When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

this is getting serious!

dadog13

Have we really been brainwashed enough to see it like this?

I mean this watch may indeed be 1:1 (that waits to be seen) but to me that term will always mean that without opening the watch you will not be able to find any fault.

Ken

I have always taken 1:1 to mean case and case part dimensions, and nothing more... I assume they use the genuine artifact to take precise measurements, and use those measurements to program the CNC mill. As far as other visual details, I think one can still reasonably expect minor variances.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always taken 1:1 to mean case and case part dimensions, and nothing more... I assume they use the genuine artifact to take precise measurements, and use those measurements to program the CNC mill. As far as other details, I think one can still reasonably expect minor variances.

Me too. Everything else I assumed was hit or miss

I wonder if the "double AR" on this timepiece is the same "ar sticker" that comes on the Breitling for Bentley which many members were angry about since it just peels off...

This is really a "bad ass" watch. Ever since Josh posted the pictures, I've been dying to look at the dimensions. This thing is going to be massive. I won't get one, because right now I am waiting until they release the reliable Daytona... patiently... and until that time it won't be anymore reps for me!

Interesting fact, is, did you know the lever was use by pilot that wore only mitten (due to the cold, in USSR). Pilot could only use thumbs to start and stop the chrono. it's a AD who told me this....it's an historic reason, not a "fashion" design button.

There's a lot of flavor of this watch...check this out (gen):

http://www.backintimeintl.com/gnew.cfm/bra...ronofighter_rac

I see the going rate for the Chronofighter is $398 USD . Too much for me. I've dispatched a buddy in Hong Kong to find the same watch but for waaaaaaay less than $398. Just to add I sent him a huge list of watches to find for me in the watch district.

Are you sure it's the same, exactly, identical, than the one sold by Andrew/Josh, etc. ?

well I loove this watch...and I would surely wear it in public....this is going to my list...not right now but something for the next couple of months...as long as a EU dealer can get one...as Portuguese customs (as I found out the hard way) are getting better.... :(

cheers