When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Winner of Geneva Watchmaking Grand Prix 2007!

alant

That AP is one interesting watch. It looks as if it were carved out of stone. Actually it is the worlds first carbon fiber case. Very unique and trend setting.

Here is a bit more..

In redefining the face of luxury, the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Alinghi Team blows our minds as the world?s first true carbon fiber cased wristwatch.

?Audacity? has always been one of the core values of Audemars Piguet, the Le Brassus based manufacture that has come to possess almost total dominion over the arena of watchmaking characterized by a merger between traditional haute de gamme values and path blazing aesthetic alchemy. It was, after all, Audemars Piguet that created our generation?s most sought after and iconic sports watch, the Royal Oak Offshore. New for 2007 is the Alinghi Team that demonstrates how this timepiece has become AP?s showcase for new technology by boasting the world?s first-ever true carbon fiber cased watch. The ?Offshore?, as it is known to its ranks of collectors, had an uncertain past before emerging to rule the sports watch world.

Wow looks like have hope already I saw rep of the AP Alinghi! But of course casing is different instead its in stainless steel Wish they could PVD it in black then it will look a bit closer to the gen one but definitely not 100%...at least black...But I will be waiting for the Millenary model which I believe they can do it too just don't know if there is enough demand for it...

Winner of Best Sports Watch: AP Royal Oak Offshore Alinghi Team Chronograph.

:ohmy:

Cool, AP managed to create a very expensive Casio....

That's FUNNY!!!

My first "acid test" for a watch is the readability of the dial, and this AP just doesn't cut it...

That AP is one interesting watch. It looks as if it were carved out of stone. Actually it is the worlds first carbon fiber case. Very unique and trend setting.

Believe it or not, if it was replicated correctly with carbon fibre (very unlikely), I would be all over it. I really like it.

The watch is the world's first forged carbon wristwatch (as opposed to carbon fibre). The difference is that for forged carbon, the raw materials are put into a mould and placed under intense heat and pressure, and "forged" into the working material/shape (rather than being drawn and woven into carbon fibre). It took two years of research (and no doubt, a lot of money) for AP to produce this.

• 1 month later...