When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

how to screw your country by buying reps

fotoman

ok US taxpayers are getting a little kickback from the gov't in a form of a bribe 600/ adult 300/ kid.

I'm sure many of you who get that money will spend it on reps - in china. while tangentially hellping the country of the middle man dealer -

anyway, in order to fund the kickback money the US has to take loans from - guess it guess, YES china.

SO, china is lending money to the US, where the US is paying interest on the money and were using that money and putting it totally back in the Chinese economy.

No wonder they are winning. They are charging us interest to get enough money to spend on them. They get the money back that they lent and were stuck paying interest for years.

FYI - Coming soon to a general discussion thread A Brand New Franken - i like to call Breitling Chronowind.

it will rock out the hizous

SO, china is lending money to the US, where the US is paying interest on the money and were using that money and putting it totally back in the Chinese economy.

western dominance over the world will come to a sharp end.

our children will be living in a very different world.

ok US taxpayers are getting a little kickback from the gov't in a form of a bribe 600/ adult 300/ kid.

No wonder they are winning. They are charging us interest to get enough money to spend on them. They get the money back that they lent and were stuck paying interest for years.

Sounds just like US banks. And, unfortunately, I do not even qualify for the 'kickback'. :bicycle:

FYI - Coming soon to a general discussion thread A Brand New Franken - i like to call Breitling Chronowind.

Good luck with that project. I want pics..........

A seventeenth century English economist (don't recall the name) stated that democracy can never work for extended periods because eventually the people will make demands that will exceed the government's ability to provide. Seems as if this prophecy is being realized today in the US. US presidential candidates are promising all sorts of entitlements on top of the already burdened taxpayers. People don't seem to realize that someone has to pay for the hand outs to citizens as well as non citizens and when you don't have the funds, you have to borrow. The US will be owned by the middle eastern nations and Asian nations unless the current trends are corrected.

And, unfortunately, I do not even qualify for the 'kickback'. :bicycle:

That makes two of us. Everyone I have spoken to has NO intention of spending their bribe/kickback/hush money. I keep hearing, savings/pay a bill/pay the credit card, everything but what the govt. wants them to use it for. This stimulus will be a disaster of major proportions.

Unfortunately, the hand outs don't stop there.

A proposed tax rebate (scam) targeted solely at the large home builders has an approximate price tag of $12 billion. The mom & pop independent builders are mysteriously excluded.

There is an additional proposal moving through the House of Representatives to bail out home owners through the FHA. The estimated price tag is $400 billion.

Add all these up and we're starting to talk about some serious change, $562 billion by my calculation. :o Of course, they will be funded with an addition to the national debt which is quickly approaching $10 trillion.

On a positive note, looking forward to your franken post. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

That makes two of us. Everyone I have spoken to has NO intention of spending their bribe/kickback/hush money. I keep hearing, savings/pay a bill/pay the credit card, everything but what the govt. wants them to use it for. This stimulus will be a disaster of major proportions.

Of course, you are correct that alot of people may not use the refund to purchase goods & services. But, historically, these types of government rebates have tended to stimulate the economy, even if only marginally. Still, as long as the hand-out moves the numbers in the right direction (even if they are already in a deep hole), it makes consumers 'feel' better about the economy, which encourages additional spending, which stimulates the economy.

But time will tell.

Unfortunately, the hand outs don't stop there.

A proposed tax rebate (scam) targeted solely at the large home builders has an approximate price tag of $12 billion. The mom & pop independent builders are mysteriously excluded.

There is an additional proposal moving through the House of Representatives to bail out home owners through the FHA. The estimated price tag is $400 billion.

Add all these up and we're starting to talk about some serious change, $562 billion by my calculation. :o Of course, they will be funded with an addition to the national debt which is quickly approaching $10 trillion.

On a positive note, looking forward to your franken post. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

THAT'S the one that really has me [censored] off, those large homebuilders have an absolutely insane profit margin to begin with. The next time I want to build a house it's just going to be me and the guys from behind Home Depot.

A seventeenth century English economist (don't recall the name) stated that democracy can never work for extended periods because eventually the people will make demands that will exceed the government's ability to provide. Seems as if this prophecy is being realized today in the US. US presidential candidates are promising all sorts of entitlements on top of the already burdened taxpayers. People don't seem to realize that someone has to pay for the hand outs to citizens as well as non citizens and when you don't have the funds, you have to borrow. The US will be owned by the middle eastern nations and Asian nations unless the current trends are corrected.

you got a few things wrong - First, all presidents since the beginning of time have made promises they can't afford to pay for - thats nothing new

and -the US is ALREADY owned by the middle east and china

China could End the US tommorow if it wanted to.- financial CRASH - but, luckly for us, their people cant' afford to buy the crap that they are making for pennies and selling for dollars -so for now they need us.

Saudi Arabia owns 10% of the stocks on the NY exchange.

franken update

Very excited, saw my dial today - just waiting for the PT delivery. unfortunately, it will not get a quick cheiftang ar, i have to wait for the next run.

THAT'S the one that really has me [censored] off, those large homebuilders have an absolutely insane profit margin to begin with. The next time I want to build a house it's just going to be me and the guys from behind Home Depot.

