When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Submariner

Mickey Padge

I really love modern Rolex, the Sub more than most ^_^

Have a look at these photos and please let me know what you think. Please excuse my photo skills and hairy wrist! :lol::p

67584161ox7.th.jpg43256201xi1.th.jpg

99086930qo4.th.jpg97417861yv0.th.jpg

71835473wq3.th.jpg

I am really pleased with this Sub, I think it is pretty much as good as it gets....

I wish I could say I was responsible for modifying it, but alas I only paid for the parts, can you tell what it was that I purchased, and what parts were used/mods were done? It took a while to get it all together, but I think it was worth it in the end B)

Any comments/thoughts most welcome.

Cheers! :D

Mickey -- For the most part, my Rolex interests lie in vintage models, so take this with a grain of salt...........but your watch looks correct to me. Without seeing what you started with, I cannot itemize what you had replaced or modded, but if I saw this watch worn by someone (credible) on the street, it would certainly fool me & I suspect any average Rolex owner.

Wear it well.

Mickey -- For the most part, my Rolex interests lie in vintage models, so take this with a grain of salt...........but your watch looks correct to me. Without seeing what you started with, I cannot itemize what you had replaced or modded, but if I saw this watch worn by someone (credible) on the street, it would certainly fool me & I suspect any average Rolex owner.

Wear it well.

Thanks freddy, I used to have some sweet vintage MBW Rolex's, modded and all, but the appeal just withered away for me after a while, albeit a long while...

The modern watches just have a lasting hold over me ^_^

Is it a gen dial with the flat S in Submariner. That would make it a TW Best/MBW case, right? Looks very nice.

Bingo we have a winner! B)

TW best case I think, yes. I am finding it really hard to find any pictures of a flat "S" Sub, can anyone shed some light on that for me please? I like the flat "S" font myself, it reminds me of the flat "S" from star wars :p

Amazing. Gen dial really makes a difference.

Actually I've seen those "flat S" dials on newer and older models. Didn't all red Subs have flat "S"?

I doubt they were only produced at some certain time period.

You found a SEL version. There are brand new 16610's (well at least dated from 2006) with flat S. It's definitely accurate.

It's the similar variation as SWISS, SWISS ' MADE & SWISSMADE at 6'o'clock, and those different II's on GMT's. Absolutely no logic there.