When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TTK's Group Buy and Beyond - Where's TTK?

hiker01

Thanks for the update!

AJOESMITH

BRUCE 79

CHRGOD

DEE 1

DINO 13

HIKE USA

JOHNNY HA

MUDFISH

NELLY

I believe 4 or 5 people from this list got there's already! Unfortunately, I'm not one of them......still waiting!

Hike,

I think you know already, but just in case...I got my 16610 3 - 4 weeks ago. I was DINO13 on this list.

Edited by Dude

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To everyone who participated in any of TTK's Group Buys and who have individual purchases from him

who still have outstanding issues (orders not recieved and such), please post here so that we all know

where we stand:

I'll start:

2 watches not recieved from the Rolex Group buy started on Jan. 12, 2008 http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=65692 :

1 DRSD

1 GMT Master

Copy of the Final Buyers' Spreadsheet:

Thanks!!

I have two watches, an AP and a Patek, both expensive - took ages to come, and NEITHER ONE RUNS at all... not a tick. No answer to Skype.

Neil obviously has a problem and that's it for me.

I have two watches, an AP and a Patek, both expensive - took ages to come, and NEITHER ONE RUNS at all... not a tick. No answer to Skype.

Neil obviously has a problem and that's it for me.

Bumped! Some of our friends are missing this topic!

I received a watch from the group buy but it was not the one I ordered. I ordered a GMT II and received a classic Sub.

I'm sorry to hear that, Pizza-man! That's a bummer!

What a same! How could have that happen, I wonder!

Well, at least you have a watch.....u said ur keeping it, rt?

I have been a Supporter of RWG since Nov '06 and have owned around 30 reps (I've sold a few and currently have over 20). I have read many threads regarding TTK's sales and communications methods and I have read many threads posted by TTK himself. I have seen TTK's photos and admit that I've been seriously tempted to buy a watch from him. Unfortunately I have read so many negative reports that I've decided that I probably won't waste my money on swelling his coffers for fear of receiving a duff watch or worse still - not receiving one at all ! I have read comments (good and bad) about the other "trusted dealers" on this forum but there seem to be so many about TTK (I've always wondered why??)

The camps seem to be divided - those that defend him to the hilt and those that seem to hate him with a vengeance due to bad experiences of trying to buy "hand picked", "QC'd" and "not drop shipped" watches.

Right now I am wearing a Chopard GTXL. Skyped the order into Neil and had the watch within 2 weeks. It hasn't missed a beat.

I once bought a watch from Trsutywatchguy. The strap didn't fit and the movement was corroded. The replacement was also corroded.

Personal experiences count. Vendettas are something else......

Hi all,

I have just put in an order for a black Noobmariner (074) and a blue dial Noobfish (404). Neil seemed to think they would be posted out by Monday next week and that I should get them within a week or two of that, touch wood! But knowing international shipping and quality issues I know there may be some delays.

I will keep you guys posted with the progress and the results when they show up. Annoyed that I missed out on the group buy, but his prices seem very competitive and he was very helpful on the phone. Its my first rep order, so have my fingers crossed I won't get burned and put off.

Really glad I stumbled upon this forum, a true goldmine of info! :D

Tom

Does my 8 months long wait enable me to post here even if I was well before than the group buy?

In this case, I did not receive:

1. one noobmariner

2. one LV noobmariner

3. one PP Nautilus Jumbo

but TTK has his own way of doing business and, to be fair, he always comes through with the goods.

If I were dead in these last 8 months and he delivers tomorrow, would it make for a come through?

Does my 8 months long wait enable me to post here even if I was well before than the group buy?

1. one noobmariner

2. one LV noobmariner

3. one PP Nautilus Jumbo

If I were dead in these last 8 months and he delivers tomorrow, would it make for a come through?

Hi ssurfer....you're most welcome here......actually I'm surprised you just posted now! Good to hear from you! Thanks........and I know how you feel!!!!

1. one noobmariner

2. one LV noobmariner

3. one PP Nautilus Jumbo

I think I can beat that,.... 10 months then had to settle for a different watch than what I ordered.... :1a:

that is what I dont understand.. my first transaction with ttk was flawless. 15 days start to finish, I am in conus. this time, with the group buy it is 52 days and counting. I know I will get my watch. I just dont totally understand the HUGE difference in delivery and communication from purchase to purchase.

Well Mr. Narikaa, thanks for informing us.....but if you could type, I'm pretty sure TTK could itype, too and inform all of us as well! Are you he's spokesman now??? He visited today, so why can't he type?

ttk.jpg

Or maybe his other half or secretary is typing for him!

I feel sorry that he is ill and I hope he will get over soon.

However, between the groupbuy starts and now, TTK has posted the "Noobfish" for sale. That tells me he is functioning and if he has time to post Noobfish for sale, he should have time to inform his groupbuy customers what's going on.

Spoke to Neil last night

Seems he has dacryocystitis and the meds involved cause him zero vis 3 x 2hours a day, plus 24/7 pain in the eyes.

His poor little tear ducts just couldn't cope with the overload put on them

Have ye no shame???