When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It's Dinner Time!

TeeJay

Talk about High G.I carbs overload which leads to insulin sensitivity and therefore can lead to fat storage <_<

:lol: All kidding aside, that does sound like a nice meal. I just had a packet of noodles, some hula hoops and DIET lilt :)

I gave up drinking regular coke years ago, and switched to diet. However I've been reading some articles online which says that the artificial sweetners used in these soft drinks may actually pose a risk to our health, and talks of brain tumours and the likes.

For me Sirloin with Asparagus or Green Beans or Tomato slices and some old Cheddar Cheese. Coffee ... strong and black for after dinner. I eat out for lunch every day at my favorite restaurant and pick from a few favorites on the menu. I have been eating there for over 20 years ... The food is very good.

Talk about High G.I carbs overload which leads to insulin sensitivity and therefore can lead to fat storage <_<

:lol:

I fall in the "won't cook" catagory, so tend to go for the easiest option. I would've had noodles, but didn't have any available :lol:

Also, I probably won't eat anything else until about 7-8 this evening :) (Last few weeks, I ate nothing but 2 bowls of cereal and a main meal each day, so now I need to shock my body with higher calory intake before it goes into 'starvation mode', and the reduced intake stops working ;) )

Just did myself a nice jacket potato with butter, Phillidelphia, mozarella and baked beans :yeah: Washed down with a pint of cola :thumbsupsmileyanim:B)

In the past three days, I've had Chinese, Italian, and Cuban. Here is the latter, a "dorado" (Mahi Mahi) with rice and black beans.

mahimahikb9.jpg

They like to fry their foods too much, and I can't get used to having everything with rice. At least it's not spicey food like Mexican food, which I can't stand.

Today, I'm thinking Japanese (sashimi). :)

In the past three days, I've had Chinese, Italian, and Cuban. Here is the latter, a "dorado" (Mahi Mahi) with rice and black beans.

mahimahikb9.jpg

They like to fry their foods too much, and I can't get used to having everything with rice. At least it's not spicey food like Mexican food, which I can't stand.

Today, I'm thinking Japanese (sashimi). :)

That does look rather nice... Are there any Cuban dishes which don't include pork?

I'm not over-keen on extremely spicy food, but I do like some Mexican meals :) Chicken fajitas are something else I can prepare well (and about the limit to the effort I'm prepared to go to with food preperation ;) )

Just to note, that the pint of cola I had, is still going strong, it wasn't guzzled down in one go :lol:

That does look rather nice... Are there any Cuban dishes which don't include pork?

Err, yes, they do like their pork for Christmas, but it is by no means their daily staple.

Almost every dish they have is pork-free. My fave of theirs is the palomilla steak (cubed steak), ropa vieja (shredded beef on tomato sauce), and picadillo (ground beef and raisins). :)

Chicken fajitas are something else I can prepare well (and about the limit to the effort I'm prepared to go to with food preperation ;) )

You have to be careful as I had to be, not to confuse Tex-Mex with pure Mexican food, TeeJay. Fajitas are Tex-Mex. They are not unknown in Mexico, but not part of their cuisine. Sadly.

I love fajitas too!

But I detest in general, those pancakes, the tortilla (which in Cuban and Spaniard-Spanish means omelette).

Just to note, that the pint of cola I had, is still going strong, it wasn't guzzled down in one go :lol:

I love Coke...but I also love Pepsi. I'm easy. :p

Err, yes, they do like their pork for Christmas, but it is by no means their daily staple.

Almost every dish they have is pork-free. My fave of theirs is the palomilla steak (cubed steak), ropa vieja (shredded beef on tomato sauce), and picadillo (ground beef and raisins). :)

Ahh, I might well have to get better aquainted with Cuban cuisine :)

You have to be careful as I had to be, not to confuse Tex-Mex with pure Mexican food, TeeJay. Fajitas are Tex-Mex. They are not unknown in Mexico, but not part of their cuisine. Sadly.

I love fajitas too!

I had a friend from San Diego who once commented that the only difference between Mexican dishes, was the way it was wrapped :lol:

A local pub used to do a really nice 'Tex-Mex Platter' for sharing, with chicken bites, corn on the cob, onion rings and garlic bread. Probably not very 'authentic', but very nice. Sadly, they stopped doing it :(

I love Coke...but I also love Pepsi. I'm easy. :p

Of the two, I prefer Pepsi. This was Tesco's own American Classic cola, which has a hint of vanilla. Not enough to really affect the taste, but it makes the liquid itself seem 'smoother'. :)

Edited by TeeJay

For me Sirloin with Asparagus or Green Beans or Tomato slices and some old Cheddar Cheese. Coffee ... strong and black for after dinner. I eat out for lunch every day at my favorite restaurant and pick from a few favorites on the menu. I have been eating there for over 20 years ... The food is very good.

Raijor, that meal is healthy and carb free, that kind of meal is usually eaten by someone who is 'cutting' a term in bodybuilding which means someone who is in the stage of shedding body fat. Are you into health and fitness by any chance?

Ahh, I might well have to get better aquainted with Cuban cuisine :)

Not much call for Cuban cuisine where you are, I imagine. :)

If you ever get down to Windsor, look up "Latino Greek Restaurant", a stones' throw from the Castle itself.

http://www.latinotaverna.co.uk/cms/index.php?alacartemenu

They serve the best Picadillo and Taramasalata in England (don't ask)...

@Emmzy: Delicious! Rabo encendido?

Not much call for Cuban cuisine where you are, I imagine. :)

Not much indeed :lol: Damn county of inbreds... Whoops, did I say that out loud? ;)

If you ever get down to Windsor, look up "Latino Greek Restaurant", a stones' throw from the Castle itself.

http://www.latinotaverna.co.uk/cms/index.php?alacartemenu

They serve the best Picadillo and Taramasalata in England (don't ask)...

A bit off the beaten track for me, but I'll bear it in mind , thanks for the suggestion :) I think it's been well over a year since I went any further into London than Kings Cross, and then along to Euston (with the obligatory stop at The Rocket for lunch in between, of course ;) ) I keep meaning to get into Covent Garden. Really need to get to Walkabout.... B)

hamburgerhelper.jpg

I actually eat a replica of this called "Hamburger Harmony" that comes in an ominously similar looking package, taste roughly the same, but costs half the price. It is fast and easy to make and delicious to the max. To even it out I usually have a sandwich or soup on the side and for desert I love coffee flavored yogurt, even though I despise coffee in its beverage incarnation.

When HH is out I pop in a microwave dish or some potato salad... those are always healthy choices!

Around 2 pm is my heavy meal..

Sushi today :bleh:

Hamachi

maguro

Ebi

Unagi

Uni

Shake

Poke

Ikura

Spicy tuna

Scallop

Kane

Natto

Tako

Tamago

Ika

Chicken kurage

Fried Tako

Mountain veges

think I left out a few..

washed down with Green Tea... and diet Pepsi is my diet of choice.. dr. Pepper too :wub::p

I just got home from work (4am) and im gunna sit down to some homemade Lobster ravioli, baked salmon and wild rice! Im so excited that i even just put on my MBW1665 Double red sea-dewller for the occasion!! LOL i dont know why but i did. The lobster and salmon made me think about deep sea diving! ;)

dizz

last night i had 200grams of boiled chicken breasts along with one big bowl of roughly boiled cauliflower with 2Tbspoons of my own production olive oil, lemon and fresh mixed grinded pepper. I eat this every night and its carb free :) My lunch today was the same boiled chicken with cabbage salad again with olive oil and lemon Plus a small bowl of rice with spinach.

Sounds delicious right?