When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Letter to the Members

Guest TTK

Mezzanine,

I beleive some of your comments are inappropriate at this time, and most of your last post is Off Topic to this discussion.

If you desire to engage the admin in discussion of their ability to "control" this place, maybe another thread on this matter is where you need to be.

If however, you wish to make a long distance diagnosis, of a members medical problems, i'm sure there are many other arenas for such a discussion. And I'm sure the medical profession would be delighted with your input into this long range diagnostic ability. They have failed to come to grips with this ability for many years!

Offshore

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Totally understood, Offshore. I will cease from posting in this thread at this time. For the record, I have never purchased, inquired, or communicated with TTK at any point during my stay here. I've probably conservatively conducted over 30 transactions here and on RWI and I don't think you would find someone who would say that I dealt with them in anything other than a professional manner which exhibited personal, business, and moral integrity. There are many dealers here for which that description would also apply.

Take care not to under-estimate the intelligence of the user base, that's all I ask.

Interesting that this is considered "off-topic" to the discussion. Perhaps in closing the admins could outline their own perceptions of how TTK has benefitted the forum over the last year through these types of episodes.

"Quiet down over there"

Don't think you guys are inspiring any faith in your membership, but that's your prerogative, it's the type of decision that led to the departure of The Zigmeister, whose value to this place eclipses everyone here by a significant margin. I hope that everything goes more quietly under the rug this time, and whatever arrangement it is that keeps Neil getting business through this place can remain in tact.

For a forum that supposedly is FOR the membership and seeks transparency about shady practices in the rep world. For the admins shut down this type of thread because of an expression of skepticism about whether members are being fully protected, is indeed a significant moment.

You know what? I just realized that my comments are ultimately irrelevant. If Neil isn't going to be selling any more reps, there is no problem. I am sure that he will no longer continue to sell on RWG due to the condition that has caused the latest round of problems and delays. His ability to continue his watch selling practices into the future was what was ultimately at issue, as what is done is already done. As a result, even if there were any truth to my earlier comments, it wouldn't matter as far as protecting future RWG memebers in the future.

There's no need for my skepticism regardless of the veracity of the story being outlined by TTK.

@Mezzanine.......I respect your POV and certainly wouldn't call you a monster on account of it.....however if as you say there is a stereotypical factor involved in it.....then that factor is diabetes....an unpredictable wasting illness which manifests itself in many forms.....slowly and rapidly.........it affects almost every part of the body.....from nerve endings....digestion....eyesight......to heart conditions....to destruction of your immune system. you can't legislate for what will happen next...allied to the fact that the longer you have it and the older you become.....the more it affects you…..as for skepticism……I respect your opinion……but believe me……I never mock health…….I have plenty of evidence that will dispel any ism that people care to levy.

Now you mention previous situations......YOUR perception of those previous situations is more than likely influenced by this current situation of mine and this current thread.....however be under no illusion.....the last GB I was involved in last year.....was not affected by my health in any way shape or form......it was affected by His Royal Majesty's Thai Government stepping in to exercise their LEGAL right to seize and impound 11 members items that I dispatched according to my contractual obligation with said parties........NOW.......in those instances I have no LEGAL responsibility to offer either compensation.....by way of refund or replacement ....for those ILLEGAL items that were seized......I assume a MORAL responsibility to do so......at MY discretion....members here seem to be under the illusion that ALL dealers WILL replace their item NO QUESTIONS ASKED.....and ABSOLVE them of ANY risk or liability in these illegal transactions.....that is not the case........you can't have ONE rule for some and ANOTHER rule for others........for example.......when I ( and other dealers I've spoken with agree on this ).......when I see a member post an item for sale with the disclaimer that " I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CUSTOMS SEIZURE OR LOSS".......that's a double standard.....one rule for dealers.....one rule for ME.

The members whose items were seized last year......11x members.....15x items.......mostly all MBK items......have with the exception of 3x members received replacement items.....sssurfer is one member who was due to receive replacement items and I advised him that a friend would be carrying them home for me......as I made it clear that I wouldn't put these items in the mail system again...( friend didn't go home ...decided to go to The Philippines instead).....so I elected to wait until Narikaa came out and give them to him....which I duly did .....and Narikaa took them home.....( Fasttap and Nelly will confirm.....BTW Marco...Fasttap is wearing the one that was allocated to YOU.....).......at that point Marco had elected to go public with his grievance which I understand however......let me say that he has NOT been waiting 7 months for me to send his items......HIS items were sent last August or so.....what he's been waiting on for is MY items to be sent to him........YES....MY items.......the ones that I PAID FOR........not that he paid for.....the ones he PAID FOR.....were seized......and as I have no LEGAL responsibility to replace those items.......I would be entitled to tell him to contact Thai Customs to enquire after his items......but I didn't....I told him that I would ASSUME ALL LIABILITY and replace his items...( hardly the act of a 'scammer'.....no...?)........which I will do.....however as I have no means to ship them to him at present......and given that they are MY ITEMS.....BOUGHT AND PAID FOR BY ME.......I won't put them in the mail system again.....and if that doesn't suit him.....then go speak to Thai Customs.

