When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Palp Crowns - should i produce some for RWG?

t

Hi guys

i heard that PALP crwons are very rare these days. I had 5 on sale corner and they was sold in a minute and i could sell 50 if i had them.

The crowns from member "Pam" last batch had many flaws and most of them was defect and unusable (The Zigmeister reported)

so i think i should produce new good thick crowns for RWG.

i will not sell them for the same high price like PALP or Pam (40-45euro)... i think a price between 20-30euro is fair.

But i need your advice and i need a sample. PAM experts let me know... which is the best crown??? I think genuine crowns are not usable for reps without modification. So we should go for a crown which is useable for all reps without modification.

let me know

BTW, should anyone in the same project let me know and i will pass it.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That would be great, t!

In consideration of your reliability, skillness and precision, I am sure these would come out as a gorgeous product. I would surely be in for several.

Personally, I think that palp's/PAM's crowns were the best in shape (especially the number of teeth, and the fact that no tube mod was needed), and Lello's crowns were the best in manifacturing as they had a spring.

(I do not like the gen crowns currently available, IMHO. :blink: Too rounded edges to my eyes. Not like the most recent crowns on gen Pams).

But even without the spring, if you were just able to replicate the palp's crown without its flaws, that would be great.

hmmmm you guys mean i should use the PALP crown as sample??? :g:

in this case it was the best if "PALP" or "Pam" should produce new pieces... this would be easier as they have the tools to produce this crowns. I must build the tools... and this is very expensive and takes 3-4 months from factory.

You would definitely have a market if you made some. I still have two "titanium look" crowns I bought from PAM which are absolutely useless, with crooked stem bores. The worst part is that PAM seems to have disappeared and hasn't responded to PM's and emails from more than one member concerning this.

hmmmm you guys mean i should use the PALP crown as sample??? :g:

in this case it was the best if "PALP" or "Pam" should produce new pieces... this would be easier as they have the tools to produce this crowns. I must build the tools... and this is very expensive and takes 3-4 months from factory.

Both palp and PAM disappeared, and even before vanishing PAM was not a champion in communication... But the main point is that their crowns were far from perfect.

If you can produce a crown like their 2mm version, without their flaws, that would already be great.

If you can even add a spring like in Lello's crown, that would be awesome.

t-

You bring up a good point but using the gen has its own issues. Gen crowns have a much deeper recess and so there is a real risk that the standard rep crown guard won't work with it. Now if you also want to replicate a gen crownguard... ;) Also Palp's stem seemed to fit all rep case tubes. As you know the key flaw with using a gen is having to redo your case tube.

I would take a dozen+ myself. doing a replica CG ala Jimmy Fu would do very well also...since you're thinking about taking on a project. ;)

I would be in for a few. Titanium also???

Agree with Kruzer, crown and crown guards would be great and would likely sell like hot cakes.

I too have a defective crown from PAM.

It would be great to have t crowns produced. I would buy several.

I would take a dozen+ myself. doing a replica CG ala Jimmy Fu would do very well also...since you're thinking about taking on a project. ;)

That's what i was thinking. doing the whole assembly-- CG and Crown-- would finally get this right. :D

I never received mine from Palp either.. I guess he's gone now.

Perhaps you could collaborate with V if he makes his crown guards as well. I think he'll be using his genuine CG for that. Assuming he'll have any time to himself nowadays ;)

Great ideas here. Definitely search through some of the old posts to get a feel for all the issues that Palp encountered with the bevel, size, threading, etc before they were usable. But if you were able to produce a 2.0 palp (instead of a 2.1) and a Jimmy Fu CG.... It'd be huge.

Perhaps it's also worth getting the Jimmy CG done as well, as that will be great for the olfer models, eg. PAM027, 028, 029, 063 etc

crowns with spring mechanism and case-tube can manufacture only one local factory here.

they are manufacturer of watch crown assortments. and this factory is here the last one.

and no other crown factory here. dying branch.

i have checked the possibilty to get this special crown, but no chance. they know all crown types.

so... without a spring mechanism can manufacture all cnc-fine-mechanics companies.

also the case tubes.

rolli