When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New PAM 229 Firenze edition!

bazonkers

Haha, ok, such pressure. Hopefully mine will come soon. We need someone to review a 164 and 104 as well. I didn't get those. Yet.

104 on the way.. if you don't check the tracking it will get to u faster :lol: maybe we can get sssurfer to take the pics of the 104 and do the review justice.. i will wait until u do yours.. don't worry .. I got faith in u ,.. not to choke :thumbsupsmileyanim: .. just the entire forum is watching U... :p

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They do. I'm curious to see the AR. The photo on King's site doesn't look like double AR.

all the new releases are "single AR" as is the genuines.. it is a error on the collectors specs...

it is the same as the 092 Arktos that was released last year. :D

Just a couple of other pictures of the gen, taken from my catalog of special editions 1997 - 2006:

catalog_special_editions.jpg.xs.jpg

229_catalog_.jpg.xs.jpg

As you see, on the back, there are a couple of slight differences in the type position..., but perhaps this is something we can live with...

What's a bit worse, is the type on dial "L swiss made L", which is too close to 6.

What wonders me and I'm sure many of you as well, is how can they make all these efforts in building so much detailed new reps and keep making these silly little mistakes?...

It's like reaching the top of Everest and at 4 meters from the very top, turn down and coming back! B):huh:

Maybe they will correct the L SWISS MADE L on the next run of these watches? That would be excellent. Has anyone talked to Trusty, etc?

I believe I mentioned it in passing. EDIT: Can't post what I did, since I went to double-check, and can't find the reference.

A new trend. Limited Edition reps of Limited Edition gens. :bleh:

Maybe they will correct the L SWISS MADE L on the next run of these watches? That would be excellent. Has anyone talked to Trusty, etc?

I'm sure they already have all the dials made for the next run if they are due out in 2 weeks. Maybe the next run after that if they sell all 3000 or whatever number of these they have.

I'm sure many of you already know, but just to make sure...

The L swiss made L on the Pam 104, it is right:

104.jpg.xs.jpg

They maybe thought it was the same for the 229..., but it's not :(

Lello, I think the angle in that photo is deceptive. The print shouldn't be quite as close to the 6 as seen below. Neither the open or closed 6 version of the gen has the L SWISS MADE L print so close:

GEN OPEN 6

dogman_pam_104_1.jpg

GEN CLOSED 6 (J Series)

100_1659.jpg

REP

P104SWBW_1.jpg

Lello, I think the angle in that photo is deceptive. The print shouldn't be quite as close to the 6 as seen below. Neither the open or closed 6 version of the gen has the L SWISS MADE L print so close:

Here is where these pics come from:

http://people.timezone.com/msandler/Panera...aautomatic.html

But as I told you, this other picture comes from the 2006 catalog:

104.jpg.xs.jpg

... and I don't really think it's the angle making the type looking so close to 6.

Here is where these pics come from:

http://people.timezone.com/msandler/Panera...aautomatic.html

But as I told you, this other picture comes from the 2006 catalog:

104.jpg.xs.jpg

... and I don't really think it's the angle making the type looking so close to 6.

Yeah, you're right it's not the angle... I guess a dial was made with printing like that. Strange.

it makes no sense to talk about the flaws.

the collectors, dealers and makers know everthing.

they use a new color but the rest is wrong.

and it's very simple to make a correct dial.

for me it's a pi**-take,

let us talk about useful things and not about musings.

the avid members buy either way.

rolli

i say, the maker don't produce a correct pam.

too much efforts for nothing.

I agree with Rolli. That exclusive maker makes great PAM's - but I have yet to see one that I would say is "ultimate" or without it's own idiosyncracies.

Wait and see... ;)