When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Quest

freddy333

Guest porsche356a
Each time you post the first picture I can't resist: I have a smile on my face.

I love it :)

Agreed. They speak to my inner child as well. Great line-up! Congrats.

That black date just is really nice.

I bought my first watch from Andrew and I love it. Ive looked on those scam sites for years and until I found this site, I didnt buy any of them. So I guess I have my dream watch now. The next one that I want is a Breitling. Maybe after that would be a Corum or Graham.

Not sure if gens are permitted, but I have always had a soft spot for the Bond SMP, and earlier this year I finally bought one. I have found it to be such a versatile watch, and whilst it doesn't compare to the likes of IWC etc... for the money it is a great timepiece.

I think the one rep that I would still like would be the closed factory Breitling Seawolf. I am in envy of Seadweller's!!

18022008677.jpg

06042008077.jpg

How is YOUR search going?

I think my search is going well, thanks Freddy. I have no inflated expectations of what I will receive when the postman calls. But I am seldom disapointed with what drops through the letterbox. So, thanks, my search is going well overall.

@b16a2 However, there is still no decent rep of the Breitling Aerospace....... BUGGER! ;)

I think my search is going well, thanks Freddy. I have no inflated expectations of what I will receive when the postman calls. But I am seldom disapointed with what drops through the letterbox. So, thanks, my search is going well overall.

@b16a2 However, there is still no decent rep of the Breitling Aerospace....... BUGGER! ;)

Very true. I was in contact with another member who had an awesome B1 replica, it was quite old and I dont think they're in production anymore, but for a cheap japanese rep, it looked very convincing, and at first glance I thought it was genuine. I suppose there wouldn't be enough demand if there were an Aerosapce rep, it's quite an acquired taste, (one that I love nonetheless).

Stephane, I think a picture of your Rolex collection would be very fitting for this topic. Your collection of divers, and Freddy's collection of Daytona's leaves me speechless!

Freddy,

like you know I love DJ, and your two DJ are really great! :bow_arrow:

i love DJ too. how accurate are the DJs from the cartel? what are the major flaws if any? i tried looking for some reviews of DJs but there's very little.

it might help my quest... ;)

I was hoping that my picture would spark others to post pics of their dream watches as well. I guess I was not clear enough.

Does anyone have pictures of their current dream watch -- gen, rep or franken -- collection? Those grail watches that took some extra work, time and/or effort to acquire.

I was hoping that my picture would spark others to post pics of their dream watches as well. I guess I was not clear enough.

Does anyone have pictures of their current dream watch -- gen, rep or franken -- collection? Those grail watches that took some extra work, time and/or effort to acquire.

There you go:

BP.jpg

fiftyfathomsnew.jpg

zoom-pics-ansicht-1s.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub::D

Freddy I would be delighted to post a GOOD photo of that watch but I can't find a real good one...sorry :(

I am talking about the black dial SnowFlake ...with or without date.

Stephane -- I am only interested in pics of grail watches that you already own. Or stories about why you want a particular watch that you do not own.

Everytime I find what I think is THE ultimate watch it ultimatly disappoints! If I could point to one watch from each of my collections...gens and reps I would say my 1939 Gruen Curvex in 14K gold is my fav while in terms of reps my MBW 1665 GWSD is the most satisfing. I do have to say though that my latest buy a DeWitt Acedamia chrono is an outstanding piece.

I can say I'm pretty happy with how things have turned out for me. :tu:

I'd still like to snatch up a 6542 someday, and one of those fine Snowflake Tudors!