When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

More Genta Love

dluddy

Just picked up a couple of outstanding MBK Patek's, the Aquanaut and Nautilus to round out my Genta Family. Could the AP Royal Oak be next ^_^

These have been expertly reviewed by others including Euno and Ubi so I will just show some Pics.

The Genta Family

choicesgentavl2.jpg

The Aquanaut

patekphillipembkaquanauiu8.jpg

patekphillipembkaquanauan6.jpg

The Nautilus

patekphillipembknautiluth6.jpg

patekphillipembknautiluig7.jpg

patekphillipembknautiluug0.jpg

Guess which one I'm wearing today?

choices3tn2.jpg

The Nautilus B)

3/21/08 OK, a quick update to add the MBK AP Royal Oak to complete the Genta collection.

audemarspiquetroyaloakmtj3.jpg

very nice pics my friend; congrats on your new pieces :victory:

oddly enough, the nautilus just doesn't do it for me. i think i'm going to have to see one in person before i understand people's love of these :g:

the aquanaut on the other hand i think i could get used to....particularly on a nice leather or alligator strap :smile:

deltatahoe

Brilliant.

Have you ever posted a photo of your entire collection... or are you like me, trying to keep it compact?

Don't have a Wide angle lens BT :p

My collection is not compact but I am slowly weeding out the non-keepers and modding the ones I can't see ever getting sick of.

I've always owned just 5-8 reps at the same time. Actually I'm much happier with smaller number of watches (so all get regular wrist time, even once or twice a month).

If I count everything, I have owned 35+, but I'm well aware that these numbers still make me look like an amateur here. :D Would like to see your collection dluddy.

A great collection. Who said the 70's were the Dark Ages of design? Whoever it was they were wrong, at least when it comes to watches.

BTW, has anyone ever run accross a list of high end watches Genta designed? Wonder if he ever did anything for Cartier, JLC, etc...

Fantastic collection, quality and quantitiy wise. Wear the well!

...and...

I've always owned just 5-8 reps at the same time. Actually I'm much happier with smaller number of watches (so all get regular wrist time, even once or twice a month).

If I count everything, I have owned 35+, but I'm well aware that these numbers still make me look like an amateur here. :D Would like to see your collection dluddy.

Amateur!!!

• 2 months later...

Mods, Tom:

Rather fey observation but it's been puzzling me -- Tom Hawkes' ID is the only one which has icons of all his ratings, to date, under each post. Is this a known glitch?

EDIT: Actually, I have to correct myself.

Even more bizarrely, the ratings reflect neither those given him, nor those he gave to others. If you click on the rating icon next to the ID, you'll see it. "List" is also ghosted.