When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

better late than never

dadog13

I have just checked josh's and king's websites...they have put some new releases on...finally the rep makers released some additional new models before the new year...

we have a Paul Picot Le Plonguer C Type Chrono and an AP(I am really interested in seeing the specs for this one and to see it compared to the gen - hopefully you'll bring this post on and compare it cause I have no time right now) on J's site and K is advertising a new Corum...

CORUM-023.jpg

CORUM-022.jpg

59483757dh1.jpg

31350059es2.jpg

11jf3.jpg

13yz7.jpg

14nw7.jpg

11jf3.jpg

They really shouldn't have bothered repping the AP Team Alinghi. I thought they would completely [censored] it up, and they have.

The gen is too complicated a timepiece to rep correctly. Forgetting the regatta chronograph function for a moment, the fact that the watch uses forged carbon should rule it out of consideration. The almost amusing thing is that they decided to rep the platinum model, which retailed for US $125,000 (there were only around 100 of these, and this rep has the dial variant that only applied to a small minority of those units).

Another reason they shouldn't have repped it is because IMO it's a poorly designed and very overrated watch.

EDIT: I should add that the white dial rep is a fantasy model.

Edited by ratchpot

I am getting seriously bored of all the 775x based reps coming out lately... Ravishing Rick ... with apologies to Ratchpot.

I'm not. :)

Personally, I am thrilled to the point of hysteria.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you're not happy with the current generation of available super-reps, you can always go digging for some of the better, older, ETA based models. That's what I've done. I had the vibe that there wasn't a lot going on in the rep world, as far as cool new releases, so I decided to explore some of the models that have been around for a while and are of high quality.

For example, the MBW rollies are pretty timeless. If you don't have one, then you could consider buying/modding one. Also, keep an eye out for some of the better older reps, like the 007 SMP, etc...

I think the Alinghi uses a quartz movement... both subdials have counters to 60 and the date is at to close to the centre of the dial (for a 7750)

And personally regret they rep watches that use the 7750 in 3-6-9 layout ...as the date is always recessed, which is incorrect. I prefer 6-9-12 layout watches with 7750... or maybe a good and solid 'normal' watch like a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms!