When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 127 and 217.

Dani

what else do we expect from limited edition panerai....? just look at the rolex prices in last 10 years. im sure in 20 years 127 will be pushing 60-70K easily... time to start retirement fund :)

p.s. you know whats funny? i think davidsens 127 will be going up in price as well :) in the rep community that is.

Wow!

On 8 November, I posted that a Fiddy was going for $20k on Risti. 3 months and change later, and it's 23k! That's almost a thou per month gain...

Unreal. -_-

Edited by mil_sub

what else do we expect from limited edition panerai....? just look at the rolex prices in last 10 years. im sure in 20 years 127 will be pushing 60-70K easily... time to start retirement fund :)

Recently, on Risti, I read that the 232 owners are completely baffled by why the 249 has taken off, but the 232 (despite predictions that it'll soar "any minute") remains stuck at list price. Apparently, it's quite easy to get one, and no queue needed.

I remember mentioning this myself in that thread, about the Fidestro vis-

It has definitely gone all stupid... all of a sudden with the 127 and 217. Lucky boys who bought them for 9-11k a year ago!!

FOR A STRAP FOR CHRISSAKES

Yeah... I just paid EU130 for a Dirk... but I just had to have it :|

The price increases over the last few months are extraordinary and the 127 typifies that. And althought I am a PAM fan and own gens, reps, vintages, etc. I am still deciding whether they are going to go up and up or ultimately go out of vogue. A watch is a collector's piece until it simply becomes a used watch. If you look at Timezone or Watchnet the watches that trade like baseball cards are PAM's and Big Pilots. The question I am asking myself is whether PAM's are the Pokemon cards of fine watches?

One of the more revealing things I found is that prices are not always what they seem. I was at a Christies watch auction a couple of months ago. Christies accounts for more than 70% of the legitimate sales at major watch auctions. The auction featured a number of fabulous watches including $50-100k rolexes and pateks, a full provenance 3646 and some more recent PAM's. In spite of all the talking about people spending $90-100k for a 3646 and others demanding premium prices for lesser PAM's the 3646 did not meet the reserve and the price range was $70-100k. The other PAM's sold at humdrum prices. On the other hand the Pateks largely went at or above the estimates and the truly unique the Rolexes sold even better and in a number of circumstances went well above the estimates. Time will tell whether the $25k 1950 with a $50 movement is a good investment or not.

I am not convinced either way but it is food for thought.....

If I had a gen 127, I'd sell now, or soon, and buy a vintage Daytona. That watch will always appreciate. I think the giganto watch trend has to end sometime, and when it does, Pannys like the 127 will take a hit. They'll always be worth a lot, no doubt, but they'll never match a 6263/6239/etc for value.

That's just crazy money. Okay, so my 127 is my favorite watch in my collection, but, even if I had the money to buy a gen one, there's nothing about it that I can see that justifies that pricetag... I think I'll stick with mine, which, if I recall, cost me

Recently, on Risti, I read that the 232 owners are completely baffled by why the 249 has taken off, but the 232 (despite predictions that it'll soar "any minute") remains stuck at list price. Apparently, it's quite easy to get one, and no queue needed.

That's pretty easy to figure out. The 249 is ubercool with it's California dial; the 232 is just another... Radiomir.