When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Palp Crowns - should i produce some for RWG?

t

To ensure that the palp crown stays away from the case simply make the "ditch" as Siver surfer put it deeper, that is the [censored] of the ditch longer. In this case to ensure sealing one can always add a second crown gasket.

The palp too close to the case just does not look right.

Carpe Diem.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

T - Always up for better parts if someone can take the time to make them...

My thoughts echo what has been said - the next generation crown should be

2.0mm

60 "Teeth"

Deeper recess for lever than PALP (Avoid having to trim levers)

High polished all over including the recess.

Slightly deeper "ditch" recess on the underside and deeper collar to ensue pronounced 1mm gao from the case.

If you can do these then I'd be up for a couple at least.

Good luck

:fish:

If it expedites the process I can offer to make the drawings (german Diplom Ingenieur and british B.Sc. in mechanical engineering). 3D CAD is possible but 2D low tech would be more fun.

EDIT: ... or if it saves money ...

Edited by chefcook

sounds good guys? ;)

It does not sound good. It sounds excellent.

i think the price of 40euro (like PALP and Pam) is way to high. I hope i can realise a price of 20- max 30euro. :good:

...And this sounds even better! :lol:

I think a deeper recess for the lever could cause problems with too short levers. Better modify the lever than having a crown that is useless because of a short lever...

Good point, but I think that the Palp crown went much too far in this direction. In my experience, even the shortest rep crown levers were way too long for Palp's crowns and still had to be drastically shortened, leaving them an inaccurate shape.

Some feedback on this aspect would be useful, specifically;

Did the Palp crowns have too shallow a recess, with the result that even short levers had to be shortened significantly further?

Please respond.

If it expedites the process I can offer to make the drawings (german Diplom Ingenieur and british B.Sc. in mechanical engineering). 3D CAD is possible but 2D low tech would be more fun.

EDIT: ... or if it saves money ...

sounds good

you are our man.

Did the Palp crowns have too shallow a recess, with the result that even short levers had to be shortened significantly further?

Please respond.

Agreed PamMan- I have never come across a CG lever that did not need to be shortened to work with a PALP crown and obtain the desired clearance from case side as well.

Cheers

Agreed PamMan- I have never come across a CG lever that did not need to be shortened to work with a PALP crown and obtain the desired clearance from case side as well.

Cheers

all is no problem if we have professional drawing... ok let