When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any coffee lovers here?

ajoesmith

Just got myself an espresso machine a month ago and have been experimenting.

What do you think?

Any other members love coffee?

CIMG3228.jpg

CIMG3229.jpg

You allready developed some decent talent of latte art. Respect! You got an espresso machine with a Faema E61 brewing unit? Obvoiusly your machine does have good hot dry steam. I got a fully automatic Jura at home so my possibilities are limited to finding the correct setup with temperature and fineness of grinding for a good coffee. My milk foam is rather good for a fully automatic unit but by far not good enough for doing what you do with it.

What

Edited by Fish

oh man you haven't lived till you've had Kaladi Brothers Trieste blend.

For my birthday a couple weeks back the delectable Ms.Nanuq got me a new Via Venezia machine by Saeco, with the pump for shots, and WOW does it make a nice bean!!

:Jumpy:

Looks good dude. Does it taste better when it looks better? J/K I have a cheapo espresso/cappucino machine, usually I'm too busy to make the stuff anyway. Lots of clean up and prep.

I do want to try the kopi luwak, or "cat sh!t coffee" but I don't know where to get the real stuff for certain, and that stuff is repped almost as much as rolex.

My favorite coffee is trader joe's winter blend. It has red and black peppercorns, cloves and cinnamon that gets ground up with the beans. Perfect. Smells great when grinding, brewing, brewed, and tasted great. It's off the market right now and I am looking for something similar. It sure beats the vanilla, hazelnut, etc which is basically coffee with fake flavor added to it. Trader Joe's is more natural if you will and beats all that fake stuff hands down.

turkish_coffee.jpg

Turkish Coffe

The necessary equipment to prepare Turkish coffee consists of a narrow-topped small boiling pot called an ibrik, cezve, džezva, xhezve or μπρίκι (br

Edited by panera

Coffee with Vodka... that's what I like :)

On a serious note, haven't had the opportunity of exploring coffee much. I'm more of a tea drinker - 5 mugs of darjeeling or assam green tea everyday. The only coffee I drink nowadays is at Coffeeshops... less said the better!!

Anice and Coffe????????

Try Raki cheese slad some fish near the see with a view... At the and of the dinner take sip of Turkish raki with Lokum or with cold water ...

Br0 Thats life

Nice pics, looks like you becoming

quite the coffee aficionado!

I live in Miami So Cuban

Coffee is all I drink.

Its basically super-espresso.

you only need about 1/4 ounce

and your set. I have a tolerance though

I do a double (1/2 ounce) first thing

in the morning. Then when I get to work

I have a regular coffee with a cuban

shot thrown in for good measure.

Like now, I am zingin.........

Love my Coffee.....Cafe Pilon

Sorry no pics as I am not big on cream.

Just condensed coffee and lots of sugar......

I am also new to the site and think this

community is amazing.....

Charles

Yeah, we are coffee lovers... :wub: We have an espresso machine (Saeco), that makes great crema (not all machines do). We get freshly roasted beans from a friend who is an expert on mixing different kinds of coffee (Ethiopian, Kenyan, Java...). We use bottled mineral water and we only grind the amount of beans necessary for the number of cops we drink. With espresso, we prefer a bit of brown sugar in it. When drinking "straight" coffee (two-three cops filtered into an Alfi thermo), we don't like sugar at all, only a bit of milk.

I work at an advertising agency here in Sweden and one of our customers is a coffee producer. Because of this i have been brainwashed by the "coffee people". Once you step in to the world of coffee you are stuck!

I have a Saeco Odea Giro Plus at home, fully automatic, and recommended by one of my coffee-contacts. Affordable and easy to use, perfect for the morning espresso.

I have tasted most of the famous and exclusive beans but i stil prefer an espresso based on robusta beans.