When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Bell & Ross

stilty

If I was going to spend $50,000+ for a tourbillon you can bet this would be the very last thing I consider. Bell & Ross is a tough, hard-knocks "military" style watch brand and in my opinion trying to do this fancy, dainty haute horlogerie stuff is skewing their image.

Leave the tourbillons to the professionals Bell & Ross..

I agree. Another Basel, another tourbillon - how imaginative of them. Let's hope cuckoos don't come back into fashion.... :p

I'm going to have to disagree. What we've seen enough of is standard run-of-the-mill movements with a tourby stuck on them. ANY of the brands that are at least trying to be creative by making their own movements and using new materials are fine by me. Even if the end product is ugly.

Too many watches that cost 10K and are somebodys shell with an ETA 2836-2 is what lead to the uprising of reps in my opinion.

Although it may put off the tastes of some enthusiasts, these new releases may mean that B&R is foraging ahead in technical evolution and is essentially a compilation of their ability to move into highly complicated pieces without having to resort to outsourcing for their movements.

Of course, we'll never see a watch like this hitting the "mainstream" but we should expect some features to be carried over to future product lines.

I can't imagine any gay man wearing either of those watches. A jock frat-boy-type, perhaps...

Wat 'ya tokin bout, Linus???? Us Gay man can't wear a B&R???? :lol: How 'ya doin TJ! Long tym no hear! How's everythin' on the other side of the pond?

Cheers! Hike

Wat 'ya tokin bout, Linus???? Us Gay man can't wear a B&R???? :lol: How 'ya doin TJ! Long tym no hear! How's everythin' on the other side of the pond?

Cheers! Hike

All's good here, thanks, just trying to track down a few costume pieces for an upcoming party :)

All's good here, thanks, just trying to track down a few costume pieces for an upcoming party :)

I saw your post on that, sorry can't help you! Good luck and have fun! Have a nice weekend!

Love or not, these will not be rep'able due to these in house mvt.

These watch are fashion watch IMHO. They are there for a passage of time cuz the design is too far away than a "standard" looking watch. Evolution need to be smooth. A parallel can be done with car market, design evolution need to be done little step by little step. If too drastic, that'll miss the target.