When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 Sub

danzeman22

Hey, First post :)

I am ready to pull the trigger on a submariner from wm9! I know watcher is very happy with his sub from george. Im just wondering is it worth the extra money? or should i just get a MBW?

Does the WM9 bracelet have pins? or is it screwed in? it appears to me to be pins? i might be wrong.

Also watcher did you pay with credit card? i am a bit hesitant to put my numbers into wm9's site seems a bit dodgy.

Hope to hear from you soon

Daniel

Edited by danzeman22

Hey, First post :)

I am ready to pull the trigger on a submariner from wm9! I know watcher is very happy with his sub from george. Im just wondering is it worth the extra money? or should i just get a MBW?

Also watcher did you pay with credit card? i am a bit hesitant to put my numbers into wm9's site seems a bit dodgy.

Hope to hear from you soon

Daniel

Hai Daniel,

Welcome to RWG!

I am comparing and surfing for the WM9 or MBW sub

Thanks for the reply Edwin, I had read your post found it very informative. I think i am leaning towards just buying a WM9 they seem to be the best otb sub you can get.

Dont do it! We do NOT know 100% that WM9 is a trusted supplier for rep watches. His long delays in delivering his goods and the various ? marks concerning exactly where he gets his watches should be a BIG DONT GO THERE sign to everyone. My suggestion is to just WAIT. I have a strong feeling that a new updated ULTIMATE sub will be available from our known trusted dealers. If you cant wait go ahead and buy a MBW (bad bracelet, not so good dial) or an ULTIMATE Sub from andrew (conical rehaut). DO NOT buy from WM9 at this point in time.

I agree with Perry. Don't pay $600 for a friggin' replica watch. That's already 25% of the preowned no-date gen. Pure insanity.

You will be very sorry you did, when the next and improved model comes available through our dealers.

I agree with Perry. Don't pay $600 for a friggin' replica watch. That's already 25% of the preowned no-date gen. Pure insanity.

You will be very sorry you did, when the next and improved model comes available through our dealers.

Where would you recommend getting a good reasonable rep sub from?

Cheers

Daniel

If you look on the internet for rep watches you will find hundreds. Of those hundreds only a handfull are NOT scam sites. You will find the NON SCAM providers for rep watches on these boards. Trusty, Joshua, King, Puretime (Angus), TTK etc are all excellent suppliers of top of the line reps at fair prices. If you are looking for a sub I would ask you to first spend the next 3 months researching on these boards and you will learn so very much and you will in the end know a good rep from a bad one. THEN buy yourself a sub. Now if all you want is the best rep sub out there right now I would suggest three..........TTK MBW (great case, great fit and finish, deep rehaut but with solid link bracelet, thick CG, so so dial and a date font that is a little funky. Andrews ULTIMATE Sub.....(great fit and finish, great dial, better CG, BUT conical rehaut, and the BK mariner (great bracelet, great dial, nice case, best CG BUT shallow rehaut, and at times sloppy fit and finish were the bracelet meets the case) You will also wait 3-4 months for the BK mariner.

Knowing all that I know now I would say to you to wait until the next ULTIMATE version of the sub is offered which I am sure will be sometime this year. If you are looking for just one Sub and have no desire to mod go ahead and buy Andrews ULTIMATE sub. Its not perfect but overall its the best choice IMO. I own 5 subs because I was looking for the best and kept poking and hoping with each being a let down in the end. If I had bought the Ultimate Sub 2 years ago I would have saved myself $ in the end. Again its not perfect but it has top of the line fit and finish which in my mind is No 1.

Andrews ULTIMATE sub is 488$, I don't really think it's worth for a dropshipper.

WM9 is 499$, and it's far away from other subs..

For sure they are both overpriced..

So go for a MBW if you want the best price/quality balance or for a BKmariner

The price for a MBW is 475$.

so it become

MBW last time I checked was 375 bucks. Its a great sub but you need to settle for a solid mid link bracelet, bad CG and poor date font. As I mentioned before on here my MBW was called out as a rep when the guy I gave it to saw the solid mid links. It took all of 7 seconds!

FORGET WM9 already! Once again we do not know if this is a scam site!

The BK mariner is also a great watch but the issue for me is poor fitting end links aside the case and lugs. A ROLEX must have great fit and finish. The eta version fully modded will cost you around 350 and you will wait 3-4 months to get the watch.

What you want is an swiss eta with great fit and finish with no screamingly obvious issues. If paying 488 for the Ultimate Sub is not in your price range try Andrews Perfect sub. It has great fit and finish, great dial, great bracelet, swiss eta, ...the issues will be shallow rehaut and thick CG. If you buy the Ultimate from Andrew that extra 150 bucks will get you a deeper rehaut although conical and better (although not perfect) CG.

