When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New SLR come ?

Guest Mr Jones

• 2 weeks later...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the sec @3 configuration is not problematic like the six position is ..........According to Zig, although the movement adds five extra gears for the transfer, it is a well done modification and should not pose any long-term problems with the function and life of the movement.

Guest Mr Jones

From another post info about sec@3 - "Its the 7750 with gears to transfer the seconds, it's the same movement they used in the breitling Blackbird and Bentley"

I can't find good pictures of gen, only TAG webpage >New SLR on TAG web<

This is what I can find gen :

tagheuerslr1jy3.jpg

tagheuerslr2lm9.jpg

tagheuerslr3lq5.jpg

How do you know that?

It doesnt say on the website and there isnt a movement pic

I think that typically if its a high beat it will say 28,800. The description does not so the assumption plus the low price is that it contains a low beat. is the low beat problematic??????? I really like this watch and would like to order it if the low beat movement is OK.

So are you guys saying that they have two different seconds at '3 movement conversions? One low-beat and one high-beat?

I seriously doubt it.

Hi,

I prefer the former SLR version (I don't like the date on this one), the version which had a leather strap and less busy dial.

It seems we're back to decent rep prices ??

I don't like the rubber strap shape on this one.

Hi,

I prefer the former SLR version (I don't like the date on this one), the version which had a leather strap and less busy dial.

It looks like there is no problem to swap the strap for leather or some SS-bracelet.

I will try out some different combinations.

;)

-tazz

Guest Mr Jones
Hi,

'to decent rep prices' ? We will see, now I put order for this SLR with quoted price 165USD and I will put oder for this with price 258USD. If I will recive anything from this chaper seller I will make photo shoot both versions.

Hi,

Amen to that :good:

Almost picked up the (far superior aesthetically IMO) gen limited ed Mk I SLR last Christmas when I got my c.36 Monza. Wish I'd got both now.

Joshua confirmed to me that the rep SS bracelet (below, left) is coming soon, but doesn't know for sure if they'll do the Mk I (below, right) - says they might but not sure when.

picture28jx1.png

I plan to keep nagging on this as it's such a simple tweak - both the same case, same bezel (slightly different finishing - Mk is black paint-filled SS not coated like Mk II), same clasp, same movt, just a different dial. Either do it on a crappy croc rep leather strap or supply the SS or rubber of the mk II. I would probably get the gen leather strap anyway, expensive but superb quality.

Price difference between this and other models with same movt (Blackbird) is noticeably/suspiciously different, but think it is down to marketing rather than using the old 21.6bph movt.

165 USd is unbeatable for an A7750 based rep.

I'd be interested in the results of your transaction.

I have the good old (unaccurate) quartz one, and must say I'm happy with it, except with the caseback which looks far better on the new A7750 version.

'to decent rep prices' ? We will see, now I put order for this SLR with quoted price 165USD and I will put oder for this with price 258USD. If I will recive anything from this chaper seller I will make photo shoot both versions.