When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brazil V Australia

cornerstone

Well, it depends on whether or not Brazil plays properly this time. I mean they'll win, but it could be a crappy 1-0.

Yeah, I agree.

The media has given Brazil a lot of analysis, but at this stage of the competition you only have to get out of the group. If you win - who remembers the group stages? And those that do remember, recall that a lot of big teams start out with a whimper and get into their stride as they play together more.

Australia have struggled to score in matches - they have, but not without a big faff. Faffing is not the stuff that victories over Brazil are made of.

Will be interested to know who starts in goal for Australia. And at some point it would be nice if Harry Kewell actually started playing up to his 'wunderkid' reputation he still trades on.

People have been bitching about Ronaldo - me included. That is normally a sure sign that he will score.

And Japan - Croatia to come first. Frankly - a draw would work quite well for me ;)

Well as the Aussies are the only team proficient in shirtfronting I say we will go all the way :yeah:

Ken :black_eye:

Now that's some serious AFL lingo! :lol:

Maybe what the Australian team should do is put two guys in white overcoats and hats either side of the Brazilian goal - then they'll show them some serious football!! :lol::lol::lol:

Croatia just missed a penalty I believe; only caught the replay.

Japan 0 - Croatia 0

A dream result for us 'Auzzurri' (This name just occurred to me, and I'm quite pleased with it :lol: )

It means that Australia can lose against Brazil and only need a draw with Croatia to go through.

Of course the Croatia game will be an epic - more so if they have to win. But still, only needing a draw is always a massive advantage :thumbsupsmileyanim:

In many respects this result is more important than the Australia - Brazil one (unless Australia win!), because Croatia dropped two points.

Good work :thumbsupsmileyanim:

On a more practical note, I went out and bought loads of junk food for the game, but I've already eaten it...extra beer will have to suffice.

If work complain tomorrow - I'll sue their ass! :evil2: (read: meekly apologise)

:lol:

I don't care for the result as long as Ronaldinho and Kaka get 3 each, assisting each other on their goals - just for my Fantasy League team of course :lol:

If the game ends 6-6 I don't care as long as it was a great game to watch :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Things not looking too shabby at the moment - of course, no goals...

An intriguing angle is that although a point for a draw 'feels good' for both teams, it's kind of meaningless - I wonder if it's still a draw near the end whether either team will just throw caution to the wind to get the 3 points.

Just a [censored] of a referee. Australia have barely put the ball high into the box without him blowing the whistle. Fall over you get a free kick. You know the drill...

... apart from there is an awful lot of shirt-pulling going on ...

I'm aware the Brazilians love to dive, but Oz should really know not to give the ref any justification, either.

shirting tugging is taught at a very young age, its considered standard play now, although FIFA have tried to crack down on it, but these little glitches in the game are too often overseen. But everyone does it...

Doesn't make it alright, though. Still, the best reffing so far was the Ghana/Czech game. There was no fooling him, so both teams just played football.

Oh bollocks.

Pre-match bravado about staying up until 4am met with distinctive lack of enthusiasm come getting up time :lol:

Still, a loss was not really much different to a draw - still need a draw from the Croatia game.

Thought Australia played really well - just missed that class that would give them a killer touch.

Kewell fluffed several great chances - was pleased to see that he didn't start.

Next stop Croatia! :)

can't wait untill thursday...

we have to win against Australia to qualify....we played a poor game against Japan...

however, yesterday didn't manage to watch the game Bra-Aus because i was on the highway driving...but heard good things about Australia...seems that they are not a bad team...