When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what do you do for a living?

blade007

Hey that is a cool thread idea.

Like Scoobs, I used to be a producer and label manager of a small company and studio I owned with 2 partners for 5 years.

But hey, music is cool but the world hit is not happening everyday...everyone needs to eat from time to time.

So currently:

-Manager of a small company active in dating services over the phone, sms and internet (since 1992).

-Radio presentor (since 1980). But this is a side job now, more a hobby. Allthough it could become premanent again as dating is currently much less a money maker.

Cheers

Stephane

Well since I can remember I have had always wanted to be an Officer in the Royal Air Force, however, something medical has prevented me from joining, so I am at university studying law and hoping to go into contracting and procurement. I am also considering doing the Bar Vocational Course part time once I have started working to become a Barrister as a second career at a later stage. We shall see though!

My business card says I'm the Senior Political Advisor for a lobbying and PR firm, but I'm proud to be just an old fashioned fixer/bagman, since it means that unlike lobbyists and PR guys I always have to be 100% honest.

I used to be a writer/graphic designer for a role-playing games company until internet agencies started appearing in the late 90s, then I switched over to Systems Manager/Sysadmin and now I've shed the boring bits and I'm just a Sysadmin.

I work pretty much exclusively on web-based stuff, installing servers/sites for clients you've heard of, working for an agency you haven't. I'm platform agnostic, working on flavours of Linux and Windows, but I sit at a 24" monitor plugged into a Mac Pro with more RAM than you have. :)

I'm a law enforcement officer...21 years now.

Hey, it's not illegal to purchase or possess replica watches in my state, just can't sell em ;)

I have a few friends that are "customs" agents at a local "international" airport. If you guys saw my collection of reps you would $hit.

That's all I have to say about that B)

My business card says I'm the Senior Political Advisor for a lobbying and PR firm, but I'm proud to be just an old fashioned fixer/bagman, since it means that unlike lobbyists and PR guys I always have to be 100% honest.

Michael Clayton :p

Michael Clayton :p

That's what everyone says when I describe my job, but sadly it's without the exploding cars, or any drama at all actually. Just a lot of listening to people b*th about other people on the phone. Sometimes I get to go to The Palm, though.