When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Look what I found.....in my UPO

jeroen1985

Well, Gentlemen, Correct me if I'm wrong, but apparently RWG should be almost exactly what we it want to be...

Perhaps we have to define some standards and ask all the trusted sellers to act like Puretime or Eurotimez?

Mmh... I love utopia...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the Asian movement going to have the same problem of stripping the crown causing the movement problem as the ETA? If so, it may end up being a better movement to use. I know that issue is a major reason I have not taken the plunge on this watch.

Well, Gentlemen, Correct me if I'm wrong, but apparently RWG should be almost exactly what we it want to be...

Perhaps we have to define some standards and ask all the trusted sellers to act like Puretime or Eurotimez?

Mmh... I love utopia...

I back 100% your suggestion. All dealers should take them for exemple... specify Asian clone 2824 vs. Swiss ETA 2824-2 that is NOS vs. Asian 21j automatics.

This business need more discipline gentleman :euro:

Thnx for all the reply's. I asked Joshua about the movement and this is what he answered:

Hi, This movt is being machined... It is swiss.. The swiss wordings are machine off due to the add on machining work. It is a more expensive movt. If you do not want it. See it back to me. i will send you the watch in raw gold movt. joshua

Crazy isn't it? I paid the same price as advertised on his website for the UPO ETA. About 300 dollar..

Hi, This movt is being machined... It is swiss.. The swiss wordings are machine off due to the add on machining work. It is a more expensive movt. If you do not want it. See it back to me. i will send you the watch in raw gold movt. joshua

bullsh#it.... I have had seveal machined and decorated ETA's and all had the correct marking!

Thnx for all the reply's. I asked Joshua about the movement and this is what he answered:

Crazy isn't it? I paid the same price as advertised on his website for the UPO ETA. About 300 dollar..

Actually, there is NO decoration or machining on the movement below the balance where you should see the movement number and ETA hallmark... and even if there were, the damascening takes off nearly 0 material... more like burnishing the surface with a fiberglass pen... ain't even gonna hide scratches... the Geneva stripes take off marginally more, but not enough to obliterate any stamping on the rotor... you can check out Ofrei's watch kit for what a 2824-2 in this level of finish and presumed adjustment... ("Elabor

And if the "machining" argument isn't convincing enough just point out that Seiko Diashock springs (that three leafed spring on your movement's staff similar to KIF) are NOT an option on any level of finish for any ETA movement... and Incabloc is the only shock spring on all 5 levels of finish for the ETA 2824-2, so he can't get away with arguing it's KIF either...

Damn, I like this sort of expertise :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The shock protection?? Pleas explain me what to shoot with my camera...

Actually, there is NO decoration or machining on the movement below the balance where you should see the movement number and ETA hallmark... and even if there were, the damascening takes off nearly 0 material... more like burnishing the surface with a fiberglass pen... ain't even gonna hide scratches... the Geneva stripes take off marginally more, but not enough to obliterate any stamping on the rotor... you can check out Ofrei's watch kit for what a 2824-2 in this level of finish and presumed adjustment... ("Elabor

Mmh... I love utopia...

I agree

If people started to use Eurotimz and pure time more because of this level of service then Josua and Andrew and all the rest would have to follow suit or they would loose business, i made my decission after the little white lies thread and have recieved since then sterling service from PT, Narikaa, homer and eurotimz. Remember chose your dealer!

Show your anger at the level of service and honesty you have recieved. if your corner shop ripped you off or you were not happy with the service would you still shop there? every block has 4 corners.

This discussion has happend time and time again, lots of shouting and rattling of sabres and no action, as i said before i made my desission and have been very happy with it.

If you are not happy then make yours!

PS i would be happy with the asian clone but not the price, nice decoration on it.

although I must admit that this "clone ETA" does have very high level of decoration on it...

we can all say what we may "think" from the pictures posted, but the truth of whether it's "genuine ETA" will only be revealed if the rep is sent to someone like The Zigmeister for closer inspection.

