When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Victoria's 183H Transformation

TWP

Victoria

please scrutnize before i send this to you tomorrow. Any one else for that matter.

Here is victoria's watch prior to modding. The lume on the dial and hands does not match, yet I was pleasantly surprised when the repl

iume glowed like it did. HOwever no comparison

Victoria_7.jpg

Victoria_8.jpg

Victoria_9.jpg

Here is here watch after installing tall ETA cannon pinion and hour wheel. Dial and hands were redone with C9/C3/C1 superlumova

Victoria.jpg

Victoria_1.jpg

Victoria_3.jpg

Victoria_4.jpg

Victoria_5.jpg

Victoria_6.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picture number 4 looks terrible dude...Looks like you've spilt something allover the dial.

Is this meant to instill confidence in people about your modding work.?

LOL

That is dust my friend. Nothing more nothing less. That is why it does not appear in the last pictures :p

please scrutnize before i send this to you tomorrow. Any one else for that matter.

Victoria.jpg

Victoria_1.jpg

Agree with what the others say about the 2 and the 10 index. But it also looks as if you spilled some lume on the side of the hands. And there's a little black dot on the 45 seconds marker of the subdial.

Are you sure that what we see above the 'SWISS' and around the 5, 7 and 3 indexes is dust?

Furthermore the base of the hands near the cannon pinion seems a bit scratched, but could also be dust.

edit: too bad that you chose to delete the whole thread, since I appreciated your openess at first...... Good to see the Mods got it back.

edit 2: my appologies for jumping conclusions too fast. The mods had set this thread invisible for some hours.

@TWP.. you stated once that you work without proper tools?? if this is correct what are you "working with" are you actually doing the mods yourself?? if so please show me some evidence of this.. as your prices are extremely high .. I have bought a genuine crown and had it modded for less than you are charging

I went through a similar episode last year and this seems errie how it could turn into the same experience..

and as you stated you are a medical professional .. I have friends that are now M.D.'s and they would never think of using some of the terms even in anger that you have shown on the board

Am I doubting your validity... yes I am.. I would like nothing more than for you to "prove" me wrong..

up to this point you have shown pics of the dials .. over exposed lumes.. which could make the lume glow like a torch... anyone could take these pics... and posting sales threads ... do you have the physical watches on hand ???

thanks

Lanikai

To those who have been following my comments on the similar thread, over at RWI:

When I checked my email late in the day, it seems that TWP had sent me an explanatory note about these photos. Without revealing info that I may get wrong (since the thread threatens to be tetchy), he suggests the dial is different from the one pictured here.

I'm sure TWP will reply of his own accord, in due course.

As a person who is getting these mods for free, out of the goodness of his own generosity, I am in a difficult position. But I thank TWP for whatever extra work he did, and to all who replied, who answered forthrightly on my behalf.

Thank you, guys! :)

A photo like the one above is like a similiar situation I had with the DSN dials.

If you are going to be in the watch repair buisness and be successful you need a keen eye for detail. You need to catch things that even the pickiest of people would not.

I am not sure what is going on with that photo and I am sure that TWP will explain but you have to wonder how TWP could look at that photo and think it was fit to post. There is the disturbing issue.

I totally agree. Even more disturbing is that this post was removed........... I'm glad the Mods put it back.

I really really hope TWP comes and tells you guys what happened. Let me just say, without revealing an email confidence, that it was apparently somewhat of a joke. I know what you're thinking -- "yeah, that mod job was really a joke, Vic".

But I mean, a joke joke. Didn't go down very well, did it...

If TWP is reading this, I humbly suggest no more such jokes in future, at least not about your work. That's your bread and butter, capiche?

Make jokes about Korean ladies who can't say clock instead! :tu:

@TWP.. you stated once that you work without proper tools?? if this is correct what are you "working with" are you actually doing the mods yourself?? if so please show me some evidence of this.. as your prices are extremely high .. I have bought a genuine crown and had it modded for less than you are charging

I went through a similar episode last year and this seems errie how it could turn into the same experience..

and as you stated you are a medical professional .. I have friends that are now M.D.'s and they would never think of using some of the terms even in anger that you have shown on the board

Am I doubting your validity... yes I am.. I would like nothing more than for you to "prove" me wrong..

up to this point you have shown pics of the dials .. over exposed lumes.. which could make the lume glow like a torch... anyone could take these pics... and posting sales threads ... do you have the pysical watches on hand ???

thanks

Lanikai

Are you planning on having work done by TWP? If not, he does not have to justify himself or his methods to you, nor does he have to provide you proof that he is actually the one carrying out the work. That is a ludicrous accusation to level at someone, unless you indeed suspect TWP of 'drop-smithing'...