Here's a sub from Josh for $358. I don't know if this is the TW/MBW case or not. Date window does not appear to be too far right, as is the problem with his $218 'Classic'.

http://www.pc-80108.com/rlss10005-perfect-...362-p-3439.html

Also, when you can get them, doesn't TTK sell the MBW modern sub for $350? Of course getting one is a challenge in and of itself!

TTK sells SS MBW modern sub at 350$.

Josh's perferct sub is a TW best case.

I think that WM9 is scam if you consider scam the most common lies told by dealers ("Perfect" watch with a "Synthetic Sapphire", "swiss trained watchmakers", "full serviced before shipping" etc..) or the overpricing of what you get.

These prices are rediculous for a 16610 Sub. Get a "Noobmariner" from TTK for $100 and its better than the MBW or this Watchmaker9 Sub. The TTK noob has the Asian movement but who cares? The new movements are getting pretty good anyways.. or you can get the ETA version of the Noob from Paul or BK for around $230 i believe. Correct me if im wrong. A few others offer the true 520117 serial # sub as well. The noobmariner with the 520117 Serial number is the BEST out of the box submariner replica you can buy. They all need the same mods done... gen crown, tube, bezel insert, crown guards filed... so why start with a half decent sub for $499 when you can start with a near perfect sub for $100?. Most people think that for $100 the noob is gunna be junk but i guarantee you will be shocked when you see it.

dizz

Dont confuse the guy.

Josh Perfect sub is a TW best and its a good sub but it will have a solid mid link bracelet, bad CG and not so good dial.

TTK's MBW sub is just like the TW best in terms of faults. Not the SAME but similar.

The BK mariner/Nymph/Noob for the money are great but dont ever confuse the asian movement with a swiss eta. I have never had any issues with a swiss eta but plenty of issues with the asian movements. Also the fit and finish of bracelet to case is typically not good....gaps, poor fit and finish in this area. I agree that if you are short of cash and want the best sub with lowest cost in mind there is no arguement that these low cost subs are outstanding. BUT if the idea is swiss eta and you want only ONE sub with no thoughts of modding then I would look at the Ultimate from Andrew. You eliminate getting a solid link bracelete as if you would buy a MBW or TW best. You also eliminate the poor fit and finish ot the NOOB/NYMPH types where bracelet meets case. Its eta so you will have a bulletproof movement. The only issues with the Ultimate would be the slightly conical rehaut really....the pearl although not perfect is actually better than in the pics shown on his web site...not bad at all really. Also the CG have been trimmed...not perfectly mind you but certainly acceptable. Bottom line is the following..assuming you want to do NO mods and you want to have only ONE sub....

If you have the bucks - Andrews ultimate sub

If you have moderate bucks - Andrew or Josh swiss eta powered sub (typically around 300 bucks)

If you are looking to buy at the lowest price but get the best at that price - BK's asian or swiss powered fully modded Sub.

Dont confuse the guy.

Josh Perfect sub is a TW best and its a good sub but it will have a solid mid link bracelet, bad CG and not so good dial.

TTK's MBW sub is just like the TW best in terms of faults. Not the SAME but similar.

The BK mariner/Nymph/Noob for the money are great but dont ever confuse the asian movement with a swiss eta. I have never had any issues with a swiss eta but plenty of issues with the asian movements. Also the fit and finish of bracelet to case is typically not good....gaps, poor fit and finish in this area. I agree that if you are short of cash and want the best sub with lowest cost in mind there is no arguement that these low cost subs are outstanding. BUT if the idea is swiss eta and you want only ONE sub with no thoughts of modding then I would look at the Ultimate from Andrew. You eliminate getting a solid link bracelete as if you would buy a MBW or TW best. You also eliminate the poor fit and finish ot the NOOB/NYMPH types where bracelet meets case. Its eta so you will have a bulletproof movement. The only issues with the Ultimate would be the slightly conical rehaut really....the pearl although not perfect is actually better than in the pics shown on his web site...not bad at all really. Also the CG have been trimmed...not perfectly mind you but certainly acceptable. Bottom line is the following..assuming you want to do NO mods and you want to have only ONE sub....

If you have the bucks - Andrews ultimate sub

If you have moderate bucks - Andrew or Josh swiss eta powered sub (typically around 300 bucks)

If you are looking to buy at the lowest price but get the best at that price - BK's asian or swiss powered fully modded Sub.

Perry,

The Ultimate sub from andrew looks great !

only Andrew doesn

You did not say in your post that you wanted a TT sub!

My advise is...dont buy one. I had a MBW TT sub from around 4 years ago and the end lug gold plating wore through. I did not wear the watch daily and I washed off the gold after every wearing. STILL after 3 or so years I had to throw away the band and install a croc strap. TTK told me that the gold plating is much better now but there is no way to be sure.

If you are set that you want a very good quality TT sub then buy from TTK. Links are NOT solid and the fit and finish is VERY VERY good. Only worry is that gold plating and that unfortunatly is a complete unknown.

