When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TTK's Group Buy and Beyond - Where's TTK?

hiker01

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received my Yachtmaster over the weekend at long last. I must say that the extra money I paid for "UK routing" proved to be a waste, as the package arrived straight from Thailand. I've lost my appetite for this watch. I've posted in the For Trade section.

Sounds to me like you were scammed....How much extra did that "service" cost you???

LH

I received my Yachtmaster over the weekend at long last. I must say that the extra money I paid for "UK routing" proved to be a waste, as the package arrived straight from Thailand. I've lost my appetite for this watch. I've posted in the For Trade section.

Q. Why did you pay extra for 'UK routing'?!

A. To avoid possible customs seizure?!

Q. Was the watch seized?!

A. No.

Q. Ultimately, what would have been different about the end result from your point of view?

A. None.

That's the gamble with insurance! Maybe next time you should save on the insurance, go to one of the other 'trusted' dealers and buy their waterproofing service with the saving (notwithstanding the watch will be more expensive to begin with).

As for losing your appetite for the watch - since when was that the fault of the person that sold you it?!

This really is clutching at straws now.

PS. If you really have an issue - talk to the man directly. No point in griping here as he can't see you......

A. No.

Q. What difference did it make?!

A. None.

You paid extra for insurance that wasn't required. I doubt if you didn't claim on your car insurance after a year anyone would sympathise if you asked for a refund.

As for losing your appetite for the watch - since when was that the fault of the person that sold you it?!

PS. If you really have an issue - talk to the man directly. No point in griping here as he can't see you......

I find that sort of attitude incredulous. If someone charges for a service then does not provide that service, irrespective of the final outcome, then it is just plain wrong. Neil has made money for charging for a service he never provided. Is that right? This was not an insurance service that was not claimed on. It was an insurance service that was paid for but not claimed on out of pure luck, not through anything Neil did. Car insurance paid for and not claimed on is not the same. At least you have the peace of mind that if anything did happen, you could claim on it. Musicale paid for UK routing so that there would not be the hassle of replacing a seized watch and having to claim for a loss, as it were. Whether the worst case happened or not is totally immaterial. I personally think that Neil should do the right thing and refund that extra fee.

Edited by The Mentalist

Charging for a service regardless of what type of service but then not providing that service is very wrong anyway you look at it (or try to paint it) I do hope that is not what actually happened here.

Ken

Rico try and understand it is one thing to openly support Neil (Many members of this board still do) but it is a totally different story when you start being condescending to members who express genuine grievances.

Please try and keep that under control from now on.

Ken

TTK - got kicked out of RWI long time ago. people got fed up with his [censored], the way he treats his customers, his delays, excuses and his arrogance.

what goes around comes around. heared that before ?

is it coincidence that people everywhere get tired of your behaviour ? thanks god i have never bought from you.

in my opinion....you should have been booted long time ago !

now go, enjoy your millions and your retirement.

good luck

Sometimes it takes a while for people to come to there senses.....and move on.... B)

Hear here! As I said, the man himself can't read what is being said here any more, so expressing gripes in this forum is simply shouting at the wind - a point that maybe you should be stressing Ken. I would like to know what benefits you think can be derived from permitting more impotent shouting from members about him behind his back?

IMHO, this thread does have some value here at this point. The value is to those who did participate in these group buys but did not receive their watch yet. It certainly looks like folks are being taken care of one by on as I would expect with Neil. As many have said I have never regarded him as a scammer. He just has a different business style. Making negative comments based on opinion rather than fact is a little silly since he can't read it and you are not saving forum members since he does not sell here. But keeping other forum members up to date on the status and outcome is relevant.

Hear here! As I said, the man himself can't read what is being said here any more, so expressing gripes in this forum is simply shouting at the wind - a point that maybe you should be stressing Ken. I would like to know what benefits you think can be derived from permitting more impotent shouting from members about him behind his back?

Of course he still reads everything that is posted here... :D In fact I would be willing to bet on that!

And members on the last one forum where he still sells also read here so it's imperative that at least they get informed/warned.

And your argument that the watch didn't get seized is total b.s. Try telling your car insurance that you want last year's rates back since you didn't have any accidents and therefore they didn't incurr any costs from you.

A scam can take many different forms and charging extra for UK routing and then sending direct IS A SCAM! Or did TTK refund the extra money that he made that way????

LH

Edited by loewenheart

A. No.

Q. Ultimately, what would have been different about the end result from your point of view?

A. None.

That's the gamble with insurance! Maybe next time you should save on the insurance, go to one of the other 'trusted' dealers and buy their waterproofing service with the saving (notwithstanding the watch will be more expensive to begin with).

Ordering from another dealer sending direct is fine, except I don't want my name and address associated with importing these goods. I buy lots of stuff from overseas and don't want Customs to have my address on a blacklist delaying all my imports. That's why I paid the extra money for it to be routed through another address, and why I'm a bit annoyed that it wasn't done. Sure, it came through OK in the end but that was down to luck on TTK's end. If I wanted to gamble on that luck, I would have saved on the re-routing costs (which was about a third of the watch's price).

I know the other dealers would resend a seized watch, but it was about more than just the inconvenience during this order.

So if you went into the restaurant and ordered some food, and wanted it to come a certain way and paid 33% extra for that, then it arrived three hours later, and not the way you ordered it, I suppose it would be your fault and not the restaurant's fault.

With all due respect, TTK's communication hasn't been great so far. I just can't be bothered to go through the whole hassle again. I'd rather just post the information her, not as slander, but as actual information to benefit everyone. I don't think I have been unreasonably negative about the whole thing.

I should now add that I have been in touch with TTK over at Repgeeks and he has explained the situation, that in fact the routing was unnecessary and that the credit is waiting for me for another order and has been all along. He did in fact try to explain this to me through PM before I ordered but I must have misunderstood his explanation. I'm satisfied with the outcome.

Rico it is no secret that TTK has been banned, I am also sure I have pointed that out along the way somewhere.

However the members posting here are breaking no rules, so what would you have us do?

Stop them from saying their bit?

Sound like censorship to you??

Ken

Ken, I think you've missed musicale's post further up - this is a resolved issue.

Yes, if you live in the UK, routing via the UK is unnecessary :p

If folk have any outstanding issues from the group buy, then it is true that there is no point harping on about them here. Sign up at repgeeks, then you are a repgeeks member and you can discuss any outstanding issues and PM there. I have total confidence that you will be taken care of.

I should now add that I have been in touch with TTK over at Repgeeks and he has explained the situation, that in fact the routing was unnecessary and that the credit is waiting for me for another order and has been all along. He did in fact try to explain this to me through PM before I ordered but I must have misunderstood his explanation. I'm satisfied with the outcome.

That sounds very fair. Good on Neil. Goes to show that a bit of communication and trust go a long way.