When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Rarest Reps

Victoria

21534-2041.jpg

This Blancpain might be a rare replica, but its nothing special - unlike some of the other gems presented in this thread. Actually, while I have always lusted for a Blanc, this is far from something that would satisfy me even if it was released in the mainstream.

not sure what makes it "rare" freddy, but that A Lange and Sohne RG/Black watch is a BEAUTY

What makes it rare? Try to find another 1 exactly like it.

Lange only made a handful of gens like it as special orders & when I saw it available (very briefly) as a rep several years ago I grabbed 1.

To me this is THE ultimate dress watch. Understated, classy, elegant.... you name it.

Freddy, would you happen to have more pics of this beauty?

Even rarer than a white 5107 rep is another member who shares my appreciation of understated Pateks. This watch is often mistaken for a cheap Timex or Seiko at 1st glance. More than once, someone has asked for the time & then did a double-take when I turned my wrist in their direction, which is why I like it.

pp510720261.jpg

pp510720191.jpg

Here is another picture with the 5107 next to the even more understated (and rare - I have not seen another 1 of these reps in years) VC Patrimony

PatekPhilippe51071.jpg

At the risk of upsetting Ubiquitous, I would add the AP Nick Faldo to the list. Gone, but not forgotten.

Man, that is like pouring salt into a wound! :)

I think I kick myself the most over that one...

136_3626.jpg

124_2488.jpg

If there was one watch I miss the most, it would be that one. I wish they could re-introduce this one back into production.... :(

Even rarer than a white 5107 rep is another member who shares my appreciation of understated Pateks.

:D

These are the kind of watches that really make me drool - even though they wouldn't fit my mostly casual dressing style.

The JLC Master Control is also a watch that I've hardly seen a decent rep of. The one that comes the closest is hxxp://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1566, but unfortunately it's missing the blued seconds hands.

post-4081-1206562556_thumb.jpg

MBW AP RO Offshore with Swiss Made on the dial

correct titanium Breitling Avenger Seawolf

correct titanium Breitling Chrono Avenger

FM Conquistador with genuine ETA 2892

Solid 18k gold (yellow or rose) FM Casablanca with genuine ETA 2892 (thanks EL and Archibald :thumbsupsmileyanim)

PAM027/028 with ETA 2892-Power reserve movement

PAM029 with ETA 2893

PAM063 with ETA 2893

correct titanium PAM192

old case PAM188 with ETA 7753

old case PAM196 with ETA 7753

correct PAM212 with older dial and sapphire crystal

"closed factory" Omega 007 watch

(sorry to rub salt into some wounds - I was never around for this one) RWG Collaboration watch

Sorry for the repetition of others' choices as well !

FM Conquistador with genuine ETA 2892

Solid 18k gold (yellow or rose) FM Casablanca with genuine ETA 2892 (thanks EL and Archibald :thumbsupsmileyanim)

PAM027/028 with ETA 2892-Power reserve movement

PAM029 with ETA 2893

PAM063 with ETA 2893

correct titanium PAM192

old case PAM188 with ETA 7753

old case PAM196 with ETA 7753

4rth gen Eddie Lee Fiddy

DW 6263 with functioning mysery movement

You guys are making me feel great about my collection! :D

Hi,

sounds odd but...

I bought a lite HBB with the low beat 7750 (and it's "dummy" regulator) + bold datefont.

I have never crossed an other one here, only lite versions with the 28.8 k mvt.

Therefore I consider my version as rare (and having been some kind of draft ?) ^_^

This is quite a rare replica I belive... Quite funny watch, with a Poljot 3133 manual wind chronograph movement. It even has Rolex on the bridge! :lol:

An eBay find from some years ago. :)

Daytona_Poljot1.jpg

Daytona_Poljot2.jpg

Edited by chrgod

Nice. I love it when the rep factories "play jazz" and just make whatever they feel like.

Has anyone else seen the Glycine Airman rep's animated movement? I saw a photo of it a while back in an online catalog, I wish I had saved it. Probably just a case of the manufacturer using whatever movement was lying around in that approximate size, but it featured a randy rascal ravaging a wanton wench. Pretty hilarious on the back of a big businesslike pilot's watch.

Great topic, brings back alot of memories. I`ll add one more to all the great ones mentioned so far.

Vacheron Overseas from Sunshine, more than a few years ago.

Highly accurate dial, with the nicest caseback engraving on this series I have seen.

Note the engraving on the bottom of the hull on it.

00043530001cz2fh4.jpg

0004462ju4.jpg

One of the most rare reps that I wish I had bought would be a Tag Heuer Monaco - 2 subdial in the form of the 1st Tag Heuer re-release of the Monaco. It was was sold by an Italian rep seller called Buywac and used a hand wind movement. Don't believe the seller exists anymore and I have only seen the watch on 2 web sites.

TimeShare