When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Victoria's 183H Transformation

TWP

I can't see how asking for a review is somehow shady--obviously it could go either way based on what happened here.

And my first thought on seeing the missing threads was that they had been moved, perhaps posted in the wrong section. IMHO if they were moved and not deleted, a lot of derogatory speculation could have been avoided, although admittedly I haven't read the special rules for dealers.

As far as suggesting that TWP is sending everybody's watch to GZ for modding, that is going pretty far. I'm a little sick of reading all the attacks on a man who is:

1) Providing the modding services in the first place, in the US, not exactly a crowded market

2) Continuing to do so even though he's had far more than his share of sand kicked in his face

3) Willing to subject his work to public scrutiny

4) Willing to own up to his mistakes and make things right

So maybe he isn't an elite, Swiss-trained master--he has obviously done some great work in the past and I'm confident he will ship great work in the future. Speaking from personal experience, sadly I was not born with my father's skill with a brush nor my mother's talent as a sculptor, but I have spent countless hours laboring under a microscope coating a .05mm titanium lattice with a polymer/solvent goo from a syringe the breadth of a hair, sometimes to have it inspected and declared flawless and sometimes I missed a tiny bubble or a miniscule gap and it gets tossed in the trash. I have spent whole nights reconstructing missing sections of centuries-old scrollwork with a dremel, and have gone to bed fully satisfied with my work, only to wake up and see at a glance that I screwed up some nuance in the pattern and the whole thing must be done over.

Meticulous, intense work is just like that sometimes--you can be proud of something when you first finish it but when fresh eyes see it it's just not the same. I applaud his efforts, I do not make a habit of making apologies for people, but this kind of work gets better the more you do it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@VB... the statement or statements was not pointed at you ... these are questions that i believe should be answered by TWP.. and I am not talking about your rep in particular.. although it would seem you are a spokesperson for TWP.. or at least PR for him.. I realize all your trying to do is help the guy, but why does he need it ? I'm sure you have no vested interest in his business..

Reviews .. write ups ... pictorials ... it would be wise to stay unbiased and not market the collector then turn into a representative for him/her .. it could cause misunderstandings.. making excuses for collectors is uncalled for, let the collector answer for themselves .. let the mods work speak for itself

again the members that will really be affected are the new comers with only other members recomendations to live by .. and if he/she only reads a scant portion of the forum then they will probably be swayed by all the hype of members cheering a mod that has proven to be if anything inconsistent in his/her work and excuses as to that work.. that won't hold water.. so to speak

what I am trying to say is no need to take charge of this situation it will only cause burdens for you ... you should not feel in a difficult situation although it is your rep in the pics this rep is not the only issue in question.. Vici just allow TWP to step up by himself..you are not responsible for anything here

Reviews .. write ups ... pictorials ... it would be wise to stay unbiased and not market the collector then turn into a representative for him/her .. it could cause misunderstandings.. making excuses for collectors is uncalled for, let the collector answer for themselves .. let the mods work speak for itself

Thanks for your honest response, Lanikai. I hear overall what you are saying.

However, reviews, write-ups, pictorials are the basis of this forum.

(Or in my case, would-be pictorials -- I wasn't even going to do that, simply post the watches in the Wristchecks as usual).

Haven't you recently been accused of being a shill and giving positive reviews in exchange for watches? A charge I found ludicrous, and said so, if you read my reply closely between the lines.

I know you are not accusing me of anything more than a rather strained charge of "PR" for TWP.

I say strained because as you have read, I have actually told people NOT to use TWP's services, at various times. Some PR spokeslady I am.

At most, he's a chum of mine, insomuch as anyone can be a chum online. I honour his work and commitment to his family deeply. But my watches are sacrosanct. If he messes them up, I'll tell him in no uncertain words.

AND CRUCIALLY FOR RWG...

I'll tell you guys too.

Now, let's follow Robi's advice and see what the chap has to say.

@Doc: Wow! Applause.

I think we should see the other example of his modding skills and ask that the thread titled 005 for linas which is currently hidden in the Panerai section be unhidden.

sounds good R

@ vici.. your wanting to help others is commendable vici.. and no I know you would not accept anything in trade for favours.. not you at all..

gotta let go of this one though

aloha

Lani

Carl is not at all eager to jump in here at this point but would say that this should have been a private matter from start to finish.

This should have been moderated.

Carl, this sounds like I was complaining, and me and TWP are at odds.

NO! Please.

This was brought to my attention first on the Shoutbox, when I logged in. I searched for it, and it had been deleted/moved (as we later found out, by Mods, not by TWP).

TWP had a similar thread on modding my 190, which he did for me in complete generosity of spirit because (I hesitate to bring this up) the forum atmosphere was very different towards me in November-December 2007. He wanted to pep me up, as well as do right by my standing order with him. I was astonished at his surprising gesture, and I admit, I cried.

God, what a nice guy. Doc is right. He's not perfect, but damn his heart is golden, and he always steps up to the plate if he goofs. I feel like such a heel now...

I think we should see the other example of his modding skills and ask that the thread titled 005 for linas which is currently hidden in the Panerai section be unhidden.

I would have to disagree on this one, this thread was never supposed to be a witch hunt.

I suggest we do what has already been mentioned a couple of times, wait for TWP to reply.

Ken

blablablablablablabla.. twp this, twp that.. :rolleyes:

there really is absolutely no point in going on and on forever about what twp might have intended with this or might have done or might have...

whoever is interested should just send him a PM and demand a statement either in this thread or via PM..

until he feels like taking part in this 'discussion' everyone can make their minds up wether or not to buy from him judging by the pictures...

hahahahaha... The kenster... Are your sure bro? ahahhaahha, i dont know but what does @VB stand for i thought it stod for Verbal Kint... So im wrong, maybe i dont know... But Ken im not drinking today hahahaha im at work... But maybe your in the bar right now?

Remember my old forum ID, Robi. Lanikai uses the shorthand, though I encourage everyone to call me Victoria, Vicky, Vic, Gorgeous Babe, anything you want. :tu:

Not that! ;)

• 2 weeks later...