When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

One Thirteen

Victoria

Looks great Victoria ...nice dial and superdooperlume...but it should be a brushed CG on the H series 113.....

I'd prefer to go for the E-series with the PANERAI engraved movement and an E-series case back - then the polished CG is correct and IMHO a much more accurate version all in all.

Maybe DSN can make this change if you wish ??

Cheers

FGD

Maybe DSN can make this change if you wish ??

I don't know. I am getting the last H-series Swiss ETA movement with swan neck that he has.

I'm glad you caught the polished CG, FGD, thanks! This is why RWG is so important to me. Many eyes and brains thinking with me, better than me.

I don't know. I am getting the last H-series Swiss ETA movement with swan neck that he has.

I'm glad you caught the polished CG, FGD, thanks! This is why RWG is so important to me. Many eyes and brains thinking with me, better than me.

You're welcome - it's a nice watch which ever way you want it - one of Davidsens "out the box" better watches IMHO.

The gen 113 has a recessed sub-dial and I don't think any maker has been able to do this yet....which is strange as the rep 172 has a very good recessed sub-dial but that's reps for you ....why sell one perfect watch when you can sell the new and improved versions 1,2,3 etc as well.??

I am just hung up on the H-series movement and case back in general - Swiss or Asian - you only need to know one number to spot a rep .....H0035.

Enjoy

FGD

Thanks for the compliments, fellas. :)

Update: Davidsen unfortunately has no more E-series movements with swan necks. His supplier can no longer source them. He asked for me to take the last H-series, and said changing the CG to brushed is no problem.

I can live with that.

@Sattop: Lovely 113! Yes, not sure why you got that caseback, but perhaps you can email DSN to send you a replacement? Or have you already?

Let's have a little WIS fun, shall we?

Comparison of DSN PAM 113 movement/caseback with gen PAM 113.

DAVIDSEN 113

dscf6678wu4.jpg

GEN 113

113backrn0.jpg

1- Engraving depth on caseback decent on DSN 113. However, it's not as finely etched on the DSN.

2- Spacing between characters wrong.

a. "Officine" & "Panerai" should be closer together.

b. Font on caseback engraving thinner on DSN 113.

c. Distance between "PB" and "OP" numerals too wide, etc.

d. Missing OP logo between Stainless Steel and Water Resistant sign (fish).

e. 300m etched too high up.

f. Serial number and limited edition number should not be so deeply and darkly etched, with a pronounced border surrounding them.

3- C

Superb watch, Victoria. It's always nice to see a white dial PAM, particularly this one set off by the polished CG. Are you going to hook this baby up to a dark British tan strap w/contrast stitching? I imagine this baby will cover a substantial part of your wrist. And lower forearm.

I was happy to read that you were finally able to resolve your gym watch conundrum with minimal anguish. I wore my Chopard GT XL (from Wacko) to the gym today, my Chronoswiss Kairos yesterday and my PAM Arktos Saturday. Makes no difference as I leave them safely sequested (concealed beneath a sock in one of my street shoes) in my locker. Never wear one on the floor as there are clocks on every wall. I spend a lot of time on my road bike and there I use a quartz Torelli chronograph as my "bike watch". Nice-looking, distinctive (white dial, black subs, black rubber strap), functional. And if I crash (3x last year. Yikes.) and smash it, there's always my little Casio Oceanus chrono to fall back on.

Edited by doug

• 2 weeks later...
Superb watch, Victoria. It's always nice to see a white dial PAM, particularly this one set off by the polished CG. Are you going to hook this baby up to a dark British tan strap w/contrast stitching? I imagine this baby will cover a substantial part of your wrist. And lower forearm.

Thanks, Doug! I am blessed with being slight, but having medium bones so I BELIEVE it sits well on my wrist. Others may disagree though. :)

The DSN 113h arrived. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Here is a preview. Your thoughts are MOST appreciated, guys!

dsn113dialcloseupkf4.jpg

Victoria, perhaps one more shot, backed away a bit to reveal more of the strap. From what I can see, yes, I like it a lot. As for wrists, mine is likely not much larger than yours, a miniscule 6.5", but I think my PAM 183, Arktos, and pair of IWC Joneses look fine on it. Ditto my tiny Patek 3919 and Jules Audermars 3120, both in the 35mm range. I like the way all of them look; different, yes, but neither necessarily better or worse than the other. Just a different look. And now. Another photo or two, please.

Victoria, perhaps one more shot, backed away a bit to reveal more of the strap. From what I can see, yes, I like it a lot.

:1a:

As for wrists, mine is likely not much larger than yours, a miniscule 6.5",

5.7" here, but with sturdy Celtic bone-structure. ;)

Another photo or two, please.

All in good time, mon ami Doug. Midweek Wristchecks will have 6 photos, at least! :)

The only thing which worries me, is that the hour markers look VERY thin. Why didn't I notice that before??

Compare the gen to mine above:

pam1131un5.jpg

That 3 and 12 are KILLING ME.

Overall, the DSN 113 just screams quality. The heft, the polish, the finishing. I'm sorry -- I'm a sucker for his watches. I won't have as good a model, until I get a gen.

1- Engraving depth on caseback decent on DSN 113. However, it's not as finely etched on the DSN.

2- Spacing between characters wrong.

a. "Officine" & "Panerai" should be closer together.

b. Font on caseback engraving thinner on DSN 113.

c. Distance between "PB" and "OP" numerals too wide, etc.

d. Missing OP logo between Stainless Steel and Water Resistant sign (fish).

e. 300m etched too high up.

f. Serial number and limited edition number should not be so deeply and darkly etched, with a pronounced border surrounding them.

3- C

...And this girl used to play the role of a candid, uneducated noob!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trust you to notice, thanks Sssurfer!

Now if only I had been paying attention to the dial... :mellow:

I checked, and it's not like DSN can send me another dial. All of his 113s have the same width numbers -- check out my cheapo $160 Andrew PAM 113e (with brushed CG).

WTF, the 12 is closer to gen...

andrewpam113oemrockpt1bw5.jpg

Trust you to notice, thanks Sssurfer!

Now if only I had been paying attention to the dial... :mellow:

I checked, and it's not like DSN can send me another dial. All of his 113s have the same width numbers -- check out my cheapo $160 Andrew PAM 113e (with brushed CG).

WTF, the 12 is closer to gen...

andrewpam113oemrockpt1bw5.jpg

Ah Davidsen bless his heart, gotta love him, attention to detail is just not his strong point. From the pic it looks like the crownguard is still polished as well, wasn't he supposed to change it to a brushed crownguard?