Because Home Depot isn't a huge corperate megalogiant either right? I say you should revise your plans to make it you and the guys at Ted's Tool store. Oh, wait, Home Depot put them out of business last week, after Home Depot was bought out by a mid-eastern firm. :lol:

.. I kid. None of that is true, kinda.

you got a few things wrong - First, all presidents since the beginning of time have made promises they can't afford to pay for - thats nothing new

and -the US is ALREADY owned by the middle east and china

China could End the US tommorow if it wanted to

Do you honestly believe that if China called in all the loans they've made to the US that anyone would actually repay them on demand? Yeah, right...It'd be a cold day in H E L L before that one would get repaid and they know it. That's why they keep pouring money into the economy here, hoping to recoup what they've already spent here. Just like the Germans, Japanese and Arabs. Watch the global markets...when one market fluctuates, they all do. Everyone's so much in bed with everyone else that if the US economy tanked the rest of the world would follow and they all know it.

We'd all be screwed, blued an tattooed...United States and every other major player on the world scene. Sucks, but that's how it is.

It's a shame that when Clinton left office, there was a budget SURPLUS and our economy looked good for a change. Look how look it took the current crook to ruin that...

Shee-it, I'm going to get drunk....

Actually Phoband the beginning of time was not the 1930's...

And most of our economy goes out the window by printing bills and selling them to a private company (the "Federal Reserve") for cost ($0.23 regardless of face value), and renting them back at face value + interest at a $7 circulation to $1 on deposit ("also rented and deflating") ratio

So the "Federal Reserve's" real leverage against the working people is... they get $600 + interest (what is $600 + 30 years interest @ 6%) out of our efforts for every $0.23 they they spend... (see, they don't have to really circulate that other $6 they get to "use" all those checks for mortgages really just create that extra money that isn't there, just like the $100 they spent $0.23 on that has to be deposited in order for them to loan out the rest that they didn't even have to bother spending that high charge for ($0.23x6, less than $1.50)...

Yup, they loaned you imaginary money for that house, that they didn't even have to pay the smallest pittance for themselves...

Of course they have to keep their ratios right, or it costs the bankers in the middle...

Thank FDR for making it "legal" and adding the extra siphons of his social(ist) platform...

Actually Phoband the beginning of time was not the 1930's...

As the forum's premier professional political operative, i feel quite confident in saying that in my professional political opinion, since the first day an election was held to decide a position of power - the tactic of excess promises in exchange for votes was of primary importance. - no pun intended.

there is as very important rule to understand about elections - they don't undue the results because you lied about what you can accomplish or you made up some dirt on your opponent :)

sad but true

Do you honestly believe that if China called in all the loans they've made to the US that anyone would actually repay them on demand? Yeah, right...I

thats they thing, they don't have to call in the loans - they can't stop loaning out the money.

if they just decide to stop buying US paper tommorow -DOH - no one wants it, crash in pricing. economy = dead.

the point is not that they probably won't, the point is they could! most people have no idea, and half the country thinks, illegals and the gov't taking away their guns or letting women have medical procedures are the real issues we face! :)

Do you honestly believe that if China called in all the loans they've made to the US that anyone would actually repay them on demand? Yeah, right...It'd be a cold day in H E L L before that one would get repaid and they know it. That's why they keep pouring money into the economy here, hoping to recoup what they've already spent here. Just like the Germans, Japanese and Arabs. Watch the global markets...when one market fluctuates, they all do. Everyone's so much in bed with everyone else that if the US economy tanked the rest of the world would follow and they all know it.

We'd all be screwed, blued an tattooed...United States and every other major player on the world scene. Sucks, but that's how it is.

It's a shame that when Clinton left office, there was a budget SURPLUS and our economy looked good for a change. Look how look it took the current crook to ruin that...

Shee-it, I'm going to get drunk....

Hugh...I have been laughing for ten minutes NON-STOP over your screen name. Pretty creative, Mr. Jascock!!

Jet

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until a majority of voters discover that they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury.

Alexander Tytler

Of course the United States of America is a Representative Republic.. NOT a democracy, but we treat it like a democracy more and more each day...

I agree to some extent that the Rep Trade isn't exactly the best 'economic stimulus' for the US. I mean, sending $300 *directly* to China/Hong Kong via PayPal, Western Union or a CC processor located in Latvia at times makes me cringe.

But let's face it... Westinghouse, LG, Maytag and many many more companies are now Chinese owned. Although a 'cut' of these proceeds are being pocketed by Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, etc - the truth of the matter is, the next step for them is to turn around and invest that money in... China. When I take a step back, the $300 to Davidsen doesn't seem too bad.

As for spending of the 'rebate' checks (don't worry, you'll have to pay that back next year) I have to imagine a lot of people are going to spend it on TVs (if not debt). Remember, in February 2009, analog signals are getting shut off (going to emergency services) and if you don't have a newer box that accepts, no TV for you. Although I bought my flat screen a couple years ago, I have to imagine a large amount of 'middle America' still needs to 'upgrade'.

More info: https://www.dtv2009.gov/

-M

Because Home Depot isn't a huge corperate megalogiant either right? I say you should revise your plans to make it you and the guys at Ted's Tool store. Oh, wait, Home Depot put them out of business last week, after Home Depot was bought out by a mid-eastern firm. :lol:

.. I kid. None of that is true, kinda.

I said the guys BEHIND Home Depot, they are not exactly affiliated with the store. For those outside of the U.S., these would be our hardworking illegal visitors from the South.