Do NOT consider WM9 at this point in time.

FORGET WM9 already! Once again we do not know if this is a scam site!

I think you know something I dont! :Jumpy:

Are you sure about?

BMW. I boght few time without problems and had maximum support there too, it's sure No Scam.

Please Perry lett me know too.....

Entering on the POSt subject:

Like all you guys know the MBW became famous for the quite 1:1 construction on the vintage Rolex.

Unfurtunately the modern MBW do not follow the same luky philosopy.

Now, the WM9 are the only quite 1:1 modern Rolex on the marke, ( that's a fact).

So may be WM9 could became the new MBW for the modern Rolex modder.:1a:

Infact they are the only 16610 rep. were you can get, without modding , Gen bezel, Gen insert, Gen retaining ring, Gen Saphire, GEN tube (It's jet big) and GEN crown too.

The saphire retaining system is like the real, and not on simply pressed crystal!!

About the price, BMW: nothing is out of the box like WM9 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Changing the dial and insert it became super in little time and with little extra.

I repite for you guys.

I got both 16610 (MBw and WM9)!

And I dismonted both, so I know.

I suggest you to compare the dismonted pieces in your hands .....B)

About the other 16610 are perfect and sure great!

BMW: I suggest them for entry level guys.

BT - new and improved model? :cc_confused: You know something and won't tell? Oh come on, please please please :)

I think you know something I dont!

Are you sure about?

BMW. I boght few time without problems and had maximum support there too, it's sure No Scam.

Please Perry lett me know too.....

ITS quite simple. Over time Andrew, Joshua, King, Angus, TTK etc. have all proved themselves to sell the very best available and stand behind what they sell. WM9 has yet to prove itself. Maybe whoever runs this site is legit and wont scam some buyer and will stand behind the watches they sell...but that is a MAYBE at this point in time. What I am saying and what every knowledgable poster on here would say is that WM9 has NOT proven itself yet. Why send 600 or more dollars to someone who very well wont be here tomorrow or may not stand behind defective products? I for one whould not chance it. In any event what ever WM9 sells will also be sold in short order by every one else at I am sure lower prices so why pay an inflated rate? That desperate for a Sub?

BT - new and improved model? :cc_confused: You know something and won't tell? Oh come on, please please please :)

No, no. I'm just playing the guessing game here.

There must be something happening regarding the 16610 soon. Actually I'm quite surprised that our dealers haven't got the WM9 Sub yet. Maybe it really is "custom made" for George who knows...

I doubt it though.

ITS quite simple. Over time Andrew, Joshua, King, Angus, TTK etc. have all proved themselves to sell the very best available and stand behind what they sell. WM9 has yet to prove itself. Maybe whoever runs this site is legit and wont scam some buyer and will stand behind the watches they sell...but that is a MAYBE at this point in time. What I am saying and what every knowledgable poster on here would say is that WM9 has NOT proven itself yet. Why send 600 or more dollars to someone who very well wont be here tomorrow or may not stand behind defective products? I for one whould not chance it. In any event what ever WM9 sells will also be sold in short order by every one else at I am sure lower prices so why pay an inflated rate? That desperate for a Sub?

Perry, If this is your opinion I sure respect it! :D

But ........This is not one SURE and one proved FACT, sorry!

It's your opinion.

I reported my esperience , and it was for sure positive.

And the experience done is sure one proved FACT!

I spent the last hour or so on the WM9 website and I have to say I am not impressed. The watches he shows as examples look great but I find it interesting that 90% of photos sent by customers are not available for viewing. The several that I did find were a day/date and a VIP Sub. The day/date had horrible end lugs with gaps galore! The VIP Sub was no doubt a TW Best..nice sub but with solid mid links, flattop pearl. Also read at least 2 posters mention that the CG seem to "offer more protection than a gen" because they are thicker and cover the crown better!!!!!!!!!!!! In laymans terms they look as bad as the ones you can buy from Joshua or Andrew at half the price!!!!!! ALSO I read many posters complain about bezels coming loose BUT that George sends a new one right away and also includes the adhesive required to glue it in!!!!!!!!!! Sound familar? Once again we dont know if WM9 is real or not. The above does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Sounds like he is selling watches that are available to us already but at inflated prices.

I would just get a noobmariner/nymphomariner if I was you... you can't beat the price, the accuracy is simply astonishing even compared to the ultimate versions offered by our mega dealers. Trust me, these watches will get boring eventually... its best to have a $100 paperweight than a $600 one.

I would just get a noobmariner/nymphomariner if I was you... you can't beat the price, the accuracy is simply astonishing even compared to the ultimate versions offered by our mega dealers. Trust me, these watches will get boring eventually... its best to have a $100 paperweight than a $600 one.

I have one. The problem is the asian movement and real bad bracelet fit. I guess it all boils down to expectations.