When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

www.watch-replica.net

inkedOg

Has anyone dealt with these people? I ordered an IWC from them a month ago. They emailed me that the bank transacted the money but no word since. The 72 hours they have on their site has long since past. I think fraud is involved. Has anyone had similar dealings with them? Their phone doesn't work nor does the link they provide to email them. BEWARE!

http://www.watch-replica.net/

Edited by inkedOg

Has anyone dealt with these people?

No, we don't deal with scam sites. Sorry for your loss. Many members have gone through similar ordeals before they found RWG.

I can assure you that even if you received anything from that site, it would have been most likely crap.

Now that you found us, go and research the forum... and get your favorite quality rep from one of our trusted dealers.

Happy hunting and warm welcome to the forum!

No, we don't deal with scam sites. Sorry for your loss. Many members have gone through similar ordeals before they found RWG.

I can assure you that even if you received anything from that site, it would have been most likely crap.

Now that you found us, go and research the forum... and get your favorite quality rep from one of our trusted dealers.

Happy hunting and warm welcome to the forum!

Thank You! I will try and educate myself a bit better.

Sadly you probably won't see anything from them or if you do it won't be anywhere near the quality that you are expecting. Don't feel bad as there are many members here who found the forums only after being taken by a scam site. You can feel safe ordering from any of the recommended dealers here however. I've ordered from most of them and have always gotten what was shown.

If you paid by credit card, you should fill in a claim and get your money back. You don't need to say what you bought, as anyway webstores go through a third party credit card company whose name surely does not contain any reference to replicas (like ctopay for example).

Just say (or write, depends on your bank) that you bought electronics online and that you did not get anything yet, neither answers nor goods.

That works too for paypal or moneybookers. The only way of payment which doe not offer a backup solution is the bank transfer, including Western Union (which I refuse to work with anyway).

Most scammers rely on the fact that the buyer will not risk filling a complain, as they do not want to look like criminals. Just do it !

If they scammed you and you have paid by CC, file the claim as above (Pix). However, the bank will probably ask you to show documentation that you tried to resolve the matter with the shop first. This is where it gets difficult. It is better to deny knowledge of the transaction whatsoever. You never ordered anything from anybody, someone stole your data, even let the bank issue a new card if necessary. Then the retailer has to prove it was a legit charge, which they will probably not try to do anyway.

Edited by statos

Sorry to hear

Those are pretty low grade watches though.. the ones you buy for $50 down on Canal St. You dont want those. Stick to the trusted collectors here and you'll be amazed at the quality.

inkedOg,

I would follow Pix's advice. If you paid by cc you are protected. I myself would not deny having made the charge because that is a dangerous game and is in fact a fraudulent statement.

Good luck.

Well, ordering a replica over the web with a CC is not exactly like ordering pralines, if you know what I mean ;)

Excellent idea !

STUPID IDEA!!! You are turning a legitimate transaction into a fraudulent one from your side. Better to just tell the credit card company you have not received the item. Thats enough to get the ball rolling. There is now a chargeback register in use and regular chargebacks will get you on it if the retailer subscribes to it. In all probability the credit card processors have a simular system. Any thing fraudulent like denying you actually made the purchase will if it comes to light cause you to be on the fraud register all your credit will be down the pan in a second. Many cc processors now use Mastercard secure and the Visa equivalent where you put in a password so it's very difficult to claim you didn't know of the transaction. So think before you do anything silly like denying the transaction there is no need to do that you are in the right!

This is a bad idea - criminal even. I'm not sure, but I think you can go to jail if you do that (credit card fraud).

Sure, it's not the cleanest way.

But there are some points that makes it not condamnable IMO, although fraudulent :

- no goods have been delivered, therefore InkedOg is not acting as if he bought something he got and declared he did not do any operation. That would be a real fraud.

- by either filling a claim or declaring his card lost and fraudulent operations linked (actually only this one), the seller should be asked for a chargeback by his own CC company. I doubt the Insurance involved will make any gift in such a situation, and if a refund can be obtained, it will be done at buyer's expenses. That's a kick in the ass of that seller, only scammer in this matter.

- we're talking about a way to get honestly earned money back for a buyer whose mistake was only not to be aware of all the possible scams in the reps World, not about stealing money. Sure, it's not a very honest step... I won't enter the field where we would be talking if all this hobby is really legal

Let me correct my statement from excellent idea to good idea. :g:

Now that the lesson is learnt, the next happy step is to choose a decent replica from one of the boards dealer.

