When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

this is getting serious!

dadog13

Not the same issue,..

I was referring to physical features, not internal capabilities.

Like wearing a rubber dive suit in the rain...

At the end of the day, people will wear what appeals to them. In a consumerist society, everybody looks to project their self image through products they buy, clothes they wear and houses they live in. As such, a unique aesthetic (and falsified history) becomes appealing and satisfies the owner, so it shouldn't really matter if we have differing opinions or use the product outside of it's original intended market.

Anyway, back to the topic - the locking crown lever on a Panerai isn't exactly what I would call a neccessity for the daily commute!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am actually a fan of 300mm dive watches, cg's etc. We may not be deep sea divers but anything that is built to withstand hostile environments is more likely to survive our everyday use. And everyday use can put more stress than one might think in a watch. :D This is one that I would never buy the gen but the rep is growing on me.

With the rise in prices of reps I do take comfort reading the very careful and nitpicking reviews. Since I can now buy fewer I am trying to buy more carefully. And on the whole "ultimate", super and 1:1 issue we all know it is hype. And that is what makes RWG and reviews like this so critical.

As previously stated, check out TRC. In the new dealers section under "Ritzshop watches". The fellow goes by the name "crippler".

I nearly pulled the trigger on that one, but he only takes WU. I noticed that he's using photos of a genuine Graham from Bernard watch. I'm sure the watch will turn up from this dealer (and he's very pleasant to talk to), but I'm not willing to take that risk - Angus has confirmed that the factories are working on other dials with the polished lever and new pusher - but if the photos are borrowed, alarm bells are ringing. I think I'll wait for the problems to be ironed out, prices to drop and new dials to be released! Thanks for the link though.

At the end of the day, people will wear what appeals to them. In a consumerist society, everybody looks to project their self image through products they buy, clothes they wear and houses they live in. As such, a unique aesthetic (and falsified history) becomes appealing and satisfies the owner, so it shouldn't really matter if we have differing opinions or use the product outside of it's original intended market.
Agreed, in at least that voicing differing opinions should not dredge up arguments....

I will however watch in amusement as these watches start to show up in the member's trading forum... ^_^

I nearly pulled the trigger on that one, but he only takes WU. I noticed that he's using photos of a genuine Graham from Bernard watch. I'm sure the watch will turn up from this dealer (and he's very pleasant to talk to), but I'm not willing to take that risk - Angus has confirmed that the factories are working on other dials with the polished lever and new pusher - but if the photos are borrowed, alarm bells are ringing. I think I'll wait for the problems to be ironed out, prices to drop and new dials to be released! Thanks for the link though.

The watch that got repped is not incorrect it is just an older version. The one with brushed lever came out in 07.

Checked the lever and the replication is identical to the genuine, I rather like the contrast of silver and black (case set).. with that said my Overlord should be out of customs on Saturday.... as stated by other members, it is not a timepioece that I would put on a lot.... but cool to have in my coolection to wear occasionally B)