I think The Zigmeister is too busy at the moment to be on the forum.

although I must admit that this "clone ETA" does have very high level of decoration on it...

we can all say what we may "think" from the pictures posted, but the truth of whether it's "genuine ETA" will only be revealed if the rep is sent to someone like The Zigmeister for closer inspection.

I think The Zigmeister is too busy at the moment to be on the forum.

Doesn't need to go to The Zigmeister. If it doesn'y have ETA stamps it isn't ETA. The decoration of the movement has nothing to do with it as the stamps are located on the undecorated base plate beneath the balance wheel. Either Josh or his supplier tried to get away with something, but Josh's response is bullsh*t.

I'm starting to worry we're getting scammed more and more by our trusted dealers, a copy of an ETA shouldn't be that expensive, then why the hell advertise it as one? We're already being charged a big profit on their part but now they're getting greedier by the minute. :angry:

I'm becoming more & more inclined to get Asian clone movements of ETA...

with the rumours that the current supply of ETA are not of good quality (used or modified or rebuild, etc).

at least with an Asian ETA clone, we're able to get parts in the futuresif it indeed does need repair.

I think The Zigmeister said that he prefers to work on Asian clones than genuine ETA because it's very difficult to get parts of genuine ETA???

having said that, I agree with the argument that there's any good justification to charge such a high "premium" for an Asian ETA clone.

a copy is still a copy, any which way you look at it, it's not up there with the genuine thing.

What happened to the customer service? Looks like it has been replaced with creative excuses and no apologies.

This is not what you paid for, ask for the difference or send it back and Josh should pick up the tab.

Mistakes happen but you shouldn't have to pay for it.

I have to give credit to Silix, I ordered Swiss ETA, I got Swiss ETA.

Maybe this thread should be moved to the dealer section.

Damn, I like this sort of expertise :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Heh... then my "vintage" brain recalibrated it's self (working nights is kind of messing with me...) and I remembered the new Novodiac setup (Incabloc)... which does look a bit like KIF and Seiko Diashock (which is a whole other ball of wax about the old arguments about what is better and why does Rolex use "inferior" KIF, but ...eh) and realized that, hey... those things have probably made their way into the new production 2824-2's by now... and if the unmarked clone is using Novodiac... then these just might be "real" Swiss, in that it was produced at the closed Chinese ETA facilities...

You must have been replying while I was reorganizing my thoughts...

Anyway...

ETA did/does(?) produce this movement in exactly this level of decoration/material... perhaps with Novodiac now... except that they are hallmarked, and the rotor does have ETA markings across the Geneva Stripes as well...

So... there's my conspiracy theory... ETA left all in place when they 'closed the factory', and the old workers are still churning them out... just a different looking cut/finish on the wheels... so perhaps, just as Swiss as recent Swiss without the "assembled in Switzerland" part... especially if the spring is Novodiac.

Am I making any sense these days?

The shock protection?? Pleas explain me what to shoot with my camera...

A dead straight shot of the the gold wheel with the hair spring that goes back and forth really fast... the spring on the jewel is what is in question... so no fuzzy, if at all possible...

So... there's my conspiracy theory... ETA left all in place when they 'closed the factory', and the old workers are still churning them out... just a different looking cut/finish on the wheels... so perhaps, just as Swiss as recent Swiss without the "assembled in Switzerland" part... especially if the spring is Novodiac.

Am I making any sense these days?

Man you lost it... The Chinese workers probably work in the factories at night in Ninja suits :bangin:

No seriously, I have absolutely no knowledge of shock protectors so you could say they're made from candy and I still would believe you ;)

@ FxrAndy

I was under the impression that PureTime (Angus in HongKong) do NOT do any QC like EuroTimez (Chris in China) & Precious Time (PT in Europe)???

I have never dealt with Pure time but have only the best to say about Precious time who has been in this game a long time and know what he does very well and Eurotimez who may be new but is making masive head ways into being a TOP collector!

@Jeroen,

We have discussed this in depth.. I have also offered to replace your watch .. You decide to keep it.. I am not forcing anything down on you..

I also send you not 1... but 2 replacements as the earlier 2 are taken by your country customs....

Thanks

Joshua