When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sold from under me-is this normal

interested1956

I am really upset. Firstly let me say that I have been a ammber of various watch forums for 3 years. On this forum I have had the pleasure of buying a bargain genuine TAG from alt-obsessive.....He was a gentlman and a scholar and I have found the cutest litlle braclet to match the genuine vintage TAG that he sold me...and he held it for a few daus for me also.

I wanted a blue faced tag to match my jeans. I thought I had bought one from this forum but it appears that in the space of 24 hours it has been sold from under me. The problem? Well my paypal comes out of my savings account, not my credit card (because I admit it, I am a weak woman when it comes to shopping) and I informed the seller that I would pay within hours...as soon as the clock ticked over and my pay went into the bank...I am in australia---it would be a matter of waiting HOURS,,,not days...BUT HOURS.

anyway, wokw up this morning, logged on to pay and, well found out the blue tag had been sold to someone else.

Is this common practice here?...is it good business...

Please someone explain to me why someone would do this....I always keep to my deals and I wanted a blue-faced TAG so much....

:(

If this is normal here I may as well resign..I thought everyone was of the calibre of alt.obsessive (top notch)....

Please someone explain to me why someone would do this....I always keep to my deals and I wanted a blue-faced TAG so much....

:(

If this is normal here I may as well resign..I thought everyone was of the calibre of alt.obsessive (top notch)....

I feel for you, first and foremost, Interested1956. It's not cool what happened, though we only have so far, one side of the story. This is not to impugn what you say, but it's important to hear both sides of what happened.

It seems like a miscommunication happened here, and I would like to ask you if before posting your thread, did you try to contact the seller? What did he or she say, to justify their actions?

The internet is the Wild West, but it actually resembles real life very much.

Sometimes you shake hands with a person, and you think you have a done deal, only to find out that's not the case in the morning. Happened to me one time when buying a car, and that hurt a lot too.

Overall, I must say that these kinds of things should be hashed out privately first, especially since you revealed the ID of the forum member. (Oops, no I misread "daus" as the ID. It was merely a typo! Sorry about that).

I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, but you wouldn't want to prejudice future deals because a seller says, oh dear, this person is a troublemaker -- now would you?

Life is tricky. And times like these, unfair. Hope you'll stick around, because one sour deal shouldn't be the determinant factor of why you stay or go.

Good luck to you either way.

No it is not the normal practice if the seller gave his word to hold it for you then one would expect him to do just that.

However he has broken no rules, it was in fact his property to sell as he wished and I'm sorry but if you have lost nothing you will just need to move on.

Ken

No it is not the normal practice if the seller gave his word to hold it for you then one would expect him to do just that.

I just saw the original sales post. Curiously, since it was once owned by By-Tor, I had considered buying the watch! :p

But Interested1956, not to be harsh about this, but you'll see the member CLEARLY states in the auction, "known forum members" for PayPal.

You may indeed be a member on these boards for 3 years, but it could be that he didn't know you. I do hope that at least he had the decency to tell you that privately.

What Ken said, sadly, is the case. Buck up, though. There'll be other watches. There always are! :)

Send me a photo ....if it's available at my supplier....I'll pick it up for cost + shipping to you.....after all.....we wouldn't you to have nothing that matches your blue jeans...:D

Send me a photo ....if it's available at my supplier....I'll pick it up for cost + shipping to you.....after all.....we wouldn't you to have nothing that matches your blue jeans...:D

Damn TTK, very nie jesture on your part - kudos to you ...BTW - I did get scammed from MICAVI (michael david from CA) trying to sell me your MBW 16610 on RWI. :D

a member of various watch forums for 3 years.

Hey, interested1956, we well remember you from RWG1... the lady from Melb.... with a handbag fetish, if my memory serves me correctly :p

So do hang around, (looks like a couple of members have come up with solutions), and you will find that the vast majority are of the calibre you speak.

And if nothing else, you could help Victoria, (and MU) keep this bunch of reprobates, under some form of what is loosely called control!

Good to see you here.

Offshore

ok Firstly, the member did apologise :). I won't go into details but it was NOT a miscommunication on my part.

lol..yes, I am the bag lady (but from Adelaide)...err thught I would add a photo to show i err don't look like a bag lady...lol...and I do want a blue Tag and you are sweet guys to offer....i will get back to u later today with a couple of pic -although i do like the blue link..

post-5683-1196820904_thumb.jpg

ok Firstly, the member did apologise :). I won't go into details but it was NOT a miscommunication on my part.

Well, glad it's been resolved. I've been on tenterhooks since you posted. :p

Seriously, great photo. I love your dog (but then I love dogs)! I do think you missed a chance to post a photo of you in your jeans, but now that everything is resolved, at least partly, why not do so in the Wristchecks?

