When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hi.. From Twg (andrew)

Hi, friends.

For the entire last week and this week, there have been very serious issues on EMS Courier packages exiting China customs. There are 3 sorting centers in China but 2 of them are forced to close because of the pressure being sent down by Intellectual Property Department in China due to USA threats. The last sorting center is being monitored very very closely and thus all packages cannot exit easily. Some of the packages had to be repacked with new EMS Tracking numbers just to exit from China or HK.

This week, DHL is also affected to a certain degree. Many of my customers will realised that I have upgraded them to DHL for some packages because EMS Courier was having problems. We hope you understand. I have been informed today that EMS Courier and DHL over the next 3-5 days will be very very difficult to exit. I am being forced to use the most expensive option: FEDEX.

I am trying my best to make sure all customers are well taken care of and I sincerely need all the help you guys can give me by not bombarding me with questions on tracking number. I have always been doing my job of processing orders and giving you guys tracking numbers every day. Those guys who always chat with me will know I dont laze around and work about 12-14 hours for you guys. =P

Let me sort everything through with my freight forwarder and allow me time to get all the packages sent out. I thank you guys and promise I will always deliver what I promised.

Meanwhile, enjoy your stay in RWG and keep ticking

Cheers

ANDREW

@Trusty Time

I spoke to Andrew yesterday regarding this situation. I have an order pending. This just shows why I continue to order from Andrew, trusty is an understatement. He has wonderful communication with his customers and certainly delivers and goes all out.

Just a simple "thanks for what you do" Andrew.

Hopefully this problem will fade out and not hinder the rep community as I'm certainl other dealers are affected.

trusty...that is very useful info...i think that someone else already posted it...i think it was also a dealer...

I am waiting for a package from EL...

hope i'll get the watch...

just one question...can happen that i don't get the watch?ever? or it is just matter of time when i am going to get it?

tnx in advance for the answers...

trusty...that is very useful info...i think that someone else already posted it...i think it was also a dealer...

I am waiting for a package from EL...

hope i'll get the watch...

just one question...can happen that i don't get the watch?ever? or it is just matter of time when i am going to get it?

tnx in advance for the answers...

The items will be sent to customer definitely. It's just a delay, thats all. As all of you know, I normally send you guys tracking within 24-48 hours or latest 72 hours unless there is some problems but recently, the custom problems had me tied up and so I have to ask freight forwarder everytime because they are also busy handling many packages (not only from me).

It's not a permanent thing but this situation is something which has always been around in the replica industry.

I know that Joshua posted a similar thread earlier but that was like 3 days back. Now, even DHL is affected. I think Joshua can vouched for that too. =)

Thanks!

ANDREW

@ Trusty Time

The items will be sent to customer definitely. It's just a delay, thats all. As all of you know, I normally send you guys tracking within 24-48 hours or latest 72 hours unless there is some problems but recently, the custom problems had me tied up and so I have to ask freight forwarder everytime because they are also busy handling many packages (not only from me).

It's not a permanent thing but this situation is something which has always been around in the replica industry.

I know that Joshua posted a similar thread earlier but that was like 3 days back. Now, even DHL is affected. I think Joshua can vouched for that too. =)

Thanks!

ANDREW

@ Trusty Time

tnx for answering trusty!

Crap, I would never expect Chinese go bananas like that... I got a package from Andrew just before this happened (took 3 days, arrived last friday), and now have one from Josh stucked somewhere. Apparently the problem with tracking numbers started early last week, well, who could expect that?

This is symptomatic of what is happening worldwide.....the "spread" of terrorism is affecting countries that for many years were safe havens for people who supplied our particular hobby.......and it is going to get worse....!

Thailand Customs were at my local post office virtually all last week....stopping any farang with bulk postings.......I got tipped the wink and used my local "Mailboxes" type shop.......I hand my stuff to them and they will take it the post office ( for a fee ...of course )....wait in the queue etc etc......the girll at the Mailboxes shop....told me it was too difficult to post locally last week.....so they shipped my stuff up to Bangkok and posted from there.....so some customers will be affected by that...not many....about 7-8...( mikellem...please read )......EMS in particular is coming under a lot of scrutiny nowadays.....and as far as DHL and Fedex are concerned.....if the package contains a watch.....they want a receipt or valuation....if not provided....they'll pass it onto Customs.......!

Difficult days indeed.....!

As I have posted earlier, exiting packages from china is definitely a challenge these days..DHL has stopped accepting all packages all of today...We will work out a suitable solution.. Meantime, we ask for your patience.

thanks

joshua

GODDAMNIT!!!!! I knew I should have ordered that Bentley GT from you last week Josh!!!! You know, every time I think I'm being prudent, what I'm really being is STUPID!!!! Nothing suceeds like immediate gratification.

Chris

the good thing that i know now...is that the watches i ordered are coming to papa...a delay is just a little issue...i would be worried if i'd never get the watches...

right?

What? After 0:0 with Japan you still hope to get watches from China? Shame on you, nobody send this guy any more watches :lol:

I do think that eventually, IP enforcement is going to get to a point where rep buying will be nowhere near as easy as it is today. Unfortunate from a purely selfish viewpoint, but in the grand scheme of things I tend to think it's a good thing. Which is actually my excuse for indulging my rep fetish now . . . you don't really know what kind of later there will be.

I do think that eventually, IP enforcement is going to get to a point where rep buying will be nowhere near as easy as it is today. Unfortunate from a purely selfish viewpoint, but in the grand scheme of things I tend to think it's a good thing. Which is actually my excuse for indulging my rep fetish now . . . you don't really know what kind of later there will be.

China will enforce copyright law when Chinese companies have copyright interest overseas.

That will not happen for a long while.

Until then,China will just pay lip service to its WTO obligations.

