When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blackbird question

LordRasta

Thanks to rocket754, I am the owner of a beautiful ultimate BCE already modded with a lello DW. This is my first Breitling and I am very impressed with them. I am interested in the Blackbird but here is my issue.... Does any of our dealers sell one with the CORRECT pearl placement? I know the first ones had that serious flaw and I still see it on some of the pics on dealer sites. I'd love to partner my BCE with a Blackbird but the pearl placement would drive me crazy.

Both watches appear to have the same bezel other than the shiny vs. brushed finish. Can a gen bezel be fitted to the Blackbird?

Its kind of a hit and miss thing Rasta. All the BBs had the pearl slightly positioned to the left on the rider tab, but some are worse than others. They range from pretty acceptable to totally disastrous. This is one watch I'd only trust to TTK or PT to hand pick.

I was an owner of a Blackbird (Big Date) and the bezel screws (other than the rider tabs) are just a vanity touch to it. They can be screwed, but they don't become looser and/or tighter wth movement.

Also, the screws seem to be glued.

Third, the bezel is probably pressure-fitted.

I swap my pearl from my BCE, thats why its center :

DSCF2941.jpg

Rocky is correct, this does work. I was able to easily remove the pearl on my BCE by unscrewing it. I am planning on getting either a gen bezel or gen diamond bezel for the BCE so I will be able to use this rep pearl for a Blackbird.

Good catch Rocky.

I am through with the Blackbird - the messed-up pearl aside, both the watches I got had issues with the chrono or the stem. The dealer took them back and refunded me the $$, but the A7750 on these seemed messed up. Others have discussed similar issues on the forum (of course, this is not to imply every ONE of them is messed up, but caveat emptor 2x on these).