When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1-26-08 SoCal GTG Pics - Modem Burner

cc

I woke up on a beautiful Sat. morning feeling a little sluggish after a night of fine dining with member R2D4 who happened to be on a business trip here in lovely Southern California. Went to Roy's and had a *few* drinks also accompanied by my wife. Thank you dinner btw..... you were supposed to be OUR guest.....

Arriving at BJ's 6 mins late, I walk in to find R2D4 already assembling a table for 8......while enjoying a Nutty Brunette. I sat down and asked if his navigation system gave him anymore trouble (went 40 miles the wrong direction the day before) lol!! Next up to arrive was CarlsbadRolex with his gear full of watches to show off. After ordering our first round of beers and a diet coke, I see this gentleman walking in as if he was looking for party when he immediately notices our watches on our table and courteously comes over to introduce himself as "bdocili". Next was Jake48 always with a smile and ready to satisfy his thirst after a long ride to the restaurant in his new car (congrats btw). Last to join our group was LegendofSpeed....... fashionably late, as he always likes it....

We all mingled and had a blast. It was great to see new and old faces. Like the previous meet, all attendees were saturated rich in knowledge about horological timepieces. I was again, overwhelmed with such great information but was all ears. I think there was about 500-600k worth of watches on the table. Soo many watches to try on. Man....MANY beautiful watches.....gens and reps. Can you spot them??

Of all things, I forgot my camera at home so i had to bribe my wife to bring her camera that she happened to carry on her. I want to apologize for the horrible pictures. Her camera sucks. I tried saving some but they just came out too damm blurry due to the dark lighting in the dining area. I would have taken more pictures but my many Nutty Brunette Brown Ale's tasted too good..........i just need the beer to touch my lips and that's it... KEEP THEM COMING!!!

Ok Ok.... enough of me yappin. Here are some pictures of the GTG.

Introduction of the "Socal Mofo's"

R2D4 & Jake48

DSC03831.jpg

huh?? lol!! LegendofSpeed

DSC03832.jpg

Carlsbad Rolex

DSC03833.jpg

bdocili...trying to give me five.

DSC03834.jpg

i forgot to take a picture of myself...... so here is my pup Tato for Potato with my The Zigmeisterfied UPO

1-18-08146.jpg

DSC03806.jpg

DSC03808.jpg

DSC03809.jpg

DSC03810.jpg

DSC03811.jpg

DSC03812.jpg

DSC03813.jpg

DSC03814.jpg

DSC03815.jpg

DSC03816.jpg

Gen 250

DSC03817.jpg

The Zigmeister relumed MBW AP Roo

DSC03818.jpg

DSC03843.jpg

DSC03844.jpg

Which one's the gen???

DSC03820.jpg

DSC03821.jpg

Wristcheck anyone??

DSC03822.jpg

DSC03823.jpg

FYI: did you know that Chopard rubber straps are vanilla scented?????

DSC03824.jpg

DSC03825.jpg

DSC03826.jpg

OOOohh........1st Gen Ti Avenger.....

DSC03827.jpg

DSC03828.jpg

DSC03836.jpg

She's a beauty!!

DSC03837.jpg

Gen?

DSC03840.jpg

DSC03845.jpg

DSC03847.jpg

This Gen Navitimer bracelet feels like BUTTER!!

DSC03849.jpg

DSC03850.jpg

R2D4 walked out with an extra watch for his collection from Carlsbadrolex....

DSC03851.jpg

Jake48 and his Gen *cough* SSD....this IS a beauty

DSC03852.jpg

LegendofSpeed with his 188

DSC03853.jpg

me

DSC03854.jpg

5 hours later.....................(table was cleared a couple times)

DSC03855.jpg

Cheers!!

DSC03842.jpg

cc

just imagine there was a hold-up in the restaurant. Some guy walks out with what he thinks is the steal of his life.... and a group of pepole who have a hard time explaining to the cops what was stolen..... :lol:

In all the bad that would be...it would still be funny lol

Ah man, I wish I could have been there. Looks like it was a good time. The best thing about these GTGs is that you get to test drive (for a few hours) the many many watches you've been thinking about but haven't pulled the trigger on. And from the looks of it, there were several watches there I've had my eye on for quite some time. Next time for sure. ;)

Chinkie...

Nice job getting everyone together - we really need to get that camera thing sorted out...

And how come I have that happy look like I have been drinking - Oh wait - I see the empty glasses - I HAD been drinking :D :D :D :D

Nice to see everyone and share our hobbie. Don't be shy. Come out for the next one. See you there...

Guest carlsbadrolex

OK, If the FBI shows up at my place asking about this I am going to use one of my three year old sons FAVORITE sayings... " What were we talking about???" (from Chicken Little).

Jake48, you motivated me to do my CG's last night. After a late night trip to Home Depot, and about 4 hours of asking if I really wanted to try it. I have to say I am fairly impressed. Your technique worked well!!! The whole dremel and sanding disc thing was a bit scary, but it really worked. I will post some pics later.

It was a GREAT TIME... Sorry I had to leave early to pick up my buddies. BUT, I got a SuperBowl ticket out of the deal, so it was worth the trip to LA!

Cant wait to have another one! By the way, I am also VERY pleased with my acquisition from R2D4. I had never thought to pick up a SuperOcean, but I like it alot!

OK, If the FBI shows up at my place asking about this I am going to use one of my three year old sons FAVORITE sayings... " What were we talking about???" (from Chicken Little).

Jake48, you motivated me to do my CG's last night. After a late night trip to Home Depot, and about 4 hours of asking if I really wanted to try it. I have to say I am fairly impressed. Your technique worked well!!! The whole dremel and sanding disc thing was a bit scary, but it really worked. I will post some pics later.

It was a GREAT TIME... Sorry I had to leave early to pick up my buddies. BUT, I got a SuperBowl ticket out of the deal, so it was worth the trip to LA!

Cant wait to have another one! By the way, I am also VERY pleased with my acquisition from R2D4. I had never thought to pick up a SuperOcean, but I like it alot!

Congrats on the CG's - It is no easy task and when you consider you are one misstep away from your watch looking like the lid on a garbage can it takes some stones to give it a try!

Look forward to seeing the pics...