SamTgg........when you send me the remaining balance of 100 GBP for that AP End of Days that was also seized.....and for which you DID NOT SEND ME FULL PAYMENT FOR......at that point I will implement MY MORAL OBLIGATION to replace .....I WILL NOT COMPOUND MY LOSSES BY SENDING YOU A 275 GBP ITEM THAT YOU ONLY PAID 175 GBP for.....!

The problem with these forums is that there are many liars such as Craytonic…..the Mendotas and the Samtgg's......who don't post lies....but don't post the truth ....( if ANY of these guys wish to deny that they are LIARS.....I will happily welcome their denial and furnish the evidence that shows they are liars...).. and people who think that they can participate in this illegal business without consequences......they think that there is no RISK involved......and that under all and every circumstance they should be absolved of any risk or liability……..you know what……when you gamble……sometimes you lose….. there are risks involved......I’m conscious of them.....everything from authorities and legal ramifications.....to seizure of items which I will have to bear the cost of....!

I had a similar occurrence in December 2005……with Planet Oceans……Thai Postal and Customs Inspectors had a purge that month……and I lost 17x PO’s…to Thai Customs…EVERY SINGLE MEMBER RECEIVED their PO…..it cost ME $4000+ from MY OWN POCKET to do so…..BUT I MADE SURE EVERY RECEIVED THEIR ITEM………if you don’t believe me ask those involved or the senior members of TRC…….OF THE 17X MEMBERS ……..ONLY ONE MEMBER THANKED ME…….davidws……thank you for that David….

I've been on the forums for nearly 8 years now.........I get involved in a lot of flame wars.....mostly about communication....the same way that other dealers get criticized for poor quality products....which I rarely get……...over that period I have dealt with THOUSANDS of customers.........most of them happy......some of them not.....but because I'm outspoken and generally win any debate regarding my service.....people take a dislike to me....and harbor ill will which manifests itself as soon as someone posts a negative comment....it's human nature.....!

Someone made a stupid comment elsewhere that I NEVER REFUND.......which is absurd.....there are many members here whom I've refunded.....especially in the Paypal days....….less so nowadays because they choose another item....!.

However…..that’s the past and of no import……I have health issues…….will I lie down to them…..NO F’N WAY……just as I won’t lie down to the LIARS and idiots that want to rant at me…and brand me a scammer…SCAMMERS do NOT replace $450 MBK items from their own pocket…..!

Now unfortunately I have to retire and carry out my routine to prevent this from getting worse…..I’ve already spent too much time on this…!

@Vmena……thank you for the words of encouragement…..I’m a well informed individual and am aware of the long term prognosis of glaucoma and blepharitis…..the complicating factor in my instance is my weakened immune system….but it’s always comforting to hear of others positive experience.

Edited by TTK

"Quiet down over there"

Not at all, just "over here"

As suggested, would love to respond in another thread.

it's the type of decision that led to the departure of Ziggy,

Well, I note that he has posted as recently as today, so just maybe we were able to assuage his concerns, just as we regularly do...for all members who ask!

shut down this type of thread because of an expression of skepticism about whether members are being fully protected, is indeed a significant moment.

Don't see that it is "shut down", just asking that it be taken to another thread!

You know what? I just realized that my comments are ultimately irrelevant. If Neil isn't going to be selling any more reps, there is no problem. I am sure that he will no longer continue to sell on RWG due to the condition that has caused the latest round of problems and delays. His ability to continue his watch selling practices into the future was what was ultimately at issue, as what is done is already done. As a result, even if there were any truth to my earlier comments, it wouldn't matter as far as protecting future RWG memebers in the future.

It is this sort of comment, that should be seen as irrelevant! You make far too many assumptions!

Please take your argument/grievance... whatever....elsewhere, and it will be dealt with.

However please don't put words in to anyones' mouths.

We have here someone attempting to explain reasons for a lack of performance.

I don't belive it is beholdant of the membership, to denigrate that person, specifically with regard to the issues involved.

Please air any grievances away from this thread.

Offshore

@Offshore....I've always found that the best way to dispel skepticims is to furnish evidence....not that I'm obliged to....but I wlll....!

4 hourly routine......now the Optrex eyebath isn't a problem....soothing actually......but the GEL....that's the fukker......4hours for that film to dissolve across your eyeballs....imagine running Vaseline across your eyes and then trying to blink it away..followed by eye drops and then rest...preferably in a darkened room...!

Some of you may see this is as "och he's got a wee eye infection"....nothing could be further from the truth....if any of you have ever had a welding flash burn to the eyes....you WILL KNOW what I am talking about......I look like Charlie Chan as I am typing this.......!

@Mezzanine......I didn't post this for naysayers such as you to rant......I posted it for information purposes...to offer explanation....and ask members to send me a contact tel #....2x of which already have...and are quite happy with what I offered as an alternative.....!

As for me removing myself from sales...I'll make those decisions....not you......just as I make all my decisions....not YOU......if I find that tomorrow I make a recovery ( miraculous or not ).....I'll make the decisions as to whether I'll retire from sales...ill health or otherwise.....not YOU.

post-288-1205065674_thumb.jpg

Neil, I didn't imagine the issues you were coming across.

I feel very sorry to hear that and sincerely hope all will be better as soon as possible.

It must be a pain in the as* indeed.

@All: if there is one attitude to have in such circumstances it is for sure not to flame Neil but wish him to be healthy and the sooner the best.

Warm regards,

Stephane

Neil, sorry to hear of the trouble you are going through. I tried to get involved in the group buy but for some reason my financial institution would not allow it.

As far as health concerns that is the most important. A very close friend of mine is going through the same thing as you at this time, and I can attest that it is a byatch of a time.

4 years ago I had severe headaches and dizziness out of the blue. Come to find out I had a tumor attatched to my cerrebellum. After the diagnosis everything else in my life became unimportant. The first mode of business was to get the damn thing removed and get back to caring for my family....It was only with prayer and the help of others that I was able to do so.......I am a liquor salesman and not one person was screaming for their bottle of vodka they ordered with me the day I went down...in times like these we need well wishers and our own selfish feelings to go away...

I truly believe you will all get your watches from TTK. Maybe not as fast as you like, but they wil get there.

Get better

Natron

What most surprises me in all of these posts is the belief that some have that -

a. This is some kind of normal business we are dealing with here, it's not, in many countries it is completely illegal both for the seller and the purchaser and therefore when you make ANY transaction it's a RISK.

b. This board is here to protect members, it's NOT. It's a forum for giving us a way to make informed purchases thus reducing the risks involved in these transations, nothing more, nothing less.

As for Neil as a dealer, it has been said many times on this and the other boards first choose your dealer, then choose your watch. I too have watches outstanding from the shipment that was originally confiscated by the Thai customs 7 months ago, I received the PP Naultilus that was outstanding a week ago and still have one outstanding. Despite this my past transactions have led me to believe that it too will eventually come through, it takes time yes, but I have 20 odd other watches I can wear in the meantime so it's not exactly killing me.

I also got stung by the Crippler affair, however I refuse to engage in the continual hand wringing that goes on concerning that, I think people forget that without this and other forums, MOST transactions would end in the same painful experience.

And before anyone flames me, I am not Neil's boy toy or some other such juvenile rubbish. I recognise him for what he is, a watch afficienado who was deaing with reps way before any of us even knew they existed. Yes he can somewhat caustic in his responses, yes he leans towards the eccentric and yes it does take a certain degree of patience to deal with him but so far as my dealings are concerned he has always kept his end of the bargain and to me that means a lot.

Neil, I do hope you get better soon, not only have you allowed me to collect some wonderful watches, but part of the reason this forum is so damn addictive is the wonderful mixture of calm debate and passionate discourse that essentially keeps this forum alive and well, without you I fear it would be much diminished.

Neil-

I do hope for a speedy recovery on your end.

On the issue of protecting the membership I find that one particularly galling. This forum has sacrificed all kinds of revenue calling out scams and questionable practices. The level of posting by some dealers is substantially less on this forum verus others for exactly that reason. And on Ziggy, you could not be more wrong. This is the only forum that has forced questionable modders off the forum. And as a result this is the only one where Ziggy will post. As for why he posts less than he used to that is once again a function of the membership. Whenever he has negative things to say about other work he is attacked. He long since concluded it is not worth it.

Neil-

I do hope for a speedy recovery on your end.

On the issue of protecting the membership I find that one particularly galling. This forum has sacrificed all kinds of revenue calling out scams and questionable practices. The level of posting by some dealers is substantially less on this forum verus others for exactly that reason. And on The Zigmeister, you could not be more wrong. This is the only forum that has forced questionable modders off the forum. And as a result this is the only one where The Zigmeister will post. As for why he posts less than he used to that is once again a function of the membership. Whenever he has negative things to say about other work he is attacked. He long since concluded it is not worth it.

Kruzer,

I am was in no way implying that the forum doesn't work hard to protect the members, I know it does. I was trying to make a point about personal responsibility, it's not the forums fault if something goes wrong with a transaction, people should take it as a lesson learnt and move on. This was very evident when people were calling on the moderators to "do something" about the Crippler fiasco, implying that these forums and the moderators involved had given some kind of implicit guarantee when allowing someone to sell here.

Yes Ive known for a long time about his other symptoms

He was always affected by garlic and crucifixes

Its a shame that the sunlight is now getting to him

;-)

@HikeUSA I note your 'gay' allegations, camp avatars, and vicious agenda.....are you perchance Elton John????

@TTK ....wheres my watch you barstaard

Neil,

Please take care of yourself. Without your eyesight, how are you supposed to look at all those pretty girls.

I hope that the few bad seeds that are posting here understand that you are human and circumstances come about all the time, its how things are eventually handled that show the true measure of a man. You could have said to everyone they were getting a refund and the group buy was done but you are still moving forward and fulfilling ALL orders.

You are a stand-up guy and I hope that you feel better, soon. Like I said, summer is coming and those "bunnies" are dying to get noticed. :)