When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who would like directions to the Guangzhou Watch Market?

gavidoc

So I'm one of the lucky few who goes to China on business on a regular basis and I am even more lucky as I spend majority of my time in Zhongshan and SHenzhen (both of which are about 2.5 hours from Guangzhou by car). My assistant over there drew up these nice directions for me on how to get to the market in Guangzhou from Shenzhen where the high speed train is located. On my last trip, the day I was going to go was the day that the Typhoon hit so I couldn't make it but she told me that the market is actually listed on maps of the area. I took the information that I had gleaned from here and gave her the task of finding them. This is what she found.

1. From Sheng Zhun LuoHu to Guang Zhou Dong Station, ask the waitress to lead you to the LuoHu railway station for taking the high speed train. Please call me if she can not understand you. When you buy the ticket, you show the #1 attached.

从罗湖坐和谐号(快速火车) 买深圳 到 广州东 的车票

It will take 1 hour for you to get to GuangZhou Dong railway station. (cost you about RMB90)

2. From Guang Zhou Dong railway Station to Guang Zhou Watch market (close to the Guang Zhou West railway Station), take a taxi and show the driver the map attached. (watch market in Chinese is: Shou Biao Shi Cang. Watch is Shou Biao, Market is Shi Cang)

从广州东

post-5355-1210714026_thumb.jpg

post-5355-1210714036_thumb.jpg

post-5355-1210714045_thumb.jpg

post-5355-1210714056_thumb.jpg

post-5355-1210714067_thumb.jpg

Handy directions, now I just need to work out how to get to Sheng Zhun LuoHu...

Several I know have been to the markets, usually return with low grade crap or when they get lucky (these guys don't know watches well) and fluke a good purchase price paid isn't greatly less than collectors here offer.

Great! Thanks! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Saved everything in hope to get my chance to use it... :D

I know dadog is on his way over there it might be an idea to give him a heads up.

Ken

you are right Ken! ;)

but I have done my homework already...I have all the maps on how to get to the watch markets...and I have my hotel just in that zone...

gavidoc...thanks for the useful info!

Hi gavidoc,

Glad to know that you come in the area I am in that often. My place named The Greenville is little far from the town ShiQi, about 15 minute drive or 30 min by bus.

Take the coach at Fu Hua Hotel (nice first-class seats), costs you $48RMB, it takes you straight to the provincial station right below the watch market. 2 minute walk. It takes you there in about 1.5 hour, all high-way throughout.

If your gonna take the train at landed at East Station, an extra Taxi fee of $30RMB, if no traffic jam...

Let me know who is coming this way, I can hook up with you guys if my time allows.

Pat

So I'm one of the lucky few who goes to China on business on a regular basis and I am even more lucky as I spend majority of my time in Zhongshan and SHenzhen (both of which are about 2.5 hours from Guangzhou by car). My assistant over there drew up these nice directions for me on how to get to the market in Guangzhou from Shenzhen where the high speed train is located. On my last trip, the day I was going to go was the day that the Typhoon hit so I couldn't make it but she told me that the market is actually listed on maps of the area. I took the information that I had gleaned from here and gave her the task of finding them. This is what she found.

1. From Sheng Zhun LuoHu to Guang Zhou Dong Station, ask the waitress to lead you to the LuoHu railway station for taking the high speed train. Please call me if she can not understand you. When you buy the ticket, you show the #1 attached.

从罗湖坐和谐号(快速火车) 买深圳 到 广州东 的车票

It will take 1 hour for you to get to GuangZhou Dong railway station. (cost you about RMB90)

2. From Guang Zhou Dong railway Station to Guang Zhou Watch market (close to the Guang Zhou West railway Station), take a taxi and show the driver the map attached. (watch market in Chinese is: Shou Biao Shi Cang. Watch is Shou Biao, Market is Shi Cang)

从广州东

When you say "Watch market," are you implying a (series of) physical building(s) or some kind of shanty town filled with various booths?

he means this (pics used from another member/dealer - do not remember anymore who posted them originally)

f_2862948372m_8120cd4.jpg

f_2862948373m_c000e39.jpg

f_2862948374m_0864112.jpg

f_2862948375m_ba187bd.jpg

f_2862948376m_4a17a2b.jpgf_2862948377m_bce0861.jpg

f_2862948378m_298fb2d.jpg

I have more pics on my laptop...all downloaded from various posts on the different forums from different members that were on the "watch markets"

Two of those photos appear to be of markets in Hong Kong.

The Kowloon and the Mongkok ones. Those are prominent areas in the Hong Kong area (Kowloon is across the bay from Hong Kong Island). I stay in the Renaissance Kowloon when I'm in town.

The Kowloon and the Mongkok ones. Those are prominent areas in the Hong Kong area (Kowloon is across the bay from Hong Kong Island). I stay in the Renaissance Kowloon when I'm in town.

are you sure...on the ones that is written Zhan Xi Kowloon watch center...I tought that it was in GZ - Zhan Xi road (but what do I know, I have never been there!!!)

but in one week time I will be able if everything goes as planned to do a review of the watch markets...

They are indeed in GZ, they replicate the names only.

The Kowloon one is much closer to the Bus Station right at the entry of the strip, while Mongkok is way in and is newer.

For watches, go to Kowloon and San Yi. Bands and accessories, go MongKok.

I've tried all sort of transportation to get there, including driving there in a rental car. No parking or real limited parking in front of MongKok, traffic up there is a big mess. It is a ONE WAY road, watch malls at one end and clothing and garment building on the other.

• 1 year later...

No, those pics are definitely from the GZ watch market.

They do have the names Kowloon and Mongkok for some weird reason - i know, may be confusing - but they are in GZ.