When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken WM9 Sub 16610

w.genzo

Genuine bracelets just absolutely make the watch with these Rollies. For some reason it seems that the bracelets are very hard for the rep manufacturers to get right. I wouldn't have really thought that until seeing the genuines in person.

I wanted to ask what your impression of the genuine bezel upgrade is? I'm thinking of getting a genuine bezel for my 1680, which is obviously much different, but I'm trying to get a feel for the value of the mod.

Hello Alex,

I think you have one of the best Subs out there :)

The Bezel assembly also the Glas assembly is like

the real Deal.

The gen Glass fitted the rep Gasket without a Problem

Also the Tube and crown has gen specs.

I'm thinking of buying one too.

Congrats to this nice Sub ;)

Guest porsche356a

Man oh MAN! That thing is absolutely fabulous! I've got to get one! BTW, Ive been kicking myself for missing the GEN 92350 from CBR-

@W.Genzo - Thanks for sharing that masterpiece.

@Tribal - You sir are an artist!

w.genzo - how is the datewheel done - is it an overlay? does it line up correctly in the window?

The dial is not genuine, it's a noobmariner one, so the overlay is the standard overlay of all submariner reps.

Actually this is a datewheel from an MBW Sub..

So, it sounds that the best sub exist now :D

Congrats on the project guys.

Cheers

Stephane

Hi Stephane you are right this Sub is accurate like the real Deal.

The gen Crystal makes a huge difference also the gen Bezel and the fantastic

Bracelet.

I think Alex can be proud of this fantastic Sub.

Man I need one too. ;)

Hi Stephane you are right this Sub is accurate like the real Deal.

The gen Crystal makes a huge difference also the gen Bezel and the fantastic

Bracelet.

I think Alex can be proud of this fantastic Sub.

Man I need one too. ;)

:o Tribal, ...don't push me too hard or I'll got for my 10th Sub :Jumpy:

foe example. I spent for mine:

WM9 --- 499$

+ Gen Crystal around 120$

+ Gen crown and tube 150$

+ Gen bezel and insert 250$

+ Noob dial 30$

+ Gen Extension 40$

Sure not cheep.......... :unsure:

Wile take in count the Gen parts are always gen parts that I can re-use on other project and downgrade this one in the future without problem.

And take in count that out of the box this WM9 jet relly good.

Is not necessary to change Crown and Bezel, I changed them only for my pleasure.....

BMW: You can sure have one cheaper and great 16610; changing only insert and crystal ( I hate that delivered laser-ed crown crystal ) .

foe example. I spent for mine:

WM9 --- 499$

+ Gen Crystal around 120$

+ Gen crown and tube 150$

+ Gen bezel and insert 250$

+ Noob dial 30$

+ Gen Extension 40$

Sure not cheep.......... :unsure:

Well, a thousand for a 99.9% is the expected price I would say.

So, that is a project I would consider but not more than that for sure.

Thanks Ros.

So... we finally found the best Sub. :D

Congrats for this beautiful piece... and don't think about the costs too much (at this point). Just enjoy!

Just like Ubi says: Building your own watch from the scratch: Priceless. :)

Well, I was lucky enought to find some good deals, and the weak dollar helped me a lot. (I'm in EU)

Stephane you're right about the second hand sub, maybe when I'll get bored one day, I'll re-sell the genuine parts for buying a gen. Not a big deal..

As rosnik said, this is more or less how much I paid..

Bezel and insert: 250$, I like it a lot, you can just replace the insert and have a pretty good bezel.

Crystal: 120$, a must, WM9 etched crown was terrible like the SSD's

Crown: 90$, not necessary as WM9's has the same genuine specs. As suggested by Tribal I kept the rep tube.

Noob dial: can't remember, but I'd say around 30$

Bracelet: 500$. It was a real bargain converted in EU.. You can use a rep bracelet + WM9 clasp and it looks great anyway.

More ore less 1500$, and 3 months spent on my hobby :)

Thanks you for the comments! :)

What is your impression on the difference between the genuine vs. the replica bracelet? It sounds like the rep bracelet that came with it originally is actually pretty good. I am glad that CBR listed that bracelet when I didn't have cash otherwise I would be even more jealous of the deal you got on it. And yes, the ability of the genuine parts to retain their value is significant. With the antiquorium auction, some rolex collectors are expecting a bit of a downshift in the market, in terms of the value of some of the pieces that may have got inflated in the recent market.

I love the fact that it's still going to take me another few months before I'll be able to even think of considering my two projects 'done'. It's a great way to be involved in the hobby because they take so bloody long sometimes.

The WM9 bracelet comes with incorrect solid mid links, but with a better clasp and coronet, compared to other reps.

I can only compare this gen with a noob or homer's bracelet, the only two I own..(forgetting the wrong MBW's)

Theese are the main differences I noticed:

On the genuine, the steel is harder. It's more difficult to scratch and also to polish/satin finish. I couldn't polish it as well as I aimed :(

The general look is more "plain" and "clean".

The colour is slighty lighter.

The sound is not the cheapy typical rep sound.

Feeling is different.

About the clasp, coronet shape is different, and pins have a little hole to avoid the scratches while sizing.

There are really good (and expensive, 200$+) aftermarket bracelets, really close to gen. But they come without any marks, and you'll have to add at least the clasp.

But side by side with a standard rep, a genuine bracelet makes a huge difference.

I have the same project going but without the gen bracelet and with the clark bezel. Why did you replace the hands and what is the difference between the mag on the gen crystal vs the stock?

I am getting a noob bracelet to use. What parts from the bracelet should i use from the noob and what parts should i use from the wm9?

Edited by kevin300z