BTW What is the latest on shipping problems.

Guest chronomat123

Andrew, you're the best. Thanks for your honesty in keeping us apprised of the situation with customs/ shipping issues.

Thanks again!!!

China will enforce copyright law when Chinese companies have copyright interest overseas.

That will not happen for a long while.

Until then,China will just pay lip service to its WTO obligations.

BTW What is the latest on shipping problems.

Yes, but the rest of the world with IP can't wait for China to decide to do the right thing. The EU is proposing legislation right now that will make any knowing importation of counterfeit goods a felony, and the US is in the process of enacting laws that will increase the civil and criminal liability of carriers -- that'll make DHL work a little harder to find out exactly what "birthday gift" Johnny Smith in Omaha is getting from Guangzhou.

I'm not saying it will be complete or fast, but the web will tighten. Big business interests are simply losing too much money and face, and it's not about just watches. The Chinese are counterfeiting and selling stuff that's not so easy to laugh off, from pacemakers to credit cards.

Yes, but the rest of the world with IP can't wait for China to decide to do the right thing. The EU is proposing legislation right now that will make any knowing importation of counterfeit goods a felony, and the US is in the process of enacting laws that will increase the civil and criminal liability of carriers -- that'll make DHL work a little harder to find out exactly what "birthday gift" Johnny Smith in Omaha is getting from Guangzhou.

I'm not saying it will be complete or fast, but the web will tighten. Big business interests are simply losing too much money and face, and it's not about just watches. The Chinese are counterfeiting and selling stuff that's not so easy to laugh off, from pacemakers to credit cards.

Don't live in the EU and don't care very much. Don't care about the little intracies of their legal system.

DHL criminally responsible. :bleh::bleh::bleh:

In the US large corporations can rip off the State of CA for BILLIONS and nobody goes to jail.

Same coroporations liquidate life savings of empoyees and investors and maybe 2 or 3 people will see some jail time at Club Fed.

Enacting Laws and putting actual people in jail and enforcing massive legal fines on large corporations in the USA is a HUGE LEAP.

I think I will see Japan Natioanl Post head honchos in jail before the any one on the board of Directors at FEDEX,DHL,or UPS see jail time.

Plus our dealers ship EMS USPS to USA.

Yeah I can see the Civil Servants of USPS being hauled off to jail.

Just like JAPAN National Post.

Japan will drop all subsidies to rice farmers, and eliminate tariffs, and import restrictions on rice before that happens.

And meet the letter and spirit of its WTO obiligations.

Same joke with US corn,sugarbeet, and wheat farmers and their protections that violate WTO obligations.

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

Don't live in the EU and don't care very much. Don't care about the little intracies of their legal system.

In the US large corporations can rip off the State of CA for BILLIONS and nobody goes to jail.

Same coroporations liquidate life savings of empoyees and investors and maybe 2 or 3 people will see some jail time at Club Fed.

Enacting Laws and putting actual people in jail and enforcing massive legal fines on large corporations in the USA is a HUGE LEAP.

I think I will see Japan Natioanl Post head honchos in jail before the any one on the board of Directors at FEDEX,DHL,or UPS see jail time.

Plus our dealers ship EMS USPS to USA.

Yeah I can see the Civil Servants of USPS being hauled off to jail.

Just like JAPAN National Post.

Japan will drop all subsidies to rice farmers, and eliminate tariffs, and import restrictions on rice before that happens.

And meet the letter and spirit of its WTO obiligations.

Same joke with US corn,sugarbeet, and wheat farmers and their protections that violate WTO obligations.

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

:whistling: OK buddy, you've got it all figured out.

I especially love the don't live in the EU and don't care "argument" . . . that and the completely tangential attacks on Japan certainly lay out your points in an intelligent, civil, objective way. I'm actually an American living in Japan, thanks for reminding me that I made the right choice.

Anyway, your arguments aren't even internally consistent -- you say American big corporations can do anything they want. Then why wouldn't they be able to pressure the government to laws to protect their IP interests that cost them billions a year? Yeah, you've got all the answers.

Edited by kanerich

I think the solution is to ship watches with drugs and weapons, specially explosives, as these shipments seem to be finding their way to EU and US fine :yuk:

Andrew and Jos, when you ship to the US, may I reccommend packing the watch in a mixture of fertilizer, TNT, and radioactive waste and making sure it crosses the ocean in a large shipping container on a vessel bound for a large American harbor? It is sure to get through since the Bush Administration is busilly making the planet safe for Swiss luxury goods companies while only checking 5% of the shipping containers that arrive at the Port of New York.

The down side is that this will require a fair amount of patience on the part of your customers--after all, the phrase "slow boat from China" didn't materialize out of thin air...

Wow, that's a funny point of view.

DHL will not be ripping off the gubmint, they'll be going head-to-head with IP owners if the legislation goes through. That is a different lawyer-fuelled ball-game altogether, and one involving piles and piles of money.

ps. As for the "Don't live in the EU and don't care very much. Don't care about the little intracies of their legal system." joke, I should respond with something belittling the age of your country or the fact that your laws are so advanced that they let people get away with this [censored] or even that your laws are so progressive that you didn't abolish slavery until the 1960s or something equally pithy, but that would be putting down the rest of the US members here I actually like and respect. Just pretend I did and everything will be back to normal.

the rest of the world has never been able to do anything about what china does. nothing has magicly changed that. they are giving a show to settle everybody down a little. as far as the laws in america they have been tring to do something about this for ever and nothing has change they have too many problems with our laws on proving justafiable cause to investigate and intent to distribute unless you just got busted tring to import several at the same time and then they have to purchase from you to build a case so they can go to trial. as far as the carriers go, they have alot more problems than watches. they can't even find cocain. watches are the least of their worries