When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

After a year on the wagon...it's starting again

Been a year since my last rep purchase and about the same amount of time since I spent a regular amount of time on RWG. You guys are like crack cocaine! Just a week back and I'm already $380 into a new Steelfish...I'm looking at more rep IWCs and my post count is up. I'm a mess. I thought I had stopped all of this and found some common sense about replicas...that my money was better spent on a single 1K gen than on 3 dubious quality clones. What the hell is wrong with me? I'm infected again!

There's a saying... "you can take the boy out of Alaska, but you can't take Alaska out of the boy"

I think it applies to reps as well.

Its awfull - I am selling 2 watches to reduce my collection and a week later I have 4 more. Its a tough one to shake off :drunk:

i bought a couple gens in the past few months, but the reps are hard to stay away from...

the quality of the recent reps that came out and that are coming are much to be excited for!

by the way, im in the burbs of philly as well. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yo Philly!!!

I'm in Delaware County...Media/Swarthmore/Wallingford area

There's a saying... "you can take the boy out of Alaska, but you can't take Alaska out of the boy"

I think it applies to reps as well.

I thought that they were talking about gerbils

i come and go a few months on a few months off - totally driven by budget

and I"M SO CLOSE to 2k posts :)

@crystal. you are kidding me that you are from nether providence... I was born in chester, lived my whole young life in wallingford. shhs grad. what a tiny world... god I miss 1/4lb hot dogs and tastykakes from the wawa across the street from the furness library on providence road....

oh and renato's pizza.... mmmmmm

Edited by its_urabus

And there I was thinking I was a special case. ;)

Welcome back, don't stay away for so long next time and the urges may be less extreme.

What can I say, I was TOLD to sell some. Got rid of 2 average Gens and 3 pretty good reps only to have to have 4 Reps on order pretty much as soon as the paypal money had cleared.

And now I've found that I don't even have to buy new Reps because there are STRAPS. Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Went on Holiday to come back to 4 Nato's and Gabo. WTF!!!!

Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change

My name's Stormy and I'm a Repaholic

@crystal. you are kidding me that you are from nether providence... I was born in chester, lived my whole young life in wallingford. shhs grad. what a tiny world... god I miss 1/4lb hot dogs and tastykakes from the wawa across the street from the furness library on providence road....

oh and renato's pizza.... mmmmmm

Wow what a small world...I'm old enough to be a Class of '78 graduate of SHHS when it was NPHS. It is so cool that Bill Sweeney taught me Physics when he was a bearded long hair wildman 30 years ago and he also taught my son 2 years ago as the button down, clean shaven head of the science department!!!

Do you still live in the area? Sounds like there was some nostalga in your post. The Wawa is still there with atrocious parking now that they're known more for their morning coffee than hot dogs. HK Furness finally expanded...they actually have a decent volume of books now. Renatos is still keeping the college kids from starving but Michael's Pharmacy on the corner in downtown Swarthmore finally succumbed to the pressure of 5 CVS stores in a 3 mile radius and is no more. It's a Dunkin Donuts now.

My son graduated from SHHS last year...lord am I old.

Been a year since my last rep purchase and about the same amount of time since I spent a regular amount of time on RWG. You guys are like crack cocaine! Just a week back and I'm already $380 into a new Steelfish...I'm looking at more rep IWCs and my post count is up. I'm a mess. I thought I had stopped all of this and found some common sense about replicas...that my money was better spent on a single 1K gen than on 3 dubious quality clones. What the hell is wrong with me? I'm infected again!

Serves you right for trying to leave us! You can run, but you'll need a rep to know what time it is when you hide. :)

haha bill sweeny... I hated him. i liked ms ralph... do you know if bill kupreon (the latin teacher) is still there? or my soscia the wood shop teacher? the HS is totally different than when i was there, total rehab. do they sill have commenecement at that amphatheater at swarthmore college?

I lived at the furness library, well my house was 4 doors down, but every day I was there. that god awful children's room in the basement...

oh and you aren't old... congrats on getting hooked on the rep bug again... now go buy buy buy :)

haha bill sweeny... I hated him. i liked ms ralph... do you know if bill kupreon (the latin teacher) is still there? or my soscia the wood shop teacher? the HS is totally different than when i was there, total rehab. do they sill have commenecement at that amphatheater at swarthmore college?

I lived at the furness library, well my house was 4 doors down, but every day I was there. that god awful children's room in the basement...

oh and you aren't old... congrats on getting hooked on the rep bug again... now go buy buy buy :)

Commencement is now at Villanova. We're movin up to the main line

I was doing pretty well. I bought a gen Breitling Super Ocean back in November and then took the pledge. My wife rolled her eyes and said, "I'll believe no more watches when I see it". Like I said, I was doing well, that is until about three weeks ago. I had on my rep white gold day-date which is a very nice rep. A friend saw the rep and asked me to help him select a rep for his father and that sent me back to the sellers' sites. I know that I'll pull the trigger again soon, it's just a matter of time. The really bad thing is that there isn't anything I particularly want; I just need to buy a watch!