When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who sleeps and/or showers with their watch on?

DemonSlayer

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who sleeps and/or showers with their watch on?

• Sleep
    • Shower
    • Both
    • Neither

Honesty.... hope I did not offend anyone with my response to this poll....just having a little fun....

Tee-Jay....you have brought up an excellent point....if you have poor vision and would like to know what time it is when you wake up in the middle of the night....then I suppose that wearing a watch (With good lume) to bed is a good idea....otherwise....you are all very very strange....lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

I use a digital alarm clock with a HUGE font....so seeing the time is never an issue for me....no wonder your reasoning never occurred to me....

No offence taken at all :) Another reason why I'll wear a watch instead of using an alarm clock, is that to get to sleep, I need a room to be pretty much pitch black (and that means no 'standby' lights or displays illuminated) so not only would the light from that disturb me, if I was to wake up, the time and effort it would take me to focus on an alarm clock, would be enough to 'wake me up', where if I can just look at my watch, see where the hands are, I can just go back to sleep :lol: To be honest, my eyesight isn't so bad that I wouldn't be able to read a bedside alarm clock, but, just waking up, it would take a bit of effort to make sense of the display ;)

'xactly!

I wear this rep:

100_0016_DXO-copy.jpg

With it's funky cyclops and solid mid-links. It's got the best lume of any of my reps, though. I read the time at 5:00 a.m. and I don't have to squint at the clock radio.

:thumbsupsmileyanim::1a::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I always sleep with my watches on, though I know some people who refuse to do so because they think they might damage the watch, such as the bracelet, crystal or case etc. I also shower with them on too :lol: and too lazy to keep taking it off and putting them back on. This is why I often wear a watch for weeks on end and then might switch to another model, rather than switching daily or every 2/3 days.

So come on ;) Who else is guilty of this crime? :lol:

I shower with my gen gmt II, need to else I shower 30 minutes...

I don't wanna damage my watch during wild nights, LOL. Most of my watches have leather straps, so no shower either.

good point, i wouldnt wear a leather strap in the shower or when swimming either. Its not good for the leather at all. i absolutely HATE the feeling of wet and slimey leather. No diving watch should be on leather. Leather is dressy... rubber and steel for all weather use.

I've actually been tempted to get one of those Timex Indiglo watches for sleeping. ;)

HAHA i know exactly what you mean. I am blind as a bat and even with my big number alarm clock i still cant see it haha. My old seiko chonograph would glow for about 2 days. I remember waking up in the middle of the night and it would be glowing like a light saber! Even my superlumed pam127 doesnt glow like that. I wonder what the hell they used on those things? I need to send a dial off to The Zigmeister to see what proper lume is really like.

dizz

The one thing I don't understand, is, if people have a water resistant watch, why take it off rather than getting it wet? Okay, I won't wear a PAM (or any other watch) in water if it's on a leather strap, but, if it's on rubber or SS, then why remove it? Most watches are water resistant simply by the mechanics of their design and manufacture. I know I've read about people having watches leak, but they must be very badly constructed to do so...

As mentioned before, I wore my 111h when I went swimming in the Med, the caseback had been removed and replaced with the caseback from my 029 (as the original caseback had broken glass at the time) which was tightened only by thumbs in rubber gloves. The crown gasget, had actually been partially damaged by the watchsmith who botched it's servicing, and yet it did not leak. The Radiomir I bought for a friend's birthday, again, not a problem with water immersion.

Okay, so watches not designated water resistant, or on leather, I can understand, but other than that, why the hydrophobia? Do folks have that little faith/trust in the promises of their dealers or their products?

Like others, I don't wear my leathers into the shower...

My girl insists that I remove my watch when we "have the sex"...She doesn't like the scratches on the back and other possible injuries that can occur when a large hunk of metal is on my wrist! ;)

must be one rough person eh? :o.. i didnt know a piece of watch could injure someone LOL :p must be a new trick that i dont know about :(..

I would never swear on that waterproof thing unless a watch is periodically serviced to stay waterproof.

My genuine Fortis which should be waterproof to 200m is badly foggy after washing the case with cold water to get it cleaned. However this could be due to a minor dent at the edge of the glass, not sure about that.

But if a silly 600-Euro-watch that really should be waterproof is not after several years of use then I don