Let me correct my statement from excellent idea to good idea. :g:

Now that the lesson is learnt, the next happy step is to choose a decent replica from one of the boards dealer.

In the United States (I am not sure where OP is located) if a consumer pays by credit card and the merchandise is not delivered, the credit provider will initiate a chargeback and the burden is upon the seller to provide evidence of delivery of goods or services. It is neither complicated nor time consuming. Alleging unauthorized use of the card on the other hand triggers an investigation by the in-house fraud department. If you are caught you can kiss your credit rating goodbye and the issuer, at its discretion, may turn the case over to the state's Attorney General's office for further investigation.

There is absolutely nothing to be gained by lying to the card issuer under these circumstances and quite a bit to be lost.

This is not a good idea - it is a decidedly BAD idea.

Well guys youn are talking about legit transactions and you are right.

But what are the options if you have been scammed when buying non-legit goods?

To do the right thing (claim for non-delivery) and show docs to your CC company (purchase, receipts, emails etc) of what you have bought and that you have tried to clarify the situation with a seller of fake watches in China? Good luck!!!

Or to scam the scammer, that will never dare to out himself as seller of fake goods anyway?

I don't say it is a clean way to do it but it works and this is exactly what I was advised to do by my bank (they knew what I had bought).

Anyway, everybody has it's own way to solve his problems. Last time it was enough to tell the scammer, I will report that he sells fakes his CC processing company and to Visa. He was very fast to ship.

Edited by statos

But what are the options if you have been scammed when buying non-legit goods?

I choose to scam the scammer..and feel guilty. :lol:

Everyone has his own mind and moral.

InkedOg has both options : HE chooses.

The third option being to leave the matter as it is.

I don't say it is a clean way to do it but it works and this is exactly what I was advised to do by my bank (they knew what I had bought).

??? Seriously????, Your bank?- the agent for your CC provider, "encouraged" you to go down this path?

Please get that in writing, or at least record the conversation.... then.... go for your life!

And, hopefully have the financial clout to use the info in court!

Maybe the bank & CC provider have just a few more $$ to fight that sort of litigation?

Over my life, I have tried on a number of occasions to "take on the big boys" in situations I have seen as "winable" ( But more so "wrong")

Have also learned of the fact that no private person has a bottomless cheque book, no matter what the situation.

Maybe you should refer to my siggy!

Offshore

??? Seriously????, Your bank?- the agent for your CC provider, "encouraged" you to go down this path?

No, his bank didn't encourage him, an EMPLOYEE of the bank who was speaking his own personal opinion made this statement. And I have not the slightest doubt he also said "I didn't tell you this but...."

I have no moral problem with anyone lying to their cc provider under these circumstances - despite Pix's reference to "mind and moral" or Statos referring to "the right thing." The simple fact is that if you pay for merchandise by credit card in the United States and don't receive anything in return, the card issuer (Visa for example) will initiate a chargeback on your claim that the item was not received and that the seller is non-responsive. Then it is up to the merchant to prove the item (or service) was delivered to the card holder. As a card holder having made a purchase over the internet, I am under no obligation to provide ANY evidence. The burden is upon the seller. The people who are suggesting you must provide receipts have never been through this process - they are imagining what they THINK would happen. If you have paid by credit card, there is ALREADY a record of the purchase on the issuers server - you don't have to provide the receipt (and in all likelihood none exists). Nor do you have to identify the merchandise as a "fake" watch. You bought a watch. Period. If they even ask - which in my case they did not.

I think that before suggesting a path that could easily ruin someone's credit rating and possible incur criminal liabilities, no matter how unlikely that may be, common sense would dictate that we give accurate information about possible outcomes of all possible remedies. If the OP tells his issuer he never made the charge, probably nothing will happen. But the potential consequences are severe if he is caught. And suggesting that the original poster, if he chooses to simply initiate a chargeback, will not receive any relief from the card issuer, is pure nonsense.

For anyone who wishes to know EXACTLY what rights and obligations the card holder has under these circumstances they have but to refer to their own credit card agreement or visit the Federal Trade Commission's website at www.ftc.gov/ which has much information on the consumer's rights in credit card transactions.

Edited by JohnG

As far as getting scammed is concerned you should just chalk it up as a loss....a learning experience....and now that you are here you know who to buy from....

To avoid identity theft with the credit card that you used....you need to have your credit card company send you a new card with a different number....just explain to them that you believe an identity thief got ahold of your card information....they will replace the card for you and it will cost you nothing....

DONT try and get tricky and fool around....be smart! Chalk it up as a loss and replace the card....