When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A gift for Ziggyzumba

LordRasta

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a question, where is Patron $107usd. I sell it here in Florida and cost is around $40. I could have gladly donated it if I seen this earlier.

Natron

USD and Canadian dollar are at par now, but everything is just more expensive in Canada. :(

Alright, I was going to post that we've hit the mark and cut it off, but I'll hold off a little longer until we have enough for the book as well. At this rate, it won't be long.

Whoa...I posted prematurely before checking the account. We've definitely exceeded the amount needed for both the tequila and the book. Nice work everyone. I'll donate the balance to RWG after all is said and done and keep everyone posted. B)

If anyone still wants to throw in a couple of bucks, send it to RWG instead!

Ok, there are a couple of Earth from Above books, I'm guessing you guys meant the first version? Or the ultimate 1:1 365 days version? :lol:

Actually, we have enough in the pot to get The Zigmeister both. Thoughts?

I have no objections if none of the other members don't. Nothing wrong with having a little drink and reading a good book.

I'm a was a little late on this one but I think the idea is great!

Anybody know if you can ship booze into Canada? If we can I would throw in some private stock from the Casa de Chicken Manny barrel. Rob, if you like fine aged anejo for sipping you will love this stuff. It is more like a cognac and so smooth most people don't think it is tequila.

Cheers!

Ok, there are a couple of Earth from Above books, I'm guessing you guys meant the first version? Or the ultimate 1:1 365 days version? :lol:

Actually, we have enough in the pot to get The Zigmeister both. Thoughts?

Hmm, I don't know. The one I have is the first version, third edition. That's the one I saw on amazon.ca for about 34.60...

I love it when a plan comes together! Did some hunting around this afternoon and found a really special tequila for The Zigmeister. A tad more expensive than was discussed on the thread but the difference will be my contribution. And of course, there can only be one watch to wear for such a procurement - a Ziggified Cousteau. :D

ziggytequila.jpg

Um what about a card or a short note to go with it, I mean I know you would add something that says "from your friends at RWG" but what about a little extra like "A thank you for your many years of giving".

Certainly I don't think we should add anything about hoping to change his mind as that is a little tacky.

Ken

Um what about a card or a short note to go with it, I mean I know you would add something that says "from your friends at RWG" but what about a little extra like "A thank you for your many years of giving".

Certainly I don't think we should add anything about hoping to change his mind as that is a little tacky.

Ken

I was just going to write something simple like "To R&J, have a very Merry Christmas and a great New Years. Thanks for everything, from your friends at RWG." but I'm open to suggestions.

Ken

I agree Ken, that is why I told Rob that this is NOT to try to entice him to change his mind. Whether or not he ever comes back, we just wanted to show him we appreciate all his tireless efforts.

I have no objections if none of the other members don't. Nothing wrong with having a little drink and reading a good book.

Not so much reading, LordRasta, it's a picture book. Pictures taken from a light airplane all over this lovely planet. Anyway, thanks to you and slai for getting this on the road... :good:

Cheers,

Volker

Whoa...I posted prematurely before checking the account. We've definitely exceeded the amount needed for both the tequila and the book. Nice work everyone. I'll donate the balance to RWG after all is said and done and keep everyone posted. B)

If anyone still wants to throw in a couple of bucks, send it to RWG instead!

Oops, I missed this post. So, please forward my contribution to RWG. :)

patron is a good choice and the last bottle i bought was $109... crazy hey. Gotta love all the canadian taxes :)

And yes amazon is free shipping to most places in canada i believe. I remebered i ordered a few books years back and they didnt charge me. Alsoo if he has a major book store in his town like "chapters" you can order it and have it sent to his local store free of charge and wrapped as a gift and he wont even know what it is until its opened. Just another idea..

but im in for a donation for sure and happy holidays everyone. This is a great community to be part of!!

cheers!!

Lonnie

Works been crazy all week but I finally got a chance to pick up a card, and package the tequila nicely. It's on it's way to The Zigmeister and he should have it Monday. Books have been ordered but they won't make it to him before Christmas. Admin has been contacted about the balance in the paypal account to be sent to RWG. Will forward full audit trail to kenberg for independant confirmation. B)