I'm not just taking the Mick you know. Really nice to see another lady on here. :)

Hey Victoria- nice to meet youi have quite a few reps-cartiers, TAGs, Hermes, VC, a perfect Rollie daydate, a great Franck Mulller, a couple of APs and few more...If you ever want a top quality rep bag i know the places that have the best reps and the best prices...(goes for the guys too if you want to impress the better half, win a few brownie points or whatever) I will post a pic of the jeans and as soon as I get my blue TAG to match....i have had such kind offers but I cannot think about them for a couple of hours as I have to take Jake to the Vet to have the stiches out of his paw....grass seed...$600AUD...boy am I glad for pet insurance...lol..I have the RSPCA insurance which pays 80% BUT 20% of the profits goes to the dog and cat shelter..well worth the $32 per monthIt costs so much cos he is so precious and wouldn't let the vet near his paws while he was conscious so he had to be sedated...unfortuantaly she wouldn't give me any sedation while i waited.. :( ........plus she said he had to lose a few kilos...i am a BAD MOMMY...lol...anyway, will get back to the blue tadg as soon as I recover from Jake's visit to the vet...lol...he seems to do better than I do.

Hey Victoria- nice to meet youi have quite a few reps-cartiers, TAGs, Hermes, VC, a perfect Rollie daydate, a great Franck Mulller, a couple of APs and few more...If you ever want a top quality rep bag i know the places that have the best reps and the best prices...(goes for the guys too if you want to impress the better half, win a few brownie points or whatever) I will post a pic of the jeans and as soon as I get my blue TAG to match....i have had such kind offers but I cannot think about them for a couple of hours as I have to take Jake to the Vet to have the stiches out of his paw....grass seed...$600AUD...boy am I glad for pet insurance...lol..I have the RSPCA insurance which pays 80% BUT 20% of the profits goes to the dog and cat shelter..well worth the $32 per monthIt costs so much cos he is so precious and wouldn't let the vet near his paws while he was conscious so he had to be sedated...unfortuantaly she wouldn't give me any sedation while i waited.. :( ........plus she said he had to lose a few kilos...i am a BAD MOMMY...lol...anyway, will get back to the blue tadg as soon as I recover from Jake's visit to the vet...lol...he seems to do better than I doHey Victoria- nice to meet youi have quite a few reps-cartiers, TAGs, Hermes, VC, a perfect Rollie daydate, a great Franck Mulller, a couple of APs and few more...If you ever want a top quality rep bag i know the places that have the best reps and the best prices...(goes for the guys too if you want to impress the better half, win a few brownie points or whatever) I will post a pic of the jeans and as soon as I get my blue TAG to match....i have had such kind offers but I cannot think about them for a couple of hours as I have to take Jake to the Vet to have the stiches out of his paw....grass seed...$600AUD...boy am I glad for pet insurance...lol..I have the RSPCA insurance which pays 80% BUT 20% of the profits goes to the dog and cat shelter..well worth the $32 per monthIt costs so much cos he is so precious and wouldn't let the vet near his paws while he was conscious so he had to be sedated...unfortuantaly she wouldn't give me any sedation while i waited.. :( ........plus she said he had to lose a few kilos...i am a BAD MOMMY...lol...anyway, will get back to the blue tadg as soon as I recover from Jake's visit to the vet...lol...he seems to do better than I do

Great. Just what the forum needs. Another overtalkative woman. :lol:

Darling, I'm just yanking your hose, as it were. Thanks so much for your offer of the rep bags. Oddly enough, I go the "gen" route for my handbags. I too have an absolute passion for them; until the rep watch obsession, I bought one a week. Pricey...

EDIT: I have thought about why, and I came to realisation that women are not like the guys here. We can't usually tell if the rehaut is too deep, the cannon pin is recessed, and all that palavah. But we do KNOW a fake Louis Vuitton when we see one. I guess I'm too hypocritical to be caught out by another woman, but don't mind with a man and a rep watch, since I can flash my smile at them. :D

(Ken, just recently I was asked to pass judgement on which of your bags was most close-to-gen, I'll have you know, Mr. Oz)

Good to hear about the dog too. And believe me, I know what you experience when a pet is not doing too well. It's ghastly.

Please consider me for PM chatting anytime, Interested1956! :)

@Interested below: Just in case there's a glitch, your posts are appearing twice, sometimes three times over IN THE SAME POST. You may want to edit them, which of course, you can here. Good to hear about your dog, though. :)

...wait, did I just write "Interested below"? :lol: :lol:

You know me too with the gen bags,,,,well most of them anyway...(I can spot a fake LV at 40 meters) but no way i am gonna pay 42-3000 for a plum Le Fab...Ken I must check out your wares :)...The seller of the blue TAG was very apologetic and I appreciate it...just thought i would mention itI survived Jake's visit to the vet...just...all he had was 2 sriches removed but i very nearly need smelling salts...i did need chocolate after....It is early evening here and i have some work to do but would love to chat and tomorrow i think TAG blue :).....:)J