As for your character assasination, by referencing your own friends in the medical profession, that's entirely unnecessary and irrelevent to the point of this thread, which is critiquing TWP's quality of work. TTK could hardly be said to have the best 'bedside manner', but, when it comes to providing top quality watches, he is above reproach. Personality is irrelevent here, unless it a ) interfers with someone ability to do the job they are paid to do, or b ) puts clients off working with them.

In terms of personality, I have always found TWP to be polite, friendly and professional. In terms of quality of work, I have always been impressed with what he has done. Now, in terms of this specific watch, yes, those smudges on the dial are ominous. If they are cleaned off, then no harm, no foul. If they were to still be on a delivered watch, personally, I would not be impressed... But, artists are human beings, not machines. They can't be expected to perform 100% accuracy 100% of the time. Take tattoo artists for example. Although there are indeed some incredibly talented artists out there, they can all have their 'off-days', where a design might not come out quite as intended, and, when that is being permanantly inked on a person's body, consderably higher pressure for accuracy, than luming a watch dial. Even the best of us make mistakes in such things, it's part of being human, and, unless a really serious error, not things to hold against people, when the rest of their portfolio, is good. I'm sure TWP will handle this in a suitably professional manner :)

Joke? Come on Vic, give us and yourself some credit here ;) !!!

And edit to explain myself...

It is not only that watch posted.. It was a flood yesterday on the Panerai section of 10 posts about how good his mods are and how happy customers are. And then there is this watch PLUS another 005 with a ridicilous lumejob and a smudge on the 3 that as a member said even Stevie Wonder could see.

And after that when the flaws were starting to be commented the threads dissapeared.

I personally believe its either you have an eye for detail or not and unfortunately TWP seems that he doesn't.

If it was a joke then I am an alien. Welcome to Mars (the chocolate one) :D

Joke? Come on Vic, give us and yourself some credit here ;) !!!

I realise what you're saying, but according to the email time, he sent me the email first, and then posted the post (not after the bad reactions).

Tell me how to react, V. 'Cause this is why I am not raising the roof in ire -- after having seen my watch altered really badly.

Until he replies, I have no recourse but to believe him. Sorry.

I realise what you're saying, but according to the email time, he sent me the email first, and then posted the post (not after the bad reactions).

Tell me how to react, V. 'Cause this is why I am not raising the roof in ire -- after having seen my watch altered really badly.

Until he replies, I have no recourse but to believe him. Sorry.

Check my edited reply

'It is not only that watch posted.. It was a flood yesterday on the Panerai section of 10 posts about how good his mods are and how happy customers are. And then there is this watch PLUS another 005 with a ridicilous lumejob and a smudge on the 3 that as a member said even Stevie Wonder could see.

And after that when the flaws were starting to be commented the threads dissapeared.

I personally believe its either you have an eye for detail or not and unfortunately TWP seems that he doesn't.'

I'm sure TWP will handle this in a suitably professional manner :)

Yes. :)

In the interests of full disclosure, I have to admit something which TWP doesn't know. A few of you who have asked me for modding opinions, do -- I often tell people very clearly that TWP is overburdened, and that a few people have questioned his work. I have often suggested Vaccum as a viable alternative or just to go to DSN.

I consider him a great guy. And I have seen amazing work from him. But also, I'm not blind nor deluded when I see something wrong.

Perhaps those who have received that advice from me, can attest to it now.

It is my humble hope that he not attempt this kind of post again, because from what I can see, people are ready to circle the wagons. Given the photos, justifiably so, but still.

'It is not only that watch posted.. It was a flood yesterday on the Panerai section of 10 posts about how good his mods are and how happy customers are.

I understand. I cannot comment because I didn't see either this thread on RWG (it had been "removed" by the time I got up) or those other threads.

I can only comment on what I know, and that's what I know. Please read my subsequent reply for a look at the greater picture, since we're so insistent on good eyesight.

i want a modded 127 though from twp :(.. but he hasnt replied to meeeee

Good for him..

Because if he is overwhelmed and cannot handle the volume of work he SHOULDN'T reply to every request about a watch like some other guy we know here did in the past and there was a delay of months and years for mods.