When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fabulous Egiziano for Sale

Watchmeister

When you think about the tiny details that we are famous for being irked by, that aftermarket second hand on a US$100k watch would drive me nuts. At $200 I can deal with it, on a watch that expensive I seriously couldn't. Plus it could probably do with going to Cheiftang or Jakub for an AR upgrade (I keeed, I keeed :p )

Plus it could probably do with going to Cheiftang or Jakub for an AR upgrade (I keeed, I keeed :p )

And there would be a very happy Polish dude living his life out in Tahiti after having sold it.

I keed! I keed! :lol:

egizianoft0.jpg

Never having seen it worn, this came as a shock to me. WOW!

And that Angelus 8-day movement. :wub:

I bet you anything it doesn't sell for GBP 50,000 though. Half of Hollywood must have their agents bidding as we speak.

good price...

good investment

it will never fall in value.

but it will stay in Europe... at this HORRIBLE US dollar price it is not a steal for US collectors... 1 year ago would this watch sold in a minute. But how much is the exchange rate for GBP - USD today?

for me... i would go for a 6152 with angelus... not the Egeziano. A 6152 is wearable - Egeziano isn

but it will stay in Europe... at this HORRIBLE US dollar price it is not a steal for US collectors... 1 year ago would this watch sold in a minute. But how much is the exchange rate for GBP - USD today?

But T, don't you think that if you have the money to buy the Egiziano, you aren't the kind to care about exchange rates?

This isn't meant for one of us, who count our pennies, yes?

But T, don't you think that if you have the money to buy the Egiziano, you aren't the kind to care about exchange rates?

This isn't meant for one of us, who count our pennies, yes?

@V

50,000GBP are today nearly $100k... one year ago this was only $85k and 2 years ago only $70k

for $100k is it a risk deal for all US customers, because it is located in Europe... they would buy it only in a face to face deal. And not all business guys have the time for this prompt meeting... and Europe guys will be faster.

i know that all poeple ask from $120k and $140k for vintage PAM models... but in fact they will sold for much less... $60k and $80k are the going rates for 3646 and 6152 models... only at auctions like Christies etc. will sold for higher prices.

But i don

It'll be gone in a NY minute... Anyone that's a serious collector could retain this watch without a problem, and wouldn't blink an eye on the asking price... and would pay much more for this piece.

The seller is laughing all the way to the bank, as well as the buyer :D

They're only wantng to know either how well rounded their collection is, or how fast they can make their money back + 100%

how can they be sure its a gen? Everything in that watch looks crappy,imo it could be reasly get repped. and my i ask whats so special about that angelus movt.? Looks so plain like an asian movt. You all like the watch because its rare and expensive market value lol....

Angelus is a cool movement. Rare, and very expensive. Perhaps some of its appeal is the price and rarity, I don't know.

That's an interesting take on it. I know the RXW is good quality, has a company name that commands good resale value, and there is some form of warranty. Chances are it would be a superior watch in every respect. Also, how obvious is a fake of a $100K rare watch going to be?

I don't know. I can't see any benefit to a fake over an homage in this case.

In my mind, there is some kind of honesty and subject-matter respect in a rep. I

Edited by mastergod

I like the vintages but every time I consider building one, I always end up concluding that everyone who doesn't know what it is will think I'm doing some lame ironic "super-ugly @20 flea market find thing"and everyone who knows what it is won't believe I own it.