When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Oz GTG? Any starters?

offshore

Where and when for an Oz GTG?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. If a GTG was arranged for say April thru June, I would be more likely to attend

• If it was in Sydney
    • If it was in Melbourne
    • If it was in Brisbane/Gold coast.
  2. 2. I would be interested to attend-

• On one day
    • To arrive Friday evening and return home Sunday

I am definately in for Sydney, but on the other hand if there is enough notice of when it would be, a nice interstate drive and visit some of the country would be nice. Have lived here for almost 3 years and still not left Sydney - found work when i arrived and ended up doing 60 hour weeks since pretty much. Need an excuse to visit the hookers in a different part of the world ;)

All jokes aside if we are going to do this then Sydney looks to be the obvious choice, it is after all only an hour by plane from either Melbourne or the Gold Coast and we wouldn't need to hire a boat and captain as CS suggests we could all just take a trip on the Manly ferry. :D

Ok I said no jokes, so yes I can make it if it is in Sydney, my wife was within a whisker of letting me go there to meet Omni soon after we returned from holiday so April should be cool.

If Double T can also plan his Aussie trip to be in Sydney at the time of the gtg that would also give us an international feel.

Ken

It appears that TT will not be in Oz till late in the year, so we may as well push on for an April->June time frame.

@JM,.....Canberra.... FFS!!...more scammers there, than around these climes......AND..it's getting further south....at the time of the year we are talking, the blood of your northern neighbours would freeze in those parts :rolleyes: Not to mention, we don't own jackets!

No.......the consensus would say Sydney, unless we have a late "run" from other areas.

My colleague CS, who may become involved in some logistics for us,(He didn't know that until now... but probably guessed :p ).... is to a degree otherwise disposed at this moment, so we will softly ..softly.. start to look at some alternatives...and come back in a month or so with some ideas.

Any other starters, add your input here.

Offshore

As Offshore said, I've got my plate full until mid-April (damned parole board! :animal_rooster: ), but that perhaps gives plenty of time to plan the thing.

Here are some more thoughts to throw around:

- I'm feeling increasingly encouraged that we could actually pull this off. :lol:

- I really feel that there needs to be an extra special incentive for any interstate visitors; that in fact they deserve it for making the extra effort. And no, I don't think the Manly ferry counts!

- Like the EU GTG maybe it could take place over more than one day, but focussed on a single event - as in, interstate visitors and anyone else who is up for it might meet up for a couple of other things while they are in town.

I reckon this could be awesome. :thumbsupsmileyanim: