When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Toad's Preview - Omega Deville Hour Vision

Toadtorrent

OH THATS JUST FINE AND DANDY

I've been putting off reading this , for this very reason............................................................... because I knew it would JUST MAKE WANT ONE

AAGGGHHHHHHH I had my nose pressed up against the window the AD in town today , :wub: lusting after these and a Railmaster

I HAVE NO MORE ROOM IN THE BOX :bangin:

I know another box :yeah:

:1a: AWESOME REVIEW DUDE , tis much appreciated, sort of !!!!

I just came back from the AD to look at the Hour Vision, and I have to say, the movement is very nice on it, but given that this is something you don't get to see when you are wearing the piece, it sort of gets lost, except when you are in the confines of your room looking at it before you put it on.

The dial is nice...but I have to say, I think my 3717-02/05 rep dial has more zing to it than the Omega gen...

BTW...in Canada, the Hour Vision is CDN8000 with the bracelet (which is very nice) and CDN7500 for the strap (nothing special).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I wonder how accurate is this version ($218)

http://www.pc88clone.com/00omde01003-hour-...813-p-4962.html

The finish on the rotor is a lot better, but the font is a bit small. The finish and engraving on the plates and bridges is better too. The movement looks to be the best of the batch in my opinion. The engraving on the caseback is nice and deep.

I didn't have time to look at the dial though.

This looks to be a better version than the previous ones and at a better pricepoint. Again...I haven't looked at anything else...just the movement as that's the key piece of this watch on the gen.

The finish on the rotor is a lot better, but the font is a bit small. The finish and engraving on the plates and bridges is better too. The movement looks to be the best of the batch in my opinion. The engraving on the caseback is nice and deep.

I didn't have time to look at the dial though.

This looks to be a better version than the previous ones and at a better pricepoint. Again...I haven't looked at anything else...just the movement as that's the key piece of this watch on the gen.

Do you know if that Asia 2813 movement (The movement in that watch) is reliable though, or at least a bit accurate in timekeeping?

Do you know if that Asia 2813 movement (The movement in that watch) is reliable though, or at least a bit accurate in timekeeping?

The 2813 is a fine movement...and cheap to replace (about $12). This one has the decorated rotor and plates/bridges...so that makes it harder to replace should you need to. The Zigmeister won't work on these as it's not really worth the time to service a $12 movement, given the cost of replacement...so a replacement if required, will likely require a mod (i.e. swap of the decorated parts onto the replacement movement).

That being said, the 2813 can be a very reliable and sound movement...but has been known to have some slipping datewheel issues on occasion and if you play around with the movement, the keyless works can get out of whack a bit (an easy fix if you have the tools and know how).

The the color of the circular design on the dial seems to be more accurate too. It seems that in this version the circular design more silvery, like the gen

I just bought the gen of this watch. If anyone wants me to take pictures let me know. I have a Canon SD850 IS. IT has macro shot but i dont know what settings to use to look the best. So if you guys want more photos let me know. Beautiful watch!

Hey...bring it on. The gen is what this watch is all about. The movement is beautiful.

To take good macro shots can be a bit tricky. Ideally...no flash but ambiant light...a tripod is ideal and using the timer or a remote control is best as you should be using as low an ISO rating as possible which, combined with the macro will make a fuzzy picture when you push the shutter release.

This will be a great project for you to learn macro technique.

You might have to play around with the focus and depth of field a bit to get the look you want (f stop...the smaller the number the less depth of field).

There's a good Photoshop guide for watches by Edge here: Edge's Photoshop Guide

Another guide here:

Using Light Tents ...the Next Step

For posting pics...go here: How to Post Pics

Good luck...and I look forward to whatever results you get.

thanks toad i'll def let you know how it goes. So funny how the rep sold me on the gen. I was looking at this thread and I saw a friend wear it so I was about to buy the $600 rep. Then i was like this watch is too beautiful to have a rep that doesnt use the amazing movement. Needless to say though my pockets are alot lighter now, but then again this hobby isnt for everyone =P

thanks toad i'll def let you know how it goes. So funny how the rep sold me on the gen. I was looking at this thread and I saw a friend wear it so I was about to buy the $600 rep. Then i was like this watch is too beautiful to have a rep that doesnt use the amazing movement. Needless to say though my pockets are alot lighter now, but then again this hobby isnt for everyone =P

You got that right! You can sink a load into watches (reps or gens) before you even have a chance to hear the repo-man calling.

I agree with you...there is a time for reps and a time for gens. Certain watches will never be repped accurately, and if you need that kind of watch, the only solution is a gen. For some, capturing the spirit of the watch might be enough, as in this one with the see-through sides...but if accuracy is your goal...gen all the way. It is a hefty price for a rep, and low value in my opinion. I'm still confused over how they price some of these reps.

You have yourself a very nice gen. I've tried it on a few times at the AD, and the movement is beautiful. I would probably wear the thing upside down if I could.

• 4 weeks later...

Nah det's vadda call a votch!

Great work on your in-depth pre-view review. Thanks so much. I really like this watch, but I think I'm still going to wait for a better all 'round rep of this one. Maybe the 4th generation "Ultimate" Hour Vision?! :rolleyes:

Edited by f5mando

• 1 month later...
i got the hour vision gen a few months ago. i think it will be an appreciating classic due to the movement. it does look fantastic worn with a black suit!!

deville5.JPG

The gen is fantastic. There appear to be a few better versions of the rep out...but nothing holds muster to the real deal in this case!!

• 1 year later...

i got the hour vision gen a few months ago. i think it will be an appreciating classic due to the movement. it does look fantastic worn with a black suit!!

heres some crappy pics of a beautiful watch.........

deville1.JPG

deville2.JPG

deville3.JPG

deville4.JPG

deville5.JPG

si

Now that is a wonderful OMEGA and a great movement :wub:

• 1 year later...

I know this review was some years ago but thanks AGAIN for your high-calibre reviews mate .... it is why I love the Internet, this hobby and other people who care enough to freely share their great knowledge.

An $88 'version' just came up in my inbox, so I thought I would do a little homework/research on these watches, seeing they have a lovely retro look to them.

FYI here is a super-quick comparison image between the super-ccheapie and the gen .... granted it is a joke of a rep, but still quite a nice looking thing I think.

88Buck_Omega_DeVille.jpg

Edited by seriph