When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What colour stitching should I put on this one?

V

I had this off-white colour one ready couple of days ago and I still cannot decide which colour stitching will look good on it.

I know it is a 'summer' strap so all the options are open.. Black will work but it is common I think with this off-white colour (Strapmasters danish pale)

Blue will look good with jeans I think.. red is nice as well.. or maybe off-white matching or boring?

Any recommendation are more than welcome :)

DSC00409.jpg

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

I would use a coffee with cream color thread or possibly a black. If you have it a dark navy blue almost black would go well.

You really should finish your sides. It would give the strap a whole new look and compliment the stitching/leather combo. Kind of like a belt does with pants.

I would use a coffee with cream color thread or possibly a black. If you have it a dark navy blue almost black would go well.

Whatever you do, don't make it orange.

whiteyorangelongzj2.jpg

God, what was I thinking.

You really should finish your sides. It would give the strap a whole new look and compliment the stitching/leather combo. Kind of like a belt does with pants.

I think V likes to evoke the roughewn quality of straps of the 1940s frogman.

Gorgeous strap colour, V. I am looking for a strap like Simona made for her 049, but I have to save for my Jules Verne first. If not, I would've ordered this one.

Gorgeous strap colour, V. I am looking for a strap like Simona made for her 049, but I have to save for my Jules Verne first. If not, I would've ordered this one.

Thanks Vic.. To save you from the dilema, I don't have any more leather from this colour. It was just a small piece for max 2 straps and still don't know if I will be able to make a second one.

Save for that JV.. Nice strap but too expensive I think.

Btw I think I will go for very dark blue (close to black) stitching on this one.. It was my first option and I think it wIll look good with jeans. :)

Thanks Vic.. To save you from the dilema, I don't have any more leather from this colour. It was just a small piece for max 2 straps and still don't know if I will be able to make a second one.

Something told me that was the case, since you would've put it in another area, if yes. Shame. :(

Save for that JV.. Nice strap but too expensive I think.

$300, brand new. Trying to bargain a guy down to $280, but that's really obscene. I hope my parents never find out.

It will be my last OEM strap.

Btw I think I will go for very dark blue (close to black) stitching on this one.. It was my first option and I think it wIll look good with jeans. :)

I can imagine that combo. I love your Elizabeth Taylor blue strap, and used it on the Andrew 113 often.

And I guess that means that Max was the most influential, since he said blue or black! What perfect taste that man has.

Looks great V.

Victoria, I hope you don't hate all orange stiching...or I will be hurt ;)

Oh no! In fact, I love orange stitching, hence my choice.

But you have to admit that strap is rancid. Bad leather, and stitchwork which looks like a Raggedy Ann doll. :thumbdown:

The new strap looks great, V!

I see I am late here.

Strap came out good, but next time I would try cappuccino stitching.

To me, the warm, cream nuance (is it just the pics?) of that off-white requires warm tones for the stitching too. Blue and other cold tones would make for a better fit on a different, cold off-white, icy white like.

To me, the warm, cream nuance (is it just the pics?) of that off-white requires warm tones for the stitching too. Blue and other cold tones would make for a better fit on a different, cold off-white, icy white like.

Well-thought of, as usual, Sssurfer. :victory:

I see that Panera suggests what I was going to suggest -- ivory (or off-white thread, itself). But seeing how V said this would go with his jeans, I think he made the sensible choice.

A more daring choice would've been baby blue. The same blue as the Greek flag (the most beautiful blue there is).