When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strap Opinion

Victoria

Strap Opinion  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should Vic Buy This Strap For Her SFSO?

• Unusual but elegant, buy it
    • Too gaudy, pass

Not sure what colour yours is, but if it's a white one, then it would definitely suit it!

b16a2, you disappoint me!

Just kidding. :p ...I truly appreciate the reply, especially given your Breitling expertise.

Well, I suppose not everyone clicks on the Wristcheck threads (for shame, it's the best series on RWG). Here it is, on a Banda strap which Omega pointed the forum to, in this Monday's Wristies.

breitlingsfsoemporioarmzg7.jpg

P.S.: Don't worry. I won't be posting these kinds of threads all the time, for the Fish (or any other non-PAM watch). E.g., if I buy a Big Pilot, I already know the strap will be black. :)

To make this thread talking point-worthy, let me just say that I'm disappointed with the strap selections for the Fish. Either men stick to the OEM straps, or just the SS bracelet.

All this weekend I was perusing Fleabay and ScAmazon, and found practically nothing for the SFSO. Just some pitiful Hadley-Romas, and Bob straps, of which I have the tan one coming.

If you have tips, please let me know!

I've owned them all and the white is the nicest in my humble opinion, Great taste Victoria as usual.

Can't believe I doubted the mighty Pugwash :D

Like others have said if your Steelfish is white, then the strap would work just fine.

I like this rep strap on it, looks pretty good on my seawolf too.

IMG_3736.jpg

Vic,

Go for it!! suits your skin! ( and SFSO) :)

Thanks! If you mean complexion, I'm sure you've all noticed that lighting and other factors change my skin tone (I manipulate it at times). I'm embarrassed when I don't have a tan, as I hate pinky translucent whiteness. Looks like a piggy. :(

If you mean skin texture, that's another story!

@FxrAndy/Hyster: Both of you wear that same strap, which I adore -- is it REALLY a rep strap? This is truly the best rep watch out there: it's so well-reproduced.

@Andreww: Much appreciated, all the same! I would never dishonour certain marques, like Panerai. Remember when I dissed that pink strap I bought? Err, if that made sense.

Don't like it. I'm a purist and wouldn't put anything that wasn't remotely accurate to a gen strap on my Breits. Probably because I think that of all watchmakers, Breitling is probably the finest strapmaker there is. Why try something so inferior when the bar has already been set so high. Sorry Vic, just my opinion :p

Don't like it. I'm a purist and wouldn't put anything that wasn't remotely accurate to a gen strap on my Breits. Probably because I think that of all watchmakers, Breitling is probably the finest strapmaker there is. Why try something so inferior when the bar has already been set so high. Sorry Vic, just my opinion :p

I agree. I think Breits must look like Breits while Pannies must look like Pannies. :) Don't like that strap. Sorry, Vic.

I agree. I think Breits must look like Breits while Pannies must look like Pannies. :) Don't like that strap. Sorry, Vic.

Doh! :close_tema:

Forgot to update last night. Due to the overwhelmingly positive replies, Ptolomeo, I bought it. :p

BUT, I appreciate the point-de-vue. If I get it, and agree with you and Andreww, it won't be worn!