When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"Bond" Subs

Nanuq

Who wants to build a "Bond" Sub? A guy's selling a franken on the 'Bay:

Franken

Another guy's selling a pretty nasty dial:

Le Dial

Put 'em in an early Paul's Red Sub case, grind off the crown guards (a' la XRT) and presto.

Wonder where he got that 'contract case' - the coin edge bezel looks great. I want one like that <_<

A real bezel is about $1,000 and the one he's got is pretty nice... tho obviously aftermarket. Ditto the insert, crown, etc. The dial is hopeless, but for not a lot more, and some serious time with a grinder... you're there.

Heck, I should grab it for the movement alone. Parts are impossible to find now!

Wonder where he got that 'contract case' - the coin edge bezel looks great. I want one like that <_<

The contract case... dunno. It has actual engraving instead of etching.

The coin edge bezel (or one close to it) is from your friend Michael Young.

I'm thinking NDTrading, only it's a 6538 with the 6mm crown, not the correct 8mm Brevet crown. Lume on dial markers looks pretty white, which is better than the stock NDT dials which are too yellow IMO. It cost me a little over $2200 to build a 5508- $800 for the case, $240 for the dial, $880 for a 1520 plus $200 to service, hands, crystal and crown/tube- maybe it's closer to $2300! So his price for the franken isn't too bad.

That bezel insert is straight from NDT- signature flat pearl!