When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DOXA anyone?

DuDro

Got a 750T Mil Shark currently and had a 1000T and recently 5000T too. I flipped them both, but I'm going to keep my Mil Shark. They're great watches and with an incredible history, but I wonder if they're popular enough that they'd rep one. Would like to see one though.

i would love to see good doxa reps. easy to do with an eta or even the high beat seagull and way more history than 'brands' like hublot :rolleyes:

I love Doxa sub series. the new 5000T is a true beauty. But the ppl @ doxa is so great that it will be sad rep their babies :p . Also Doxa stay a little business in watchmaking industry.

Their sub are on my future gen investiment.

cheers.

Guest carlsbadrolex

I had a Mil Shark... it was stolen from my gym bag while on vacation in Hawaii. REALLY [censored] me off! But I bought a gen Cartier Santos to replace it while there, so the trip wasnt a total loss!

Had a Orange 1000 last year for a coupel months. God Damn it looked good but just didn't get much wrist time. I may add that there authorized dealer here in the US will negotiate the price if you haggle . I got the year previous pricing which saved me about $500.00 just by asking. Had I purchased the Black Sharkhunter or the T-Graph chrono from the beginning like my gut told me I am sure I would still have it in the collection. Great watch, great history great customer service. And about the most comforatable and nicest looking bracelet I have ever owned (The Rice bead one)

Maybe not a big demand to accurately rep a gen that can be had for $1300 - $2100.00 . Also got me into the whole Dirk Pitt Clive Cussler adventures. Great novels the movie was a bastardization which was a shame, right guy to play Dirk Pitt and the right watch on his wrist but everything else was dumbed down for the mtv crowd.

Now THAT is a sight for sore eyes! Magnificent.

I'd say my top most-desireable watches would be a vintage Fifty Fathoms, a Doxa and a Kon-Tiki.

Vintage rules! :tu:

• 1 month later...

I would love a rep of the SUB 1000T. I wonder how hard it is and how long it would take to reverse engineer the case? I would imagine all they would have to do is buy a gen, take a bunch or measurements and feed those into a computerized milling machine. Crystal would be easy and I think the watch actually uses a ETA 2824 movement decorated by DOXA. Is the general gen buying population just not aware of the brand?

One thing I don't appreciate with Doxa is their hike in prices of late. I know that with them going the mainstream route they'd have to hike their prices since there would need to be something in it for the dealers, but I didn't think it would be that much. Great watches though for sure.

• 2 months later...
I wonder if Arthur is lurking around here these days. He's got a collection of vintage Doxa Subs to die for, and a braintrust of knowledge to go with it all :)

I think it's time you pinged him... Gotta have my daily dose of Doxa!

750Tb.jpg