When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Dissertation - PHD Studies

phdguy

Hi All

I have been a member for some time now - over 12 months (as another user) and I would like to let you all know that the reason for me being here is for my PHD paper on the "other economy" (underground / illegal economy). I will be finishing the paper off and will be submitted for final evaluation in two weeks.

I would say...very interesting group !

I would venture to say that the majority of the members here will find this a quite disturbing! This community exists and thrives because it remains under the radar.

Anything that draws attention to our group, such as this, is unwanted!! Members are discouraged from posting pics of reps on GEN forums, from bringing their watches to AD's and even to linking to other websites in order to maintain a low profile.

The fact that you mascaraded as a watch enthusiast for a year for your own gain IMO is despicable.

Don't expect any kudos here...

Don't expect any kudos here...

I'm afraid I agree 100%.

One of the first things one is taught when writing a dissertation or thesis (as it was in my case), is not to show your hand to your subject too soon. You'll soon see them clam up, and a vital source of information will be withdrawn to you.

-- Mine in part, was on Nazi Cinema...so you can imagine --

That is simply impossible in a forum whose purpose is to talk, but Phdguy, you shouldn't have delurked publicly. Instead, you should've approached a Mod, told them of your intentions, and asked privately if one or two members would like to speak to you.

No matter if we all know, in the back of our minds, that we are being observed by many "types" of people, no one likes being under a microscope.

EDIT: Just re-read the post. You were another "user"? Oh dear. That contravenes forum rules, at that.

And to think, if you had asked me nicely, I would've told you all about camel

Hi All

I have been a member for some time now - over 12 months (as another user) and I would like to let you all know that the reason for me being here is for my PHD paper on the "other economy" (underground / illegal economy). I will be finishing the paper off and will be submitted for final evaluation in two weeks.

I would say...very interesting group !

Hello,

Thanks for shedding even more light upon this underground society. Crazy. Instead of grading your paper I betcha your professor will be looking to get himself a brand new Rolex on the cheap!!!!!!!!!!

durr durr who possibly could think that is a smart idea??

hurr hurr hurr

dumb

EDIT: Just re-read the post. You were another "user"? Oh dear. That contravenes forum rules, at that.

Only if you're two at the same time. You too were a different user, remember. ;)

As long as this guy doesn't out us, I see no harm in his Thesis. We're not a secret community, I'm afraid.

I will put the link, it will be good reading.

Absolutely nothing bad to say...again, please be reassured. I now feel very bad that i started this although I know it is the right thing to let you guys know. Although its about the underground economy with focus on BEHAVIOUR, it makes no mention of products, websites...this is standard process. All numbers / info are statistics.

I AM REALLY SORRY for causing a stir for some members. Rest assured no reference to people, website, products, countries etc will be made.

I like this community and in fact will continue on being part of it (IF THAT IS ACCEPTABLE).