When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

T-19 has nothing on me - Kenzo 3646 with all the trimmings

Watchmeister

Looking good! The bezel on the WM case is what really sets it apart, it is truly awesome. The project looks great, the subtle ageing on the hands / dial really compliments the movement - not over-the-top, which is always good to see! I've been looking into getting a 1:1 engraved caseback made, but I think this would be too expensive - if the idea ever comes to life I'll let you know, although the non-branded case is probably a better option.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good! The bezel on the WM case is what really sets it apart, it is truly awesome. The project looks great, the subtle ageing on the hands / dial really compliments the movement - not over-the-top, which is always good to see! I've been looking into getting a 1:1 engraved caseback made, but I think this would be too expensive - if the idea ever comes to life I'll let you know, although the non-branded case is probably a better option.

Look how a proper 1:1 3646 is made and you will see that Wm case is not that accurate ;)

1003646web-1.jpg

i think a 1:1 case is not from a rep

the gen 3646 cases is more different from version to version

in the last time ww2 is the work from perfect watches not more...

cases,dials,straps not more 100% same design...

here my small collection from 3646 watches selfmade and gens...

WiederbelichtungvonGrennderungPI-2.jpg

WiederbelichtungvonGrennderungPI-4.jpg

WiederbelichtungvonGrennderungPI-3.jpg

It says 616 on the top plate ;)

VDBroucke-

Holy cow! That is a fabulous collection. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Tootall-

The watch is not with me and I am headed out of town for a couple of weeks but I will look when I get back. I am anything but an expert and so I relied on the wonderful folks around here for help. That is what makes RWG so great.

okay guys enlighten me .... :rolleyes:

the case that V posted is from a paneristi - as far as i know he made only one case and it was damn expensive ....

and strangely no paneristi claims that he build a fake watch ?

so anyway ;)

i have this case :

SNV86825.jpg

it looks with my noob-panerai eye's not so nice like the case from kenzo (esp. the bezel).

anybody know if there are different rep cases - is the davidsen case different ?

thanks !!

Frank

DSN is not 100% accurate...

bezel is to small but the bezel from cali 3646 is smaller -the sandwich3646

but i think DSN is in the moment the best vintage repdealer for parts and later modded self individuell

WM case have a bad screwcrown(sensible working)

bigger caseback is not in the marked???

selfmade!

DSN is not 100% accurate...

bezel is to small but the bezel from cali 3646 is smaller -the sandwich3646

but i think DSN is in the moment the best vintage repdealer for parts and later modded self individuell

WM case have a bad screwcrown(sensible working)

bigger caseback is not in the marked???

selfmade!

ahhh super !!!

thanks !

Frank

I hope you understood from the photos that the way the original 3646 was made is COMPLETELY different than any modern watch rep or gen.

The bezel is screwing in the caseback and the case is just the surround piece. It's amazing !!

The guy who made the case has not been accused of building a fake because he is not. There wouldn't be any Panerai markings anywhere and with a Cali dial it will be a proper homage. ;)

I have been talking to Kevin over at risti who is doing the case project and they are spectacular. They are also expensive and would IMHO only make economic sense with a vintage movement. The cases should be offered in the near future. He is also working on a dial and hands but he had no time frame and the cases have taken more than 2 years. He is having 20-30 made and he will have some extra. I will mention it in the forum when they are finished for those who are interested.