When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ive done it

BreatheDeep

Well i have taken the plunge.

Today i placed my order and sent off the funds.

I ordered a tag link chrono in blue face,rolex datejust TT with Mop face and diamond hour markers.

I still cant believe i have just sent an envelope full of cash to a person i have neither seen or heard.

They come highly recommended here and by personal recommendation so i have no doubts it will all be ok,but still it seems like lunacy to do this

:wacko:

The bug is biting hard, ihave 14 days to wait and already i am making a new list of the next watches i want.

The Omega classic seamaster is a calling me now!!

I just cant wait to get these watches on my wrist.

Must go now off to watch the letterbox :lol: :lol:

You actually put cash into an envelope?

Why didn't you use wire transfer?

I was asked to do it this way and sent it insured mail,the dealer i used is highly praised on this board so i took the plunge.

If it doesnt work then i chalk it up to experience and try a different way.

I have no doubts this will be ok.

UKmerc,

Cash in an envelope is very unsafe. I wuold recommend you not do this again and transfer your funds via wire in the future.

I am not saying the dealer/collector will screw you over, but a thick envelope full of can can be quite tempting to the many hands it will pass through before it get to the dealer.

Hoping all works out for you!

Never herd of such a thing. Please put some cash in the mail to me too.

I Presumed this is how it happened i can find no trace,using the search function,how previous orders with this dealer were payed..

The Dealer i chose to use is Precious Time,as i am in the Uk,and this is how he asked me to pay.

All my emails and pm's were answered promptly and courteously and he has given me no reason not to trust him.

Do other people in the Uk pay PT in a different way?

UKmerc,

Cash in an envelope is very unsafe. I wuold recommend you not do this again and transfer your funds via wire in the future.

I am not saying the dealer/collector will screw you over, but a thick envelope full of can can be quite tempting to the many hands it will pass through before it get to the dealer.

Hoping all works out for you!

Ah i see where the misunderstanding is now,I didn;t literally put it in an envelope,It is inside a dvd case and in a jiffy bag.

PT asked me to do it this way.

Sorry my phrasing was not very good,i used the phrase as a description of how it felt to do it.

If you send it to me you dont need to use the DVD case, im sure PT will be fine with this

This is worrying me now.

I take it from all the posts this is not normal?

I am right in my assumption about PT am i not?

He's trustworthy, but the method is not. I've never heard of such a thing.

I wouldn't repeat this kind of transaction again, UkMerc. No other dealer requests such a type of payment. It's PayPal, Moneygramme, Moneybookers, and Western Union, 99% of the time -- even if in the same country.

This is worrying me now.

I take it from all the posts this is not normal?

Yes, PT is a good dealer, but this is a highly unusual and risky way to pay. It's very odd if he asked you to do it.

I read and reread all his reviews and came to the conclusion he could be trusted,but could find no trace of how people paid.

I asked him how he wanted paying and he said"Place the cash in a cd/dvd case with your email address and send it special delivery to this address............."

I took it as being his normal payment method.

I still feel he can be trusted with this,as he has given me no reason to worry.

Many thanks for your replies.

Funny, all my orders from Angus in the past have been paid with PP...

Strange indeed. But then, I'm not in the UK, either.

he bought from Precious Time not PureTime...

and I do agree it is a risky way to make the payment and strange for a dealer to ask to get paid this way...

and I do agree it is a risky way to make the payment and strange for a dealer to ask to get paid this way...

Okay, I'll say it.

- How do we know it was Precious Time who wrote those instructions?

- Where is this money being sent to?

- Does anyone have a land address of PT's they can compare (privately) with Uk?

I don't wish to discombobulate our colleague, but this is very weird. Inside a DVD case indeed. Too Le Carr

Okay, I'll say it.

- How do we know it was Precious Time who wrote those instructions?

the original poster wrote he got this request from PT...I suppose he was in contact or by PM or by e-mail with PT...only if his account was hijacked it could be that the money was sent to somebody else...

the original poster wrote he got this request from PT...I suppose he was in contact or by PM or by e-mail with PT...only if his account was hijacked it could be that the money was sent to somebody else...

My point.

How do we know it's not a rogue employee of PT, etc.

At this point, wouldn't it be grand if PT himself came to this thread, and re-assured people it was he, and all is well? Then, if someone else asks this question, we can point to the evidence from the horse's mouth, as it were.

@Seadweller: That's all that was needed by a member. Thanks for providing that info! :)

I have sent cash to PT by mail, no problem at all.

Thank you seadweller that has just put my now troubled mind to rest.

I sent it with no reservations at all,just thought it was a little secret agentish

Then with in a few posts in this thread i was panicking like hell.

Back to watching the letterbox now :lol: :lol:

OK, it sounds like everything will end up well for you, PT is one of the best.

Still, I would not send him cash again. I've never heard of a dealer asking fro cash through mail.

In the future ask for other pay instructions.

Very strange indeed.... I would NEVER send funds that way. Your just looking for a loss. I can't imagine why PT would request such a payment method. And he didn't even want you to wrap the CD case in a banana leaf?...Sounds HINKY to me. ;) I hope everything works out though.