When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RepGeek Down

rower

I've got that message too. I'm interested to hear what happened.

"Account Suspended"

Was just about to post that, too. This looks serious. Like something to do with the illicitness of the hobby. -_-

Sylar is a member here so I hope he'll inform us. I love Repgeeks...

Guest SliceMaster
When I try to access RepGeek it is showing that the account has been suspended buy the host. Does anyone have any news on this?

I got the same when I tried to log on, I

I am sure we will have an Admin member pop in shortly to explain what has happened so until then lets not assume the worse, these kind of things have been happening to all the boards at one time or another.

Ken

Bandwidth is not an isssue, we have plenty of that. Its the requests on the site that are large.

This is why you need a dedicated server. It's your CPU, then. Servage will tell you that you get twin-xeons, but they're xen hypervisors. You hit swap and the dom0s or domUs start bailing and forums use CPU so much that apache children spend longer time alive and eat RAM until you pageout.

On a dedicated server, you hit swap and you slow down a little. On top of that, you can hand-roll your httpd.conf and my.cnf to your needs and the actual, not virtual, spec of the server.

ps. I know bandwidth isn't the issue. ;)

I've got a headache................thanks Puggy :(

I'll translate: The system they're hosted on doesn't like being stressed, so the people that look after it rein it in from time to time. They need a system that can handle it without needing handling.

ps. There's nothing wrong with virtualisation per se. I'm a big fan, but there are times it's not ideal.

LOL, sorry to bore you guys. Wanted to keep the geek talk down.

In short we wre using to many CPU resources in the server we are on. The server is shared with other sites so they gave us a slap on the wrist.

Site is back online.

Edited by Sylar