When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone interested in Pelican Cases?

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

I was offered a wholesale price on Pelican cases today. I purchased 3 to be used as watch boxes... I prefer the industrial and rugged look over the pretty wood and leather look (its a Marine Corp thing).

Here are a few pics of my most recent acquisitions in one of the Pelicans. As most know they are VERY WELL built, waterproof, air proof and have a pressure release valve (YES, a case with a HEV...)

I am going to find out what is required to sell them on this forum in a manner like a group buy... But for now here are some pics.

post-7311-1210304965_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1210304983_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1210305000_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1210305015_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1210305032_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1210305049_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1210305065_thumb.jpg

Guest avitt

I'm interested.

Is your source looking for a one-time clearance, or can he provide an ongoing supply. I ask because we use these things at my job (primarily 1400 cases, but other sizes as well), and I'm sure that we're not getting the best price that we could.

Guest carlsbadrolex

I believe that this could be a regular supplier. I have contact TT and Admin in reference to what I can post here. But the prices I was given are lower than anything I have found online.

Guest carlsbadrolex

I am actually pretty shocked at the fact that more people arent interested... This tells me that people are more interested in their watches being displayed in a "pretty" watch box, or they simply have no idea how much protection a Pelican Case provides.

As I stated, I was not interested in making anything... I even offered the Admin invoices to show I was going to sell them for the exact price I paid for them. Which for the 1200 series was $21 without the filler and $23 with the foam.

I dont think you could beat the price anywhere.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Nothing will be available for sale until one of the mods or Admin get back to me.

I verified today that all Pelican models would be available.

Guest carlsbadrolex

I have been given the go ahead by TT to put this together. In the next couple days I will make available a list of part numbers and prices. $2 will be added to the price of each case sold which will be paid to Admin. As part of my full disclosure policy, I will post a scan of the price list given to me.

Thank you,

CBR

On behalf of the Admin team I would just like to thank CBR for having the foresight to actually ask before going ahead, something many others don't think of.

I would also like to commend him for the $2 donation from every sale torwards the boards upkeep, a simple and effective way of keeping us afloat.

Ken

I am actually pretty shocked at the fact that more people arent interested... This tells me that people are more interested in their watches being displayed in a "pretty" watch box, or they simply have no idea how much protection a Pelican Case provides.

As I stated, I was not interested in making anything... I even offered the Admin invoices to show I was going to sell them for the exact price I paid for them. Which for the 1200 series was $21 without the filler and $23 with the foam.

I dont think you could beat the price anywhere.

You don`t say if this offer is for Conus only, allthough I fear international postage would kill it.

What actually is a series 1200 or 1400 ?

"This tells me that people are more interested in their watches being displayed in a "pretty" watch box".

My watches are in a Cardboard box at the moment, waiting for something like this. :D

carlsbad,

thx for bringing this to our attn. i am interest in one or more to be used as a carrying case for pistols (0.38 with 4" barrel). these look ideal for secure way of transporting. i would also be interested in a 'laptop case' -- i have a soft one and a couple years back a good jolt to the side of it killed a hard drive i keep my watches in a clear plexiglass case which is wall mounted and rarely would transport them en masse. please advise on models and prices available.

Edited by Watchwatcher

A good initiative!

I would be interested, but it depends on shipping costs to Europe.

I know these cases from when I worked offshore, rugges stuff.. Never thought about using them as watch case, though! ;)