When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A very sad story

KB

Just had a laugh at Chaitik's post and then hit reality with yours. This is sick and it is sad to know that there are more sicko's like her who care not the least about the feelings of others. I hope they give her the 5 years times 4 - consecutively.

Usil

WTF! It seems that there are more and more people like this in the world today. What would make someone do something like this. While I'm sure her intent was not what ended up happening the fact remains that her actions caused this tragedy. Hope that they hit her with the max on all four counts.

Forbes had a large article months ago about how people do terrible things due to the fact that they can "hide" in cyber space.. it was more in depth than that but a growing concern at the time as sociologist were fearful of the ramifacations of the growing problem

I guess their fears were a prophecy of sorts.. needless.. senseless ... for what ??

nothing will bring this child back or lessen the grief of her family.. hope we can learn something from this tragedy !!

I'm not sure about intent bit, it states she was a neighbour and that she actually told the girl the world would be better off without her.

I'm thinking the whole thing was deliberate...woman pushing 50 see's sexy young next door type..jealousy..rage..offencive etc

Ken

Well I guess the intention of that comment may never be known for sure. I'm thinking that the "the world would be better off without her" comment was meant to crush the girls self esteem and not a prompt to go commit suicide but sadly that's what the result was. What a d@mn shame. A beautiful girl with her whole life ahead of her who ended it because of this old hag.

Don't want to spent many words on this sick story.

Children should always be protected from such sick individuals but the problem is how ??

You can't lock your children up alll day with no TV and Internet.

It just leaves a lot of raising 7up to do by us parents.

Carpe Diem

Cats

If someone ever did that to my little sister (or daughter if I ever have one) they wouldn't ever make it to court. I hope that btch gets her ass kicked in jail. She deserves it.

This is one of the cruelest things I've heard of. It was just malicous. An adult doing that to a kid. Almost as bad as sexual assault.

The two recent horrorscandals in Austria where a man locked his daughter in a cellar for 24!!!! years and had 7 children with her(how sick can you be) and another girl jailed in a cellar for years by a stranger....

It blows your mind , unbeleavable in what people are capable of.

We had our tragedies in Holland too, one sad strory will always be in my mind.

A 3 year old girl being killed by her mother and her mother's friend, she put a towel in the girls mouth to get her quit, chopped into pieces and put in a suitcase. Child services proved to be totally inadequate here, the girl was constantly being abused and beaten in her short life from the day she was born. Can you imagine that....??????????????

Deathpunishment is simply too good for these people(unfortunately she will be out of jail in a few years, that's justice in Holland)

I have a 2year old and he is the sun in my life, if he was hurt I would go out of my mind.

I have a 2year old and he is the sun in my life, if he was hurt I would go out of my mind.

This is where it hit's home with me too, I look at my 6yo daughter and I know if someone harmed her they better go straight to the police because they wont want me catching up with them.

Ken

Devil attorney here.

Media love the internet horror stories, that's a fact. What do we know really about this story yet ? Bullshitting online is not a rare thing, children are sensitive to that, that's true.

Where were her parents? Didn't they notice that a 13 Yo girl was spending most of her time in front of a computer, is that the normal way now ?

I can't believe she hanged herself after 3hours of chat, the bond between those 2 persons must have been a big one, why did she look online for love she should get in the real life.

What do we know about her life, maybe her dad was abusing her, maybe her mom was a crackhead. We'll never know, the only big title we'll have is "50yo woman push a teenager to suicide".

I'm not saying it's not the case, but we can't really draw conclusions about that. Teenage suicide is not rare, she could have hang herself without internet.

Surely it's a sad story, it happens everyday, and will happen again, now we have the focus on because it happenned on "myspace". It's sad to see that's the only thing attracting media is this perfume of scandal around the case.

Anyway, may she R.I.P.

Excuse my french.

Yeah, I mean, maybe it was just that kind of a day for that 13-year-old: the kind of day when you just chuck it all and hang yourself.

Happens all the time.

Why blame a 50-year-old adult woman - even though it has already been demonstrated that she very carefully orchestrated the whole scam over a period of weeks: slowly reeling the girl in emotionally by means of a make-believe boyfriend of her own invention - and then dumping her brutally with a final online message. So why blame her? It's not like she was intentionally trying to hurt the girl: she was just funning!

We've become a soft, nanny-coddling society full of snivelling victims.

/sarcasm off.

Addendum: Even if the girl's mother was a crack ho', her father a child abuser and her brother Frankenstein, there would be even less mitigating circumstances for baiting such an obviously emotionally fragile individual.

@Blobzor: Speaking of mitigating circumstances, are you French by any chance?

Guest carlsbadrolex

Not to lesson the tragedy of the situation... But its really difficult for me to believe that this girl didnt have some other very serious issues. Although the final nail in her coffin (pardon the pun) may have been this womans comments, there simply had to be something else going on.

If a girl of 14 is so emotionally frail to take the words of someone she has never met and twist them in to justification for taking her own life I would have to ask, "where were mom and dad"? And what life lessons had they taught her in her 14 short years. Was there so little love at home that she put SO MUCH weight into the friendship or virtual relationship?

Its a horrible story, but I dont see that this woman needs to lose her life or spend years in prison because of her actions. The next time I pee is someones cornflakes, do I need to go to prison if they take my words and twist them in to a reason to kill themselves or someone else? OR better yet, if I yell at someone who cuts me off in traffic and they go home and beat there wife or children... is it my fault? NO, they were probably having a shitty day to begin with!

Actions have consequences... just match them carefully!

I just read about this story today, I have no idea why I did not pick up on it sooner. I am absolutely speechless ... I cannot Imagine what this woman was thinking about.

The genesis of this story is 2 13 year old girls, who were close friends, drifted apart and began to say rather 'catty' things about each other. In other words, they were 13 year old girls being 13 year old girls. The mother of one decided this was unacceptable and took it upon herself to get involved by developing a false male personality on myspace and thru that personality made romantic overtures to the other. The Mom, thru this fictionalized personality than dumped the girl and began circulating cruel stories about her at one point telling her to kill herself. The girl, already being treated for depression, took him up on it and committed suicide.

I cannot understand why parents think they need to get involved in personal disputes between teenagers. Sure, I can understand the temptation, but Jesus, you can only shelter your child from peer fights for so long. What did this woman hope to accomplish? Was it really that important to get even with a 13 year old??

I try never to wish bad things upon people .. I think it is bad karma, but I am having a hard time not hoping she goes to jail. What a horrible story.

Whether she does time or not, something tells me that she's not going to be the most popular mom at the local PTA meetings.

As for the daughter, she'll certainly have some interesting accompishments to put on her CVs and college applications.

Yes indeed that is very very sad....myspace strikes again....

However....it is also a little too simple....

There MUST have been some other psychological factors involved in her decision to hang herself....people dont just get an offensive email or myspace message and turn around and hang themselves....some other form of abuse must have been present....most likely family related....severe family issues or psychological trauma/illness must have been a factor as well....possibly drug abuse....hard to say....

At any rate....there simply has to be more to this than what is on the surface....its just too simple....it has to be more complicated....

We've become a soft, nanny-coddling society full of snivelling victims.

/sarcasm off.

Ryyannon...was sarcasm on? This is the truth. And sadly, I don't see it getting any better.

Back on subject: This WAS a person's life...nothing can replace that. Tragic. Like Nightstroker said, however, I believe there was more to it...you have to be troubled to take a life; yours or someone else's.

All of those myspaces, facebooks, etc. website are very bad news. They are a breeding ground for paedophiles, child molesters, predators, and thus represent a huge threat to our children. I do not see any reason for these websites to exist except to facilitate the means through which degenerates stalk innocent kids.

At any rate....there simply has to be more to this than what is on the surface....its just too simple....it has to be more complicated....

That's what i was trying to say, and it seems to me that i'm not the only.

Fellow iraki general, are you from paris, not in france? If you want i can send you some cheese, would be perfect with your whine

Edited by Blobzor

All of those myspaces, facebooks, etc. website are very bad news. They are a breeding ground for paedophiles, child molesters, predators, and thus represent a huge threat to our children. I do not see any reason for these websites to exist except to facilitate the means through which degenerates stalk innocent kids.

Getting them hooked on replica watches.

You say this on an internet forum? Are you completely devoid of irony? :o

Remember; social networks don't sexually assault kids, people do.

Don't blame the